Hot Toys Iron Man 2 War Machine preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
holy crap, preorders are up at my local retailer (XL shop)!

agree that the cheadle likeness isn't 100% but i'm sure they'll finetune it. not that it really matters anyway.

cos war machine looks 7 shades of awesome! :drool :rock

HTWarMachine_1_big.jpg

HTWarMachine_2_big.jpg

HTWarMachine_3_big.jpg

I'm actually disappointed there isn't a stand alone head to make a James Rhodes figure.

Also surprised there aren't any moving flaps on his back but I don't know how the suit operates, is War Machine flight capable in the movie?

Would imagine he would be flight capable... or he gonna have to do a hell of alot of walking or Stark is gonna be giving piggie backs. I suppose he could always catch the bus :dunno

As for the stand alone head, you never know, they may release one of him in air force uniform or some other version of War Machine

Awesome! Just awesome!!!! :rock :rock :rock
Don't really see the Don Cheadle likeness... maybe a bit. I hope HT fixes it, but I probably wouldn't display him with that headsculpt anyway.
I hope I'm able to buy this figure because this looks to be outstanding! :)

Yea on certain angles it does look like him but mostly it looks eh...not so great. We'll see. It's not the final product yet. I know I probably won't display him with his face showing much but I know for what I'm gonna be paying for this piece...I better get the best I can get out of it.

Hell, I'm just happy that it's not a repainted MK2. The design on this baby is totally menacing. A must have no matter what.

Here's all the pictures on one video.
Plus I put the Bust on there too
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/x-a6zxcUbVM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/x-a6zxcUbVM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I will wait for Battle Damaged version :lol just kidding I'm not interesting in any Iron man figure.

Last edited:
Impressive. I agree on the sculpt but as said before, I don't pose with faceplate open. It isn't a deal breaker.

WM appears to scale in terms of appearing a person would be in the suit. Overall well done.

I'm really tired of jizzing in my pants.

Pre-ordered without even blinking.

I'm actually disappointed there isn't a stand alone head to make a James Rhodes figure.

Also surprised there aren't any moving flaps on his back but I don't know how the suit operates, is War Machine flight capable in the movie?

they are saving it for the BD WM figure, with the diorama base. Havent you learn anything from HT this couple of years mate :rolleyes:

The company with no name will do the JR figure, but maybe it'll be DiD.

Pretty sweet, but that Rhodey sculpt needs some work.

It worries me how early this package has come together. I'm entirely positive HT hasn't seen the film. What if there are cool WM-related gadgets or stuff that we don't know about yet? How good is HT's reference material?

Still, good looking figure.

"When everyone is highly anticipating the Iron Man 2 movie, following our teaser announcement, we just can't wait to let you be the first to preview our long-prepared Iron Man 2 collectibles before movie launches! Among the whole series, taking the lead is the popular character War Machine collectible figurine!"

I was thinking the same, but they seem to make a point adding that to the newsletter, "long prepared", as if they are trying to assure us that they have done their homework with the designs of each figure for this line. We'll see as the next ones come up for order. I am very happy how this figure has came out so far. But what is worrying a bit more is, since it seems the got the scale and proportions correct with this one, will the future Marks be up to scale too? If so, then it is gonna look weird standing next to the IM1 figs.

Don't worry, they have access to the source material.

And you have to realize that WM is a bit bulkier than any Mark in the movies.

True, but just want to see if HT will keep the Mark 4, 5 and 6 in scale with the first 3 Marks, or scale it to correct proportions and height, like they seem to do with WM. Any ways, WM kicks a$$ and hope they have this ready by May and no earlier.... got to pick up their T2 line in April first :)

Oh wow a pair of hands with movable fingers AND light up repulsors!?

War Machine is going to be AWESOME :monkey4

Did anyone else notice the Mark IV bust on the Hot Toys site? The paint job looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back