Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit is damn restrictive but I was able to get him into the pose I was looking for more or less.

5620bd32375d27b7865c9115e6a67873.jpg
9939f5299ac2dc905e870abcf4e30272.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much did you all get charged for shipping from sideshow? When I switch to pay him off I'm getting a $26 charge to Texas. That's more than any diecast Iron Man I've ever gotten.

Screw getting these early. This is what I get for going with Sideshow for a standard release, all because of a coupon. Should have just stayed loyal to BBTS.

I'd be very curious to see if those who didn't use a coupon had a cheaper shipping charge. Just the tinfoil hat kicking in.

Yeah they're quoting $24 for my Mk50 when it ships, so that's in line. For a figure that's easily twice as heavy as John? Makes no sense. You know what my Black Panther from BBTS would cost to ship, should I chose to drop him from my pile of loot and match SS's UPS Ground? $12. Over half the cost.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the DISTRIBUTOR of these things in the US, doesn't. Yet they charge to ship like they're packing it impenetrably.

The suit is damn restrictive but I was able to get him into the pose I was looking for more or less.

5620bd32375d27b7865c9115e6a67873.jpg
9939f5299ac2dc905e870abcf4e30272.jpg

Nice display shelf! Is that Indy sculpt custom?

Yeah they're quoting $24 for my Mk50 when it ships, so that's in line. For a figure that's easily twice as heavy as John? Makes no sense. You know what my Black Panther from BBTS would cost to ship, should I chose to drop him from my pile of loot and match SS's UPS Ground? $12. Over half the cost.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the DISTRIBUTOR of these things in the US, doesn't. Yet they charge to ship like they're packing it impenetrably.

Agree with this, I’m based in the u.k.-Scotland & they won’t pack out a figure for me.
It’s shipped all the way from the u.s. or Hong Kong in the standard Brown shipper for $40 & then I have to pay £50 custom fees just for the last kick to the balls

Well I may not have the main figure yet, but I did receive the parted out head yesterday and quickly threw together a custom white shirt version using the old VorToys suit. I also touched up the paint a little, darkening and raising up the beard (which seems to help make the face look a bit longer), darkening and thickening the mustache, and thickening the eyebrows.

The likeness does feel improved to me now, although it still doesn't work from every angle. And yes I know I need to find a body with less cheap looking forearms. :D

20190806_204300 (2).jpg

20190806_211255 (2).jpg

20190806_210609 (2).jpg

20190806_211612 (3).jpg

Outstanding work, DaveJames! The darkening of all the facial hair really brings his likeness out. I like that whole custom you pieced together there.

Well I may not have the main figure yet, but I did receive the parted out head yesterday and quickly threw together a custom white shirt version using the old VorToys suit. I also touched up the paint a little, darkening and raising up the beard (which seems to help make the face look a bit longer), darkening and thickening the mustache, and thickening the eyebrows.

The likeness does feel improved to me now, although it still doesn't work from every angle. And yes I know I need to find a body with less cheap looking forearms. :D

View attachment 463811

View attachment 463812

View attachment 463813

View attachment 463814

Wow that looks great! Where did you get the suit from and are you using the Hot Toys underlying body and just replaced the suit?

He does look awesome in the white shirt. Iv been scouring the internet to find a white shirt as crisp as the hot toys version

He does look awesome in the white shirt. Iv been scouring the internet to find a white shirt as crisp as the hot toys version

I picked this suit up on eBay a couple years ago but can’t remember the name. Best pressed shirt I have.

a41e209bffca3268c8246f5752b4bf7d.jpg

Poptoys suits have very crispy shirts. my old JW had one on him and it's the one I'd port over if I was making a white shirt custom.

Back