Hot Toys Jedi Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the DX is back with Jack Sparrow -- DX15

And Howard did say there are two DXs coming...

So my bet is that Jedi Luke is DX16!!!

Yep, and I will have 3 DX Lukes! 3? Well, I counted the DX07 as 2 figures because there are 2 figures and now that I have Yoda, the clean Luke becomes a great alternate Dagobah DX. Does that make any sense?:lol

Just imagine what it would be like reading the last few pages of this thread if you were having trouble getting images to load, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. I glanced at the Sparrow pics on FB and the sculpt looked so good I assumed it had fixed eyes. I don't think PERS looks as good on Luke. I prefer HT's Farmboy eyes to Bespin DX's eyes.

Perfect sense.

Or you could sell one DX07 Luke (with Beiber hair) and put it towards Luke Jedi.

I'll never sell Beiber Luke as it now serves as a BD companion piece to a ESB Vader, plus I have the swappable light up sabre arm from Farmboy Luke to pose him with lit sabre... and, just as the DX07 Dagobah Luke is a companion piece to Yoda, the DX Jedi Luke will make a decent companion piece to my SSC EX ROTJ Vader, which I STILL believe is an under-rated figure, no matter how many mods were made to it and remember, it does include a close enough Shaw IMO to work nicely for me.

Wow. I glanced at the Sparrow pics on FB and the sculpt looked so good I assumed it had fixed eyes. I don't think PERS looks as good on Luke. I prefer HT's Farmboy eyes to Bespin DX's eyes.

PERS is hit or miss. With Jack Sparrow it works out great, I think it worked good with Ledger Joker too, even though it's just movable eyes and not PERS, it works great on Hulk also, but some of the more common looking portraits it's been used with didn't work out so good.

Perfect sense.

Or you could sell one DX07 Luke (with Beiber hair) and put it towards Luke Jedi.

giphy.gif

Just imagine what it would be like reading the last few pages of this thread if you were having trouble getting images to load, lol.

I was reading 3 pages back and I thought I was on the wrong thread.. Hahaha..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

They might lose their mind trying to figure out what all the polar opposite posts were all about. "Whatchu guys talking about!? I wanna see!"

Awesome about Jedi Luke and The Emperor, I am even excited about the Imperial Guard and I imagine the Scout Trooper won't be far behind. The pone I really want is ESB Lando

Instant sellout! (at least i would think depending on how many they make)

Such a popular character!

Why would they make this a DX on a first release? This is the Ledger Joker of Star Wars they could doubtless sell it a number of times, starting with a bare bones slightly disappointing version.

I'm inclined to think the other DX mentioned by Howard for this year will be a Batman release, Ledger Joker 3.0 for TDK's tenth or Batfleck DX.

Seriously doubt it'll be a Batfleck, as the next opportunity for that would be JL and they're probably going to want to have consistent box art for each of the figures from that film. Plus, there's likely going to be several variants of Batman from that film made. DX figures generally tend not to be part of a larger line where there's several other figures from the same line.

I'm inclined to say it will indeed be something SW related, either a RotJ Luke, RotS Anakin or perhaps a RotJ Vader. RotJ Luke seems most likely to me of those three, especially with TLJ coming out at the end of this year.

Why would they make this a DX on a first release? This is the Ledger Joker of Star Wars they could doubtless sell it a number of times, starting with a bare bones slightly disappointing version.

I'm inclined to think the other DX mentioned by Howard for this year will be a Batman release, Ledger Joker 3.0 for TDK's tenth or Batfleck DX.

That could be said of all the DX releases so far

PERS is hit or miss. With Jack Sparrow it works out great, I think it worked good with Ledger Joker too, even though it's just movable eyes and not PERS, it works great on Hulk also, but some of the more common looking portraits it's been used with didn't work out so good.

It works well with Ledger Joker and Sparrow because the black eye make up hides the gap from pers to sculpt, eradicating much of that 'cartoon' eye look that most have which detracts from the likeness.

I like PERS ......wish they did it more as an alternate head...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back