Hot Toys Jedi Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it looks nothing like the Proto now!!!!!!

Instant cancel!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early pics from Secret base!!

2c6e55864ff06ca8f08a0bc198d2bb29.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Molecule8's superduper revolutionary cybernetic figure armature, made from unobtainium and buffed to a sheen by exquisite boys? Didn't know Hot Toys were partnering to use it, that makes this figure even more amazing AND proves Molecule8 isn't an enormous ****ing scam! Can't wait to see with the Jedi Luke silicone skin over the top, that headsculpt alone is fire.

Would look better with rooted hair tho. Well worth the 399 this'll cost tho, for HT sharing in all the future armature future shizzle.

Maul Faun, you're looking for a Sideshow Jedi Luke?

I'm looking for a nice Jedi Luke in my collection, I had to sell my Sideshow so right now, my 12" is the Hasbro from '97, I'm inclined to get the new HT version, but it depends on how I feel about the set and the price. If second hand Sideshow makes more sense to me, I may go that route, but I'm not making a decision until we see the HT and all that it comes with.

Well that's the asking price, not sure who's paying that much, I think $150 is about where I'd draw the line, 3 times the original price, granted it's long sold out, but still, it's not $150 quality, but personal value for it is pretty high. That said, if HT comes in $200-$250, comes with everything and more or is that much better in my eyes, I'd lean towards pursuing that one for a slightly higher cost than an outdated, overpriced one.

Only thing that would stop me is my 4 year old nephew. We'll see how the movies hit once he finally sees them. Jedi Luke is a good Christmas present.

I got rid of my Sideshow Jedi Luke in a small bundle about a year ago in my purge of all non-Hot Toys Star Wars figures...it looked ridiculous to me to see Hot Toys Leia on a shelf and an eyesore like Bespin Han one shelf over...not sure if everyone remembers what this Jedi Luke looked like in hand but definitely not worth anywhere near $150 from an aesthetic standpoint...if Hot Toys assigns their Jedi Luke sculpt to an intern I have no doubt it will still be the definitive version.

I got rid of my Sideshow Jedi Luke in a small bundle about a year ago in my purge of all non-Hot Toys Star Wars figures...it looked ridiculous to me to see Hot Toys Leia on a shelf and an eyesore like Bespin Han one shelf over...not sure if everyone remembers what this Jedi Luke looked like in hand but definitely not worth anywhere near $150 from an aesthetic standpoint...if Hot Toys assigns their Jedi Luke sculpt to an intern I have no doubt it will still be the definitive version.

I agree that it's not worth that now but for its time it was a really nice figure. Only thing I didn't like was that the cool Flash Gordon style blaster was kept for the exclusive.

Well, the DX is back with Jack Sparrow -- DX15

And Howard did say there are two DXs coming...

So my bet is that Jedi Luke is DX16!!!

Yea right.... you know DX 16 is gonna Disney's The Beast figure.

Agreed. They seem to like giving the DX treatment to characters already given the DX treatment before. So based on that paradigm, RotJ Luke seems like a good bet.

DX Jedi Luke would also make sense for the fact that he could come with a lot of clothing elements and weaponry if you go all out and include Endor gear as well plus switch out hair or portraits.

If that's what it is, I hope we get a non-DX option as well. I don't need Endor gear, PERS (god fobid) or that pricepoint.

We already had the likeness from a prior Luke figure screwed up due to the googly eyes gimmick. NO MORE, HT! GO FORWARD, NOT BACKWARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back