Hot Toys Iron Man 'collARTible' Expo In HK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im just curious as to why they chose the original m3 figure for this stealth version ..you would think they would base it on the bdm3 newly developed body ,spose its down 2 development costs ..but still there would be very few of these made right? ..but i am not complaining the original looks better proportionwise 2 me anyway and its nice that its getting a paintjob that actually compliments the figure.

Im just curious as to why they chose the original m3 figure for this stealth version ..you would think they would base it on the bdm3 newly developed body ,spose its down 2 development costs ..but still there would be very few of these made right? ..but i am not complaining the original looks better proportionwise 2 me anyway and its nice that its getting a paintjob that actually compliments the figure.

The BD MK3 wasn't made yet. It was a con/store exclusive and needed to use an existing mold. I refuse to buy it just on the grounds its not a real armor. Its just Hot Toy's Hasbroing.

The BD MK3 wasn't made yet. It was a con/store exclusive and needed to use an existing mold. I refuse to buy it just on the grounds its not a real armor. Its just Hot Toy's Hasbroing.

Ya but i am talking about this stealth version shown in the footage from the expo and not the silly-thing gunmetal version.

No Widow in the newsletter - i'm still hoping HT will give us her preview tonight and then she'll be on display at this expo soon after.

I know. I'd like it to just have all the IM figures.

Ah..it is a nice to have I admit. I am scaling back with all the IM2 stuff coming and the possibility of 10 - 12 (or more) IM related figs.

I'll keep a few from IM and order a few from IM 2 to keep that license in perspective. The real challenge will be holding out until on all the Mark's from IM2 then deciding which one(s) to own.

thats cool and I bet thats your HT SDCC Ex :)

What are the odds they spring an SDCC EX that wasn't already announced? Gunmetal was announced with the others....I'm guessing it'll make the rounds at shows but go "site exclusive" at Sideshow instead of a Con Exclusive if in fact it turns up for order.

Here re a couple images from the Sideshow Collectibles crew.....WOW!!!

LunchBreaksmall.jpg

Here is an image of Jesse Lincoln's awesome piece. It was designed to represent a heavy construction type work suit. Nice!

ToServeAnsProtectNardo3.jpg

Bernardo Esquivel's "Blue Thunder" inspired custom. Awesome!

More pics coming soon

T-Mex

Damn it, they didn't show her at the expo today either.

Good news is we should definately see her (at the expo) or by next Thursday's preview at the latest - since the film opens there next friday... and they promised to show us the 4 before the film opened.

I hope it's rooted so it won't limit head movement.

Plus I like dolly hair... :lol

I just hope she doesn't have a huge bald spot in the back like Silken Floss.

I think sculpted hair sculpted hair, because I dont think they could get rooted to look right. Also, lately their female figures have had sculpted hair. If it was made out of a soft enough material it shouldnt limit poseability much. It would also look wavey and layered or whatever like it does in hunnipots's avarter gif.

Will see anyway. I'm not bothered as long as it looks good. Could be made of of feckin' seaweed for all I care as long as it looked right

Damn it, they didn't show her at the expo today either.

Good news is we should definately see her (at the expo) or by next Thursday's preview at the latest - since the film opens there next friday... and they promised to show us the 4 before the film opened.

Been waiting for any info on her for the whole day yesterday. The build up on her figure is really getting high on my anticipation meter. I hope we get a glimpse over the weekend. But you're right the film is going to open there next week so whats another week of wait. :)

Back