Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s bad ass.

Thanks. I can make the table longer if needed. The one on the left has the leaf up and is resting on the lowered leaf of the other table. Underneath the leaves are piano hinges and I made a door bar type stop. Fold up both leaves, slide the handled stop into the braces, and the leaves are supported basically creating a space 3 tables long using only 2 tables. It saves on space.

Mr.Z 1/6 american staffordshire terrier goes really well with JW. Damn I need to upgrade my back drop.
a9ddcd2d01f40a276a8d92a41f343b0f.jpg

i really like this pose. Any tips to get the pistol arm to raise that high, seems like the suit is restricting the shoulder.

i really like this pose. Any tips to get the pistol arm to raise that high, seems like the suit is restricting the shoulder.

I was able to get the arm to raise a fairly decent amount by moving it w/o holding onto the blazer (like hold onto the figure under the blazer and make your movements). I had previously posted a detailed entry describing it but that post seemingly went to the bit bucket with the recent site issues.

Off topic i may cancel my Scarlet SM figure for this as i can only afford this and one gun. And this figure is a tad more alpha as much as i LOVE the SM figure. TOO BAD $ sucks.

This is the gun i want /need. (NOTE, i already have a PPQ 4 in slide with regular 3 dot white sights 4 inch and regular barrel....You can see my predicament, LOL!

https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-5-barrel-fiber-optic-front-sight-2-mags-gold-2826721.html

So this new PPQ 5 inch FO front site, ported slide cuts and gold, white gold and bronze PVD coated barrel is too much to pass up.

First world problems:gun:pow:orc:violin

For those looking to bash their own white shirt Wick - I can recommend a poptoys model.

Everything else matches stock except the belt and the shoes, which ironically are the same as HT, but recasts. This tells me that HT has been using these shoes for a long while.

The body has ratcheted joints, which is likely one of the big reasons folks think his shoulders are jammed or immobile because of the suit. They are very tight.

The suit is tailored to work with the HT shirt which must be extremely thin. I had a hard time pulling the white sleeves through, and that was even when I loaded the shirt into the jacket first, and then placed it on the body. Also note that the suit is tailored to imitate traps and account for the vest in the process, so much so that you might think he's got a giraffe neck until it's properly futzed.

I'm going to be honest, and as someone who thinks the white shirt look is the **** (because of the JW1 club fight), it doesn't translate as well to a figure. Not sure what it is, but the complete HT suit is super impressive looking in comparison.
63ddf65607b3d8215df1d8c0f770fdce.jpg

Nice work. Those Poptoys shirts definitely have a much crisper collar than the one I used for my custom. Although I agree, I've never seen a white shirt custom that looked quite as good as the HT figure. Somehow it always just ends up looking like another guy in a suit.

Not sure what it is, but the complete HT suit is super impressive looking in comparison.
63ddf65607b3d8215df1d8c0f770fdce.jpg

Probably because the HT quality is superior to that of a third party mass produced outfit. I do feel like the white shirt has slowly become the "definitive" or at least the more iconic look for the character for some reason. Probably because how much he wore the white shirt in part 2 and 3, plus the black and white contrast looks better in posters and fan-art over the all black outfit which was meant to be Wick's signature outfit in the first film. Even on that photo, the white shirt just stands out more. I think it was a mistake for HT not to include the white shirt option.

Nice work. Those Poptoys shirts definitely have a much crisper collar than the one I used for my custom. Although I agree, I've never seen a white shirt custom that looked quite as good as the HT figure. Somehow it always just ends up looking like another guy in a suit.

Yeah, everyone wears the traditional black/white combo. But to wear all black, that's different. I heavily suspect that HT chose to go this route for that reason. They could have done a JW1, or 3 getup and probably had an easier time producing it, but they picked the very distinct three piece from part 2.

Probably because the HT quality is superior to that of a third party mass produced outfit. I do feel like the white shirt has slowly become the "definitive" or at least the more iconic look for the character for some reason. Probably because how much he wore the white shirt in part 2 and 3, plus the black and white contrast looks better in posters and fan-art over the all black outfit which was meant to be Wick's signature outfit in the first film. Even on that photo, the white shirt just stands out more. I think it was a mistake for HT not to include the white shirt option.

But what you're looking at is essentially HT quality as it's almost all official HT parts, with the only exception being the shirt, tie, and shoes, which come from arguably the best mass 1/6 suit manufacturer.

I don't disagree that the black/white is the posterchild look for the character, but the all black suit really just looks more striking in person figure-wise.

My JW was lost in China Custom and I will wait until the end of this month to resolve this issue.
In the meantime I have fun with my kitbash, it still needs some tweaking but it is almost satisfactory for me.

DSC_06655.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this figure. So much was done right, but there is so much lost potential. The weapons are done well, but little details are off (like the back half of the barrel blocking off the ejection port of the Glock 34 or the wrong stock on the AR15). What really annoyed me was the complete lack of kit, so I'm gonna try to fix that here, using the movies as a guide.
We'll call the left one (white shirt) the John Wick 1 load and the right one (black shirt) the John Wick 2 load.

Mgts92o.jpg

John 1 is configured using the loadout he'd had during the Red Circle gunfight, with the addition of a low-profile rifle mag carrier, which I'm including for the sake of covering all of his equipment in one go. He's wearing soft body armor under his white dress shirt (which is why it appears bulky, especially in the back). His basic load consists of an HKP30L in a low profile belt holster, a Glock 26 using an inside the waistband (IWB) holster, two mags for HKP30L in a low profile leather mag carrier, and a boot knife strapped to his left ankle using an elastic band (not pictured).

vdaepSg.jpg

It's a light, effective loadout... And nothing like what he carries to the party in the second movie.
John 2 is wearing the full load from the night's party.
He's using a hard holster for his TTI-customized Glock 34, another IWB holster for TTI-customized Glock 26, a single low-profile mag carrier for his AR15, and a pair of double pistol mag carriers for his Glock 34 mags.

AvWDkDm.jpg

In addition to his primary load, he's also carrying four 8-shell shotgun speedloaders attached to a web belt. All told, he's carrying a rifle, a shotgun, a primary pistol, backup pistol, two spare rifle mags (one in a carrier on the rifle, one in a carrier on the belt), four spare pistol mags, and an additional thirty-two shotgun shells. "One-Man Army".

ZUrQM8i.jpg

Additional views of the gear:

f31lBqv.jpg

wQNVW8l.jpg

Sourcing of the gear was uncomplicated. The holster is DAM or Easy&Simple (I can't remember which), the John Wick 2 pistol mag carriers are DAM, the John Wick 1 and 2 pistol mags are Easy&Simple, no idea where the rifle mag carriers came from, and the rest of the gear is custom. The boot knife, IWB holster clip, and shotgun speed loaders are all carved, melted, and shaped from styrene (usually old hotel keycards or expired credit cards). The John Wick 1 gear and John Wick 2 IWB holster is all leatherwork sewn using Rio Rondo leather.

Just for laughs, here's the John Wick I made in 2017 for my Wife before HT announced theirs. The weapons have all been upgraded since (as shown in the pictures).

5BzG5VT.jpg

UANYgoh.jpg

Great job on that set up......but.....none of that can work on the Hot Toys Wick figure once his jacket is replaced due to the 1/6 scale. He can wear all of that gear under a 1:1 suit, but putting the jacket on a 1/6 figure over all of that gear just looks plain bad. So, what would be the point in including it with the figure? You never see him in an action scene without the jacket on in any of the three films, so it all just really becomes redundant.

Even putting one pistol in a holster under his suit doesn't work well at all. Ultimately, hot toys made the right call not even trying it as you wouldn't see it under the suit and you destroy the trademark Wick slick tailored profile.

If anything, they gave me far too many extra bits and pieces, which although its a good thing to get more "stuff", have only ended up in a box, in a drawer.....which is where any under-suit ammo storage and holsters would have ended up too. An extra white shirt and a slick hair headsculpt would have been much more practical display use than the arsenal they gave him.

I also have mixed feelings on the figure, but more so due to it's extremely limited posing options ( the more dynamic the pose, the worse the suit jacket looks) and the lifeless glazed-over head sculpt.
That being said, I'm grateful that hot toys actually did a John Wick figure,and problems aside, he is a must-have in my collection.

Now, if Hot Toys could just do a new Indy and a Dredd / Anderson (Karl Urban/ Olivia Thirlby), I could die happy

Casual_Collector
You have to be the most finicky, nit-picking, @n@l retentive "casual" collector I've come across and I appreciate you for it. Excellent job. You earned this. :clap

Working now on rooting the hs
For now added some screen accurate beard.
ef4cf4b3fa94f152c3f1a666999e6fc9.jpg

We?ll start rooting now...

These are some shots of the Eleven hs with rooted hair and battle damage.
ce965356005d1d812299109180ffd304.jpg

5bbd5fa1a2e3b050bcf7a2b00c2ecb28.jpg

04a6fc2da383235c60c5159c91514799.jpg

Back