1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how I feel about this one, but I am surprised I like the paint as much as I do. I would jump in on this one quick if not for the use of Mark VII parts in the upper torso, shoulders and upper legs. The Mark VII is such a reused mold. Anyone think this will be a quick sellout while I am pondering whether or not to get it?

Not sure how I feel about this one, but I am surprised I like the paint as much as I do. I would jump in on this one quick if not for the use of Mark VII parts in the upper torso, shoulders and upper legs. The Mark VII is such a reused mold. Anyone think this will be a quick sellout while I am pondering whether or not to get it?

I was impressed with the paintwork too. I don't think it will sell out. Some of the 2015 TF exclusives are still in stock, while it still might, I think it's unlikely

Snagged my preorder. Just a handful left and I can close the book on HPP. :panic:

A few?!?!?!? Lol, 17 left unannounced not including the Mk. VII open Armor version which was said to be part of the HPP line.

Mk. 8
Mk. 10
Mk. 11
Mk. 12
Mk. 13
Mk. 14
Mk. 16 Nightclub
Mk. 18 Casanova
Mk. 19 Tiger
Mk. 23 Shades
Mk. 28 Jack (Maybe soon)
Mk. 29 Fiddler
Mk. 30 Blue Steel (Vanished)
Mk. 31 Piston
Mk. 32 Romeo
Mk. 34 Southpaw
Mk. 37 Hammerhead

I'm probably going to pick this up but being a Denver Broncos fan i might find a 1/6 scale football for him to hold and put him with my bronco's stuff :lol

A few?!?!?!? Lol, 17 left unannounced not including the Mk. VII open Armor version which was said to be part of the HPP line.

Mk. 8
Mk. 10
Mk. 11
Mk. 12
Mk. 13
Mk. 14
Mk. 16 Nightclub
Mk. 18 Casanova
Mk. 19 Tiger
Mk. 23 Shades
Mk. 28 Jack (Maybe soon)
Mk. 29 Fiddler
Mk. 30 Blue Steel (Vanished)
Mk. 31 Piston
Mk. 32 Romeo
Mk. 34 Southpaw
Mk. 37 Hammerhead

Speaking of Jack, Danoby sent this to me today. Best looking fake so far In my opinion.

Mk. 28 Jack-- radiation zone suit:

Heartbreaker/Tank Legs & Helmet--Mk. VII chest, back, shoulder pads & shoulder rockets--Peacemaker arms--Silver Centurion waist & crotch. They've had these parts for YEARS.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 146
It really is, but I'm much more eager for Nightclub's reveal. :lol And Tony even wore that one in the movie, giving it more screen time than most of the other suits. C'mon HT! :slap :lol

True but that's considered a "Main HPP Suit" since we see him fighting in it. Requires a BD IM3 headsculpt and most likely some BD parts, like Mk. 40 Shotgun.

Just two I think, Hammerhead and Nightclub. The rest are repaints or mixtures.

Which is why they will be non toy fair exclusives In my opinion, especially Nightclub since Stark fought in it. But you are right, as soon as those are finished, along with my personal HPP favorite, the Mk. 15 Sneaky, HT will have every part they need to kitbash and or repaint the final 15. (17 suits are left including Nightclub and Hammerhead)

What Motux said. If you only count the ones that have been released (so all the way up to the Mark 45), 25 suits have been made. Add Hulkbuster, Mark 46, Sneaky, and now Disco, and that puts the number at 29. There are 17 suits left to even announce. There's still a long way left to go.

Lol, I was about to try and school you regarding the 17 left but re-read your post and you are right on the money! But hey, let us all not forget the Opened Armor Mk. VII. I'm not certain this qualifies as the HPP since well it was blown to bits and it's really just HT's diorama series. 17 HPP left to announce, Mk. VII open Armor, BD Mk. 46, 1/4 Mk. 46 and Mk. 47 from Homecoming

Really like the sculpt to this but the paint scheme turns me off. At least some people like it!

True but that's considered a "Main HPP Suit" since we see him fighting in it. Requires a BD IM3 headsculpt and most likely some BD parts, like Mk. 40 Shotgun.

I'm expecting a head sculpt and tons of battle damage parts with Nightclub, since Killian ripped piece after piece off that armor. They might even go a step further and give it interchangeable IM/Stark arms, since I recall Nightclub's and Killian's fists colliding at one point, which completely destroyed Nightclub's arm and exposed Tony's arm.

I just wish it had been made and released already (as a regular release of course, since like you said, it's a "main battle" suit). It's one of my favorites. :impatient: :lol

Which is why they will be non toy fair exclusives In my opinion, especially Nightclub since Stark fought in it. But you are right, as soon as those are finished, along with my personal HPP favorite, the Mk. 15 Sneaky, HT will have every part they need to kitbash and or repaint the final 15. (17 suits are left including Nightclub and Hammerhead)

Yep I agree, no way Nightclub or Hammerhead would be exclusives. I bet we'll see at least one of them as a regular release in the next year, hopefully sooner.

Lol, I was about to try and school you regarding the 17 left but re-read your post and you are right on the money! But hey, let us all not forget the Opened Armor Mk. VII. I'm not certain this qualifies as the HPP since well it was blown to bits and it's really just HT's diorama series. 17 HPP left to announce, Mk. VII open Armor, BD Mk. 46, 1/4 Mk. 46 and Mk. 47 from Homecoming

:lol Thanks btw for your list...makes it so much easier to keep up with what's still unannounced/unreleased. :hi5:

Wow. I never do this, but stumbled upon the 4 threads @ the exclusive on HT facebook page and read a few posts on each. People are absolutely nuts! There are nothing but nasty, stupid, senseless comments on there. I'll never do that again. I'd love that 4 minutes of my life back:slap
It's really bad. Can't even read them anymore. I wish HT would disable comments if that's possible.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If you had every hot toys iron man in a display, I don't think this one would stand out to me.

I thought I was safe. My rule for HPP armors was that I was going to only get ones on the front line of the final battle or Tony actually wore ...I've stuck with that so far with Marks 17,33,35 and 39 in my collection but dammit I just happened to notice that Mark 27 is in that group too on the far right.

Vlcsnap-2013-08-25-15h57m15s213.jpg

I thought I was safe. My rule for HPP armors was that I was going to only get ones on the front line of the final battle or Tony actually wore ...I've stuck with that so far with Marks 17,33,35 and 39 in my collection but dammit I just happened to notice that Mark 27 is in that group too on the far right.

View attachment 275358

Just crop the picture, problem solved :lol

I just couldn't resist, so I pulled the trigger on my first exclusive. It's cropped out in the art book ha

d7a289462807f73794411ac847780a99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back