Hot Toys Iron Man 'collARTible' Expo In HK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one Heath Hammond did...

24238_387391667343_58690437343_4370541_2287685_n.jpg

“Castaway” by Heath Hammond, 3D Key Artist of Sideshow Collectibles, US who has been with the company for 10 years and played an active role in the Creative Service 3-D Dept. “A NASA Astronaut (Lt. R Crusoe ) stranded on a lone planet” as the theme, concept motivated by the movie “Robinson Crusoe on Mars”, and NASA EVA space suit developed by Stark Industries

Just WOW!!!!!

The astronaut one is my favorite out of the bunch, and these are some really cool designs on top of the IM armor!

Lots and lots of photos from the expo (thanks to 'terce' from Toy World)

https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24498&extra=page=1

20100423img0178k.jpg

20100423img0226.jpg

What's odd is that among all the cool customs and HT's own IM products, they also displayed Sidehow's 1/2 scale maquette and life size IM bust. I wonder if HT is taking notes on the 1/2 maquette because IMO that piece has the best proportions of any IM product I've ever seen (QA issues aside).
20100423img0202.jpg

Lots and lots of photos from the expo (thanks to 'terce' from Toy World)

https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24498&extra=page=1

20100423img0178k.jpg

20100423img0226.jpg

What's odd is that among all the cool customs and HT's own IM products, they also displayed Sidehow's 1/2 scale maquette and life size IM bust. I wonder if HT is taking notes on the 1/2 maquette because IMO that piece has the best proportions of any IM product I've ever seen (QA issues aside).
20100423img0202.jpg

why would they take notes ?? they are done with the mk3.. sideshow and HT have a really good relationship, sideshow always gives them product for their store and hot toys helped them develope alot of their 1/6 scale stuff.
and its and Iron Man expo, so displaying Sideshow stuff is a given :D

I think the show is meant to be more of an Iron man Expo rather than a Hot Toys expo, it's meant to celebrate (or hype) the 2nd movie release. It just happens so that Hot Toys are the ones throwing the party.

I think the show is meant to be more of an Iron man Expo rather than a Hot Toys expo, it's meant to celebrate (or hype) the 2nd movie release. It just happens so that Hot Toys are the ones throwing the party.

I have a buddy who is working in the IM2 marketing and said it is all to hype up for the next film and bring IM fans out. So your take on it is pretty accurate. :)

Last edited:
Stark Racings' latest creation!

Another custom from team "Sideshow".

Victory.jpg

CustomIMAnthony6515.jpg

CustomIMAnthony6517.jpg

CustomIMAnthony6525.jpg

T-Mex

why would they take notes ?? they are done with the mk3.. sideshow and HT have a really good relationship, sideshow always gives them product for their store and hot toys helped them develope alot of their 1/6 scale stuff.
and its and Iron Man expo, so displaying Sideshow stuff is a given :D

Like Hot Toys is done with the Mark III. They're not done with it, I'd bet on it.

“A NASA Astronaut (Lt. R Crusoe ) stranded on a lone planet” as the theme, concept motivated by the movie “Robinson Crusoe on Mars”, and NASA EVA space suit developed by Stark Industries"

Another Sideshow piece...

Works perfect!

Castaway1.jpg

Castaway3.jpg

T-Mex

Back