Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah.. damn =/

It doesnt look horrible.. but its noticeable. The price we pay for these.. they should be perfect.

I am sure Hot toy's will send you one..

I've read a couple of stories here and there of other people that have had Hot Toys send them a replacement piece. It takes awhile though, to get it.

Use Tamiya Modelling wax, you can rub those off easily. It is a liquid wax which is used for car modelling for a glossy finish.

Hey, thanks.
Where would I find that and how much does it cost?

tamiya modelling wax? that could be handy to have around. hope to see if it works

I've read a couple of stories here and there of other people that have had Hot Toys send them a replacement piece. It takes awhile though, to get it.

Hey, thanks.
Where would I find that and how much does it cost?

It's not necessary you have to buy the tamiya brand. There's plenty of domestic wax would do the same trick.

https://www.hlj.com/product/TAM87036

Here's the link. Or if you have some local modelling shop you may be able to find it there as well. It comes with a cloth and the wax. Shouldn't cost you more than $10. Just put some on the problem area and rub it with a little force. It should polish it and make it shinny again. Hope this helps.

From the picture it looks like its the clear coat problem, then the wax would probably help. If it is the plastic itself, i would say you would have to seek a replacement head if it bothers you.

Last edited:
You must've missed me saying it previously. I had said that it was MISB, and it was also packaged in the original Hot Toys brown shipping box. So, it really wasn't gohastings' fault. Win some - lose some.
If you didn't say this, I would think that this model was displayed on a shelf. The location of the scuff mark and the circular 'wearing' is certainly suspect of this.

It's as if the figure was on a shelf or display box where the figure's head was touching the shelf or ceiling above.

Use Tamiya Modelling wax, you can rub those off easily. It is a liquid wax which is used for car modelling for a glossy finish.
In the auto-bodyshop industry, this is called a paint transfer.
A decent wax can remove a paint transfer with a fair amount of rubbing.

Now, the scuff mark certainly looks like paint transfer, again, probably from whatever was rubbing the top of it's head (i.e. the shelf above).

But that circular mark looks like it is actually worn down through the plastic. You can see the same whitish-colored paint transfer around the edges, but the very center of the circle is the color of the plastic underneath the paint.

Jedah, if you run your finger lightly across the top of the circular mark, does it feel as if this area has been flattened down compared to the surrounding surfaces?

I got mine after 8 weeks, but if you email them make sure you just do it once and include all of the following.

Sales receipt.
Good clear Picture/s of the damaged or missing part.
Your full Name, Address, Email Address and phone number.

My Mark IV came with a very very loose upper torso, it that something any of you guys have experienced?

Mines tight.

Last edited:
I got mine after 8 weeks, but if you email them make sure you just do it once and include all of the following.

Sales receipt.
Good clear Picture/s of the damaged or missing part.
Your full Name, Address, Email Address and phone number.

I used the enquiry form on the left hand side of this page
https://hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=pages&page_id=contact
with "after sales service" selected as the type of request. I did not include any of that information. I basically only described the issue, and said that I can provide pics.

Damn Photobucket has been having problems apparently, and I can't access my account (although all of my pics in my collection thread seem to working). I had to open a Flickr account to post these. Jeez, they make it a hassle to get the direct link, whereas Photobucket is much easier.
(edit: Pics are now routed through Photobucket)

I didn't feel like doing any solo shots. So, I only took pics of him on display next to War Machine. Also, I've stated that the IV is much cooler than WM, however, they look so completely badass together. Is it Monday yet? I want my Mk VI.
Anyway, enough pointless talk and onto what you wanted to see. Here are a few pics of my newly acquired Iron Man Mark IV:

Mk401.jpg

Mk402.jpg

Mk403.jpg

Mk404.jpg

Mk405.jpg

Mk406.jpg

Mk407.jpg

Great pose there. :cool:

with "after sales service" selected as the type of request. I did not include any of that information. I basically only described the issue, and said that I can provide pics.

Yeah well when they reply after 5-7 days they will want that info and then you might have to wait another week for them to reply again.

When i contacted them i just emailed it all to the hot toys customer support at:

[email protected]

Then i got 2 email replies from them:

Hello,

Thanks for your information and your great support to Hot Toys..

Your case will be passed to our production team and arrange replacement for you.

It may need to take 4-6 weeks and we will let you know once it is ready.

Best regards,
BN/Hot Toys Ltd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Sorry for keep you waiting.

Please note that your replacement has been sent out by a registered airmail.

The tracking number is RB126860203HK

Should you have further question or problem of receiving the parcel, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Best regards
KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

Hello

Sorry for keep you waiting.

Please note that your replacement has been sent out by a registered airmail.

The tracking number is RB126860203HK

Should you have further question or problem of receiving the parcel, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Best regards
KC/ Hot Toys Ltd

Glad to know they're responding in case of factory defects. :)

Good to know you've got the process started.

This is part of the 'gamble' or 'fun' with gohastings, depending on the type of person you are. :D

Mmy Mark IV from GoHastings is out for delivery...

DUN DUN DUN!

If it isnt perfect.. I will be selling this on Ebay. I have the 6 on the way as well..

IT CAME! AND SO DID I WHEN I SAW IT! jk.. lol

It did NOT come in the sideshow shipper box but it is brand new and un-opened! yay gohastings! I have not opened it up (broke the seals) yet. The outer hot toys box that slides off with the artwork is in good condition too.

IMG_20110422_144631.jpg

IMG_20110422_144601.jpg

IMG_20110422_144642.jpg

Back