Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my IV and wow its 1 hell of a fig it blows everything away even Warmachine, it really is a stunning piece.

Crappy pic but im ill atm and it was hard enough getting out of bed just to unpack him.

p10202511.jpg

any chance you can show us a pic of war machine standing on the mark 4 light up base?

The base looks very nice. Is it sculpted or made of several parts? If they're sculpted (one part) I think I'll just recast them for the other armors.

The base looks very nice. Is it sculpted or made of several parts? If they're sculpted (one part) I think I'll just recast them for the other armors.

Several parts but should be easy enough to cast.

Not feeling well Bob? IV looks great BTW.

Yeah got the flu or a really really bad cold either way i was bed bound for 3 days.

Thanks for the info. The stand looks pretty sturdy to hold the figure on air. Does it feel wobbly? And does it scrape the paint off?

Man I cant believe how much these stands are going for. Do you think once these hit stateside, theyll drop in price? I Remember before the T-1000 released all of his parts were going for crazy money, but now are pretty low. Id imagine this would be the case right?

Sure, supply and demand law will do its work but I doubt it will go down significantly. The cheapest way is to recast and paint it yourself or wait for recasts to show up on ebay.

Or part out and sell the rest of the figures without the bases and basically get the bases for free. Buttmunch seemed to have no problem getting people to bite on the bodies and hands for $130 or so. Sell the heads w/neck joints for $30-40 to go with Mark VI or BD Mark III, and you've about broken even right there. If you wait until these come out of stock, you could probably get even more.

One problem with re-casts is that they won't have the light-up feature.

It's got light up feature? Wow, this is some base from Hot Toys. I think we'll be seeing a steep decline in the prices of Mk IV parts in the future then :D

Yeah as mentioned above I am trying to part these out. I pretty much just have heads left so if you are looking for an extra tony head, let me know!

Yeah, I just need one more base since I dont have Mk 1-3, so itd be nice for my War Machine, but well see . . .

will the price on ebay drop below 160 shipped someday ?

because 215 euro is a little too much for my wallet right now.

Worse-case scenario is you have to wait until Iron Man 3 for a reasonably priced War Machine figure from Hot Toys. Best-case scenario, a super-awesome battle-damaged version with interchangeable parts is announced in the next 6 months and drives down the prices of the first release significantly.

The fact that Mark IV and VI are so similar gives it a chance of dropping in price. But somehow, I don't see it happening. If this truly is a "limited" figure, it probably is due to the similarities with the Mark VI. HT may be under-producing it somewhat so that they will easily sell out both releases.

Back