Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't be bothered to discuss, but all I will say. Nothing in life is 100% perfect.

I am however so glad I ordered this back in September.

but for someone who demands accuracy, you sure are lenient about the BB V2 Bats. That one got a few things wrong with it, namely the cape clasp at the wrong place, the cowl neck flap a little too long in the front, and the waist is a little too thin.
hahaha, you were saying?
DSCF1495.JPG

DSCF1493.JPG

the rest of the pictures can be found here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38270&page=175

those mods made it accurate enough for me, and the bulkyness issue you see in it is not as far off as with the IM figure or the TDK batman.
When compared to the takara its a whole lot better, and if you made it more bulk it would look like a hulk.

Tiny torso's and big shoulders is a recurring flaw with Hot Toys' figures. Their predator line is all that way, and they're finally taking steps to address it with the original predator. I have the Dark Knight (new costume), and his head compared to the film is noticeably too small. Legs that are either too skinny or too long is another constant for them. So none of the figures are perfect.

That said, I recall hearing that they cheated the proportions a little on the CGI Iron Man model to give him a slightly more heroic appearance, and elongating or thinning the waste was one of those measures. The figure looks perfect to me, apart from the oversized shoulder pads. Some figures fail to live up to their original promo pics, but the final Iron Man figure IMO goes way beyond what the original images promised.

Any issues people have with the new Iron Man mean nothing to me, I was away with work during the week and when I spotted the in hand pictures I nearly wet myself :D it looks amazing.

Really, really, really, really can't wait! :banana

This figure will definitely be my grail piece. Looks like I'll most likely have him before TDK Bats ever gets to me. I wouldn't have guessed that.

anyone ever thought about how hot toys is going to outdo themselves after the ironman series..............IMHO..........this will be very very very hard to top.

but cant wait to see what they come up with.......

you really think so?????.............dont get me wrong the watchmen is a very cool series but .......more of an engineering feat with all the gizmos than what goes into this line??? :dunno

I fully lit from the inside Dr. Manhattan would be cool, but I agree that Iron Man has just so much going for it that makes it hard to top.

Like said above, though, an Iron Monger with complete removable 12" Obadiah Stane on the inside would be absolutely amazing!

To anyone that has him in hand:

Is the Tony head closer in color to the asian body, or the caucasian body? I ask, because you never can tell- even though James Dean and Heath Ledger are caucasians, the Dean v1 is asian body, and Joker v1 is asian body.

Back