Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always noticed that fading occured with my boxed figures when I left the factory silica pack inside. Ever since I have removed the silica pack from all of my boxed Mark suits, I have never ever experienced the fading ever again. Who knows if that's a true contributor to the issue; however, I seem to be noticing positive results from making the change.

I think I'd weep if my Mark IV, V and VI ever faded, even in the slightest ways. I just checked all (3) a few weeks ago and they are still vibrant as on release day. Too bad my faded BD III needs to be replaced.

if you have this at home or its equivalent then you can apply this using a soft brush to your piece to make it bling, it act like a clear glossy coat, its self leveling, i use this for most of my gundam kits to give them a nice gloss finish.
25qO2.jpg

more coat more bling ... :wave

or use those Mr.Hobby/ Mr.Color, bottled paint (10ml)
get no. 46 clear or no. 181 super clear .. both can provide you that gloss you need

goodluck

appreciate the suggestion, i will try and look for this over the weekend, thanks! :wink1:

I've always noticed that fading occured with my boxed figures when I left the factory silica pack inside. Ever since I have removed the silica pack from all of my boxed Mark suits, I have never ever experienced the fading ever again. Who knows if that's a true contributor to the issue; however, I seem to be noticing positive results from making the change.

I think I'd weep if my Mark IV, V and VI ever faded, even in the slightest ways. I just checked all (3) a few weeks ago and they are still vibrant as on release day. Too bad my faded BD III needs to be replaced.

Removing the silica helps? really?.. I thought keeping that inside the box was a good idea...

I don't have any iron man figures (yet) but I'm wondering of something might happen to my figures if I don't take the silica out

Removing the silica helps? really?.. I thought keeping that inside the box was a good idea...

I don't have any iron man figures (yet) but I'm wondering of something might happen to my figures if I don't take the silica out

Trust me, it's not those packets.

I just took my m4 out of it's box after having it in there for a long time. I did open it initially to inspect it & remove the batteries, then put it back.

I noticed that having it in there for so long, has made the paint on the rubber hip armour (I will not call it panties for **** sake :lol) has left a paint stain on both sides of the hip part of the white plastic coffin the figure was laying in.

The armour itself doesn't look to be missing paint there, but the whole top edge of the armour does look a little faded. :slap

Still - not completely noticeable once he's on display. It is disappointing though.. that's some average QC right there.

All that said - I still think this is the best version of the armour, hands down. :rock

I have the IM2 Mark VI for almost 2 yrs now. Most of the time in the box. I have the gel pack but it is with the base, not with the fig itself. I count myself lucky that so far there is no fading. I hope I will not have to face the fading issue on my Mark VI or the pending Mark VII.

Last edited:
I have the IM2 Mark VI for almost 2 yrs now. Most of the time in the box. I have the gel pack but it is with the base, not with the fig itself. I count myself lucky that so far there is no fading. I hope I will not have to face the fading issue on my Mark VI or the pending Mark VII.

My Mark IV has slight fading on the "panties" but my Mark VI has none of it and I had displayed both of them for more than 1.5 years...apparently the fading issue is more prominent on the Mark IV figure. :gah:

my Mark IV recently starting to fade a bit on the underwear. It's not full on pink yet but it's noticeably pinkish. I keep mine in a dust free sunlight free display case too. So annoying.

I have some fading on my Mark VI's undies, it's becoming more pinkish, and my MkIII's torso has faded to a very dull maroon.

There's no way I'm taking mine apart & applying any gloss or paint products to it.

I'd certainly ruin the figure with my non existent skills. :lol

just checked my MISB MK VI: faded
my displayed MK vi still perfectly fine

go figure

here is my take on fixing the pink undies...so amateur, but oh well, much better than looking at a pink panty daily :lol

20130407_104533_zps14cbf56a.jpg

here is my take on fixing the pink undies...so amateur, but oh well, much better than looking at a pink panty daily :lol

20130407_104533_zps14cbf56a.jpg

So you changed the pose to try and hide the pink pantys I bought the spay MR.color S 47 I want to test out the color if it is an actual match.
By the way love the pose this is the best Armor Hot Toys has made waist movement , battle damage parts.

Back