Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint doesn't seem the be the most strongly attached to be honest - Ive had it come away in tiny chips in a couple of areas where two parts have rubbed together. the bum part in particular seems to flake at the edges when I pose the legs. Doesn't really bother me, but I do now take care when I pose it that I avoid making it worse.

Apologies for poor quality pic.

If truth be told, I'm not a big fan of Iron Man (sacralidge to say such a thing in an IM thread!), but there are a few suits that I really like the look of, mainly 'not your regular looking suits', SB & PM being two of them. Both are eye catching in their own way.

My only gripe with SB is inserting the batteries in the back, for the light in his chest. I'm not sure if my fig is slightly defective or not, but I'm having a real hard time taking the 'back armour' off. I've actually conceded defeat and left the batteries out. Seeing as I do not display any of my figs with their lights on, it's not a big deal really.

I also have Igor on display, but have yet to take a pic. He is easily the best fig I own. Such size, presence and weight, he is truly a beast compared to the other suits. Anyone sitting on the fence about purchasing him should hesitate no longer.

image.jpg1_zpsarbzbt3i.jpg

View attachment 176631

Starboost added to the collection

Really nice pics! SB looks great and PM looks good, too. Not to go OT, but I really wanted to order PM (orange is my favorite color) but most pictures I've seen (excluding these) seem to make it look so plasticy and cheap. What is your feeling on it?

Really nice pics! SB looks great and PM looks good, too. Not to go OT, but I really wanted to order PM (orange is my favorite color) but most pictures I've seen (excluding these) seem to make it look so plasticy and cheap. What is your feeling on it?

PM is a perculiar suit in some ways. First of all is the intentional 'off centre' chest, unique 'high rise feet' (can't tell in my pic), and HT leaving the customer to apply their decals (which in my case I did not do). On the more positive side, he's a big dude (bigger than SB), and has a nice paint scheme which in some ways is a welcome depature from the norm. Added to that, he is still freely available to purchase. I can't see this armour rising too much in value (if at all), so you have plenty of time to either see/hold one in order to draw your own conclusions. I would say yes, buy him. It's a unique looking suit with a colour to match.

PM is a perculiar suit in some ways. First of all is the intentional 'off centre' chest, unique 'high rise feet' (can't tell in my pic), and HT leaving the customer to apply their decals (which in my case I did not do). On the more positive side, he's a big dude (bigger than SB), and has a nice paint scheme which in some ways is a welcome depature from the norm. Added to that, he is still freely available to purchase. I can't see this armour rising too much in value (if at all), so you have plenty of time to either see/hold one in order to draw your own conclusions. I would say yes, buy him. It's a unique looking suit with a colour to match.
Thanks for such a thoughtful response. I think I might see if I can pick up this figure with a really good coupon, at some point.

I signed up for sideshow's contest to win starboost. Even though i have starboost at home.

Back