Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prior to me purchasing my first 12" a few months back, NECA figures were the king of the crop for me. Now I can't see myself spending my money on anything other than 1:6 scale.

I am starting to edge towards a 1/6 only mentality but 7 inch figures still provide variety on "cranking them out" that 1/6 seems to avoid (quality first which is appreciated).
Still need my predators and video game character fix and NECA has continued to reply in kind.

Back to the product in mind though. Iron Man .....still cant chose dam it !. I thought that everyone made a great sales pitch for IV but battle damage and "newer" look of VI has kept him in the race.
Despite pre order problems to get IV I still hold hope for both still which is annoying as the longer I leave it the higher chance of losing both pre order opportunity's. :impatient:

I I knew more about VI's articulation range I would happily make an order for him now and just get the shades and must have doughnuts later. :gah:

I am starting to edge towards a 1/6 only mentality but 7 inch figures still provide variety on "cranking them out" that 1/6 seems to avoid (quality first which is appreciated).
Still need my predators and video game character fix and NECA has continued to reply in kind.

Back to the product in mind though. Iron Man .....still cant chose dam it !. I thought that everyone made a great sales pitch for IV but battle damage and "newer" look of VI has kept him in the race.
Despite pre order problems to get IV I still hold hope for both still which is annoying as the longer I leave it the higher chance of losing both pre order opportunity's. :impatient:

I I knew more about VI's articulation range I would happily make an order for him now and just get the shades and must have doughnuts later. :gah:

Look at it this way, if you don't choose soon, the choosing may be done for you (i.e. sold out)

To true. Asking over on the VI boards about its articulation range to help my decision.

To my fellow UK collectors. Does anyone know of a shop with pre orders still for this model ?. Onesixthbruce is OOS.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody on this board know how much they charge for these in Hong Kong? I was in HK when the Mark 3 came out, but the store was so busy with people lined up to buy the figure, and not being able to speak Cantonese or Mandarin, I never inquired. I do have family on my Wife's side over there, and was wondering if it is a better bargain to just buy it there?

I know it's a long shot, but thought I would ask.

To true. Asking over on the VI boards about its articulation range to help my decision.

To my fellow UK collectors. Does anyone know of a shop with pre orders still for this model ?. Onesixthbruce is OOS.

you should get the mark 4 and if you don't like it sell it for the mark 6

I pre-ordered mine from Loontentoys off Ebay, he is brilliant and sells them for a decent price (when first released at least not sure what it is at now).

Check him out :)

you should get the mark 4 and if you don't like it sell it for the mark 6
Thats a good idea. Going buy the demand it should retain most of its price even if opened.

I pre-ordered mine from Loontentoys off Ebay, he is brilliant and sells them for a decent price (when first released at least not sure what it is at now).

Check him out :)
My worry for overseas is the fees. Not been hit by them yet due to people marking the value down as £15 but I would be worried about doing this on a new release.

Edit - I've seen it for £188 @ Forbidden Planet but when I see that OSB had it for £140 I feel its to much. Does anyone have any more viable instock links please ?. Collector in need my friends. My choice is made on the IV now.

Last edited:
With HT figures it will probably not going to sink in price that much if any. It is best to buy it now and gamble on recouping your lost if you do decide to proceed with the Mark 6. The figure might even retain its original value even if opened. You also have the option to keep it unopened and sell as NEW when Mark 6 comes out and decide on purchasing that figure instead.

Buying Mark 4 now since it's going to be released first is the best route to take IMO. If you decide to skip and wait for Mark 6 only to want Mark 4 you will end up spending more money for a new figure or settle for a second hand for the same amount that you could have purchased it from the get go.

My 2 cents.

With HT figures it will probably not going to sink in price that much if any. It is best to buy it now and gamble on recouping your lost if you do decide to proceed with the Mark 6. The figure might even retain its original value even if opened. You also have the option to keep it unopened and sell as NEW when Mark 6 comes out and decide on purchasing that figure instead.

Buying Mark 4 now since it's going to be released first is the best route to take IMO. If you decide to skip and wait for Mark 6 only to want Mark 4 you will end up spending more money for a new figure or settle for a second hand for the same amount that you could have purchased it from the get go.

My 2 cents.
Thats basically my thought on it now. Do my best to get 4 and then wait for better in hand picture of 6 to show movement range. 4 is being marketed looking with the superior movement for now and thats a plus for me.

Why do people assume articulation of the VI would be any less than the IV, apart from possibly the neck since the VI doesn't have a giraffe neck?

The mark 6 will have the same articulationas the mark 4. But I'm sure it adds to the attraction of the mark 4 to say it has more articulation than mark 6. The only way the mark 4 will have more articulation is if the Donut is articulated, too.

Today I saw that Sideshow was processing my order for the Mark IV and I was wondering if that means that the release date is very close. Is this the case? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've never ordered through SS before.

Thanks, Dean.

Today I saw that Sideshow was processing my order for the Mark IV and I was wondering if that means that the release date is very close. Is this the case? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've never ordered through SS before.

Thanks, Dean.

Don't get our hopes up dam you. :pray:

Would be nice to have it before the Christmas delivery's make everything hectic. I am getting my predator in that time frame and hope that problems don't happen and get him damaged or missing.

In England despite it happening every year we just cant get the postage services to work right with the increased volume. Just like when it snows. Happens every year yet the country always stops dead.

Also wanted to post, thanks everyone for the info on importing. I am in talks ATM to get MK 4 from the UK but I am now confident in falling back on importing.
Just need a picture of RDJ's head (is it in helmet or out?) and the doughnut .

Just need a picture of RDJ's head (is it in helmet or out?) and the doughnut .

I think it will be the sculpt outside of the helmet so it can put on the glasses and 'eat' the donuts just like the scene when he is laying on the giant donut. It will probably be outside aswell as the Mk VI has it inside and I don't think Hot Toys is just going to give the same head for both Marks.

I was expecting a outside sculpt but due to lack of info or pictures you don't know.
The doughnut scene is just what I hope to recreate. I plan to rotate (if articulation allows) to alternate between him punching the ground and laying sideways munching him some doughnut.

May go as far as to try to make a scale big doughnut for him to lay in. :)
Might be a hard task but I was thinking that maybe a motorbike tyre may be a good place to start.

Back