Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first saw SS posted this guy for pre-order, I went on and pre-ordered this right away then I read this thread. I canceled it. Good thing there's no NRD. I don't lose anything. This Starboost armor isn't too bad. I canceled it because I think I have time to think about it for a year. It's not like I hate it but it is just way too many IM armors right now and I feel so so for this armor on my first impression. I have to pick one that I really really like. For this one, I like everything except for this White part, it makes it look like plastic than metal. (look cheap you could say) But the reason I first pre-ordered right away because it looks so good on post-production image.

Actually a nice piece. I mean if Midas which is a straight up repaint commanded $300, I don't feel bad pre ordering this for $260.00.

I don't hate the figure, I think it looks sweet but its just frustrating to see HT put time and effort in something that had a combined 10 seconds screen time when's there's plenty of other characters out there that deserve figures but will never see the light of day

That's 9 seconds more screen time than my Midas :lol

Loving this suit but not sure i should even pre-order it right now. It's so far from nov and i'm not sure if will use my rp or not on this.

Can always pre order and cancel later depending where you order.

When I first saw SS posted this guy for pre-order, I went on and pre-ordered this right away then I read this thread. I canceled it. Good thing there's no NRD. I don't lose anything. This Starboost armor isn't too bad. I canceled it because I think I have time to think about it for a year. It's not like I hate it but it is just way too many IM armors right now and I feel so so for this armor on my first impression. I have to pick one that I really really like. For this one, I like everything except for this White part, it makes it look like plastic than metal. (look cheap you could say) But the reason I first pre-ordered right away because it looks so good on post-production image.

Could've have left it then cancel closer to release.

Actually a nice piece. I mean if Midas which is a straight up repaint commanded $300, I don't feel bad pre ordering this for $260.00.

Exactly. Midas is a gold Mark VII with less accessories and a nice box and stand. And people were chasing it. And don't say because it's limited. Because they can make a figure of the reporter whom Stark sleeps with in Iron Man, make it very limited and wouldn't make me buy it. On the other hand, they can make Mark 40 Shotgun in numerous numbers and I'd buy it.

That's 9 seconds more screen time than my Midas :lol

Was Midas even in the film? Thought it was just a concept that was axed for the final cut?

All suits were in the movie, it was just that they all moved too fast and were shown for only a millisecond (or less), if you rewatch the entire final fight scene frame by frame I'm sure you can spot most of the [concept] suits (i.e. Mark viii-xlii)

Could've have left it then cancel closer to release.

Exactly. Midas is a gold Mark VII with less accessories and a nice box and stand. And people were chasing it. And don't say because it's limited. Because they can make a figure of the reporter whom Stark sleeps with in Iron Man, make it very limited and wouldn't make me buy it. On the other hand, they can make Mark 40 Shotgun in numerous numbers and I'd buy it.

Was Midas even in the film? Thought it was just a concept that was axed for the final cut?

Not if use RP like i want, if i pre-order now with RP i have to damn sure that i dont cancel cuz that would be 50$ in RP lost.
If i wait closer till sep/oct i can take more than a 100$ in RP off the price. Also the finished product could turn out crappy.

I like the design, it's very cool, but too little screen time. :(

This thing could have literally been a drawing on Tony's work bench we saw in peripheral vision and it still would be worth buying. Sure we can ***** and moan about the price all day, but nothings going to change what Hot Toys charges now.

But its gorgeous, and will seriously stand out against the sea of red and gold armors.

Maybe its my love of all things NASA, but I would have bought this over the MIDAS or BD Mark VII if I had to choose. Its that unique and interesting to me.

Looks nice. Ill wait a little before i pre order this. I think this might be my last HT iron Man suit. I am breaking my banks already.

Also, hts is getting a little expensive, didn't realize money inflate so quickly. Wasn't Mark 7 cost around 219 or so and comes with Tony's head?

I hope the booster light up i saw hints of batt pack there and the white color almost identical with the eyes.

and yeah i think its the dynamic stand pilars, oh and i hope this stand can light up too, not like the one in midas T.T:slap

Back