Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. Quick review. Excellent tailoring, excellent paint, great accessories. Personally, I really like the headsculpt. I honestly don't believe the customs I've seen better it. To be fair and objective, it could have used a fuller beard. Also, although I don't mind the hair "down" look, as the suit is so pristine, I would have preferred a clean, slicked-back headsculpt. Also, from a battle damaged point of view, if you're going to have some blood on his face/head, then really some of the hands included should have had bruised/bloodied knuckles as he was in that point of John Wick 2. Also, instead of so many coins, as accessories, I would have really liked a belt for extra magazines, and ammo, or the shotgun shell belt he has in the film as well. Hoping to find useable ones separately to add to the figure. But from shelf distance, it's an excellent figure. Also, posing is challenging, but the suit is really not that restrictive. Just takes time and patience to get the poses you want. Here are some quick shots. Pardon the cell phone cam...
View attachment 462874
View attachment 462875

"John.... you working tonight?" "Afraid so..."
View attachment 462877
View attachment 462878
=CONFIG]462879[/ATTACH]
View attachment 462880
View attachment 462882
View attachment 462883
View attachment 462884
View attachment 462876

That’s some great fresh from the box photos man. Looks fantastic! Can’t wait for mine together here Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The likeness looks really good in those pics, but seeing how faded his beard looks I'll definitely have to darken mine up when I get him. And I agree about the hands being way too clean, so will probably bloody them up a bit as well.

I just received mine, awesome figure, but I have one question, at the collar/neck there is a white thing around his neck, is this supposed to be there? You can also see this on the photos of Sardo Numspa, but on his figure it is almost as low as the suit collar, but mine is a bit more above the collar. It looks like it should be removed but it is not in the manual.

(update) Watched a few YT videos and examined a few highres photos, and just popped of Mr Wicks head, and it was a protective something around his neck, removed it, reattached the head, and no more white stuff poking above his collar :D )

Mine will come in on Wednesday, cant wait! By chance, has anyone one had any luck finding a 1/6 scale motorcycle similar to the one in the JW 3 scenes? I've been searching for a while and cant find one. The closest is a Honda model kit made by Tamiya but it's over $200 and its gotta be painted and assembled which I dont have time for anytime soon[emoji34]. In the meantime I did buy a 1/6 scale Honda CBR repsol which I customized by modifying the headlights, removed the fairings and airbrushed everything all black. We'll see how it turns out with the figure posed on it. I was going to pose him with the Mr. Z 1/6 American Staffordshire terrier but it seems like that's all we'll be seeing when people start receiving their figures and post up photos since that's the easiest and most popular companion piece to display with JW. If the motorcycle doesnt come out the way I want it too I'll probably just get the 1/6 horse to display him on. We'll see...

With all the weapons and posing possibilities I think I'll definitely have to make myself another white shirt version once the head gets parted out. And then mod it with the slicked back hair, since that's just way too cool a look not to have.

Mines arriving tomorrow. This is one of my most looked forward to figures in a long time.
Can’t wait to have him in hand

The likeness looks really good in those pics, but seeing how faded his beard looks I'll definitely have to darken mine up when I get him. And I agree about the hands being way too clean, so will probably bloody them up a bit as well.
Agreed. I think that'll really improve the likeness too. I've never reworked a HT head but have enough painting experience I'm not worried about doing so.

Anyone with PO from China?
The seller informed me that it is still in production and will take a little longer and asked me patience.
Sounds weird, I'm seeing several with status shifting to shipped and many getting.

Anyone with PO from China?
The seller informed me that it is still in production and will take a little longer and asked me patience.
Sounds weird, I'm seeing several with status shifting to shipped and many getting.

I have a PO from China, eBay Lootentoys. Still waiting. It seems SSC has priority over the other wholesaler these days.

And he’s arrived!
4091dd37c67357e6db426676de31fabf.jpg

Got to go out to dinner with the in-laws tonight tho so no chance to properly have a look at him - gutted!!!

I have a PO from China, eBay Lootentoys. Still waiting. It seems SSC has priority over the other wholesaler these days.

I made a purchase from this seller a few years ago but it was not a PO. I made a lot of purchases with an ebay seller (timcent) who always has stock releases but currently their products are priced unrealistically

Good day!!!!

Thanks man.
I used to buy a lot from timcent too, but his prices are ridiculous on most hot toy now.
His Star Wars stuff is the only things that are reasonable.
John wick is fantastic, really blown away by the headscuplt-it looks far better in hand than iv seen in photos& the tailoring is without doubt the best iv seen on a mass produced suit too.
Its really fitted & neat.
Vast amount of accessories too.
Quick few rubbish
8f8b656c5259e932ee7bb763d08f72c7.jpg
431dfee6b96cee6c9fa9e190813d1e90.jpg
cab52808e5771dc3ffd8f4cc166a3061.jpg
straight out the box photos

That last photo is NOT doing him any favors. I know it's the perspective of the camera, but with the protective collar still on, he looks like the T-Rex from Meet the Robinson's. "I have a big head, and little arms!"

Slightly irritating that Howard Chan's answer for Hot Toys never pursuing the James Bond license was that a man in a suit with a gun is too boring a figure. :)

Back