Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about canceling a few of my preorders and get the IM I. Boy am I glad to hear this news.

Oh noes! I gotsa run to ebay and sell off my mark 1 before the price goes down and i loose hundreds of dollars.

Wait a minute! I don't care 'cause I bought it because I love the figure and wanted it in my collection.

Congrats to those who missed out and will finally be able to finish off their collections of Ironman suits.

I can tell you guys right now that it definitely has a presence of its own in the lineup and you will be glad add this figure in your collection.

glad to know i can buy again this suit. i sold off mine a couple months back at a premium price BIB to finance my other hobby =)

now i can get it again with a better sculpt (and suit paint job perhaps).

thanks Hot Toys!

glad to know i can buy again this suit. i sold off mine a couple months back at a premium price BIB to finance my other hobby =)

now i can get it again with a better sculpt (and suit paint job perhaps).

thanks Hot Toys!

:clap
how much did you sold for?

I am thrilled. And even though I do not have the original, I can't wait to see what they'll do to improve it.

And I can not believe all the whining and crying about re-releases. It is absolutely idiotic to think you shouldn't get the first version of something because you'd rather hold out for an improved re-release. Why not skip on the re-release to wait the 3rd version?

Buy or don't buy! Upgrade or just keep your original. But stop throwing out unintelligent statements.

Hot Toys and Sideshow are businesses. They MUST make money or they won't continue. Wheather they care about the hobby or the product they sell doesn't matter. It is ultimately still up to us the spend our money or not.

I too am happy to see it. I saw the original at my LCS ONCE and didn't buy it then and have been kicking my self ever since then.

I do however see how some can be upset at this b/c of either the price they paid (a more valid reason IMO) or the value of their figure going down. if it's the latter, I feel if you only collect for monetary value maybe this isn't the hobby for you.

I'm used to reissues more than some I guess. Though transformers may not cost as much as these, originally, it was a pain when a "new and improved" version came out, but now, I could careless. I know we all collect for our own reason, but I feel that most should collect b/c it's what they want and only hope to sell of b/c of extreme reasons. Most if not all of what I buy I've kept with one or two exceptions. But again, that's how I collect others are definitely entitled to collect how they wish.

I do have a feeling however that this will be just like the OC batman. the price will go down some for awhile, but then it will go back up. There will always be someone new to the hobby hoping to buy old figures and pay the $500 or whatever more ppl buy certain figures for.

1. I am glad they are re-releasing the Mark I with an updated headsculpt and some new features.

2. I understand why some people are upset.

3. I don't think some should be upset and here's why. The VALUE of the original Mark I will not drop below what it retailed for. I promise you that. It will bring some of the ebay prices way down but those are inflated prices. Now if some people were willing to pay that much then so be it. I for one was not going to. Last time I checked there is no Hot Toys price guide checklist like baseball cards. Rare is rare. And the original Mark I is still rare.

Here is a quick question on the Mark I though. Why is it in Iron Man 2? So Tony just reconstructed a new Mark I just because?

i dont think its in iron man 2. beside markI was in the hall of amour

fraction-and-iron-man-get-their-game-on-20090721005010345.jpg

He probably recovered it from the terrorists

I don't buy that....no way he would travel there just to pick up his old armor when he could reconstruct a new one....

I believe Obadia had the Mark 1 in his lab where Monger was being built. Coulson says he expected it to be bigger when they found it. So I would assume Stark grabbed it from there.

I believe Obadia had the Mark 1 in his lab where Monger was being built. Coulson says he expected it to be bigger when they found it. So I would assume Stark grabbed it from there.

:exactly::hi5:

The terrorist collected and rebuilt it. Obidiah took it from them after slaughtering them all. He told his men to load everything up.

I don't remember that.....I'll have to check that out...sounds very logical though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back