Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark IV is the life of the party :rock

MarkIVspread.jpg
Awesome pic & pose dude! :lol

I just got this figure for 280 shipped. I thought it was a good score at that price but I'm a bit bummed that the seller wAsnt honest in his "excellent like new condition" description. I expected a bit of undies fading as seen in pics- but he did not mention the scrapes on the undies from the thigh armor articulation. Has anyone bought that set mentioned in earlier post? Would loved to hear from whoever got one of these

I have bought them but they are currently making a deal with hot toys to avoid lawsuit. So they pulled all sales. Once I hear more I'll let u all know.

I just got this figure for 280 shipped. I thought it was a good score at that price but I'm a bit bummed that the seller wAsnt honest in his "excellent like new condition" description. I expected a bit of undies fading as seen in pics- but he did not mention the scrapes on the undies from the thigh armor articulation. Has anyone bought that set mentioned in earlier post? Would loved to hear from whoever got one of these

You should hit the seller up for a partial refund to cover the cost, or at least half the cost, of a repaint.

Does anyone know how to access the ankle joint on this figure? Mine is getting loose, I wanted to disassemble it and apply some clear nail polish on it to add friction. I was able to unscrew the sole of the foot, but it doesn't seem like I can do much from there...

Yeah, I was stumped on how to remove the batteries in the neck too initially.

I thought it was just a matter of opening up the plate & bingo.. but I found that I had to take the neck post out of the socket & remove the head as well so you can get good leverage & access when opening up the battery plate. I just couldn't / don't see how you can remove the plate without completely separating the neck piece from the head & body. :dunno

In the process - probably because I was a little heavy handed, I scratched some paint off the neck post trying to detach it from the body. :gah:
I just picked up this figure and am having a devil of a time getting into the battery compartment in the neck. Can anyone provide more specific directions on how to do this? I took the head off, but I don't see any way of removing the piece around the neck.

It's truly bizarre how they did this. Why put a fixed piece of plastic over top the battery access door?

Vintij's explanation is pretty much as specific as you're going to get - have you removed the neck post from the body, and the head from the neck post? Once you remove the screw from the compartment cover, you'll have to lever it out either with a flathead mini-screwdriver along one of the edges, or a philips head mini-screwdriver in the screw thread hole.

You can actually pop out the neck from the rest of the figure to get access to the battery cover. That's what I did for mine, it had no problem coming out with the head...

You can actually pop out the neck from the rest of the figure to get access to the battery cover. That's what I did for mine, it had no problem coming out with the head...
I will try that; I didn't know the neck could pop out. Thanks.

OK, I got the cover out and removed the batteries. I didn't think it was possible, but it was even more frustrating getting the cover back in. That is way harder than it needs to be. There were a few moments when I was wishing I could meet the designer so I could rap him over the head with this otherwise beautiful figure. :gah:

They couldn't have done it any other way. The only thing that would have made it easier is looser tolerancing on the compartment cover. At least it's not as bad as the War Machine neck post - those screws were screwed in way too tight, leading to a lot of rounded screw heads.

They couldn't have done it any other way. The only thing that would have made it easier is looser tolerancing on the compartment cover.
I'm pretty new to this and don't want to appear disagreeable, but why couldn't they have built the battery compartment into the outer neck piece...the rubbery one that most inconveniently blocks the battery door on the figure as it is today? It seems to me that would have been made this process much easier and wouldn't have been any less aesthetically pleasing, at least to me.

At least it's not as bad as the War Machine neck post - those screws were screwed in way too tight, leading to a lot of rounded screw heads.
On the plastic one from IM2? Oh great...so I have that to look forward to when I open up that figure. Wonderful! :gah: Seriously, thank you for letting me know about that. Better to know up-front.

I tried popping the neck out of the war machine... ooh was that a bad move.... thing doesn't come out... that one I don't understand... it's impossible to get the cover... you would need 3 hands to do it, you kind of have to turn the neck and force it forward while manipulating the cover...

As cool as these figures are, there are a lot of disincentives to using the LEDs inside of them. Multiple, tiny switches, impossible to access battery doors, concerns over leaky batteries...

I acknowledge that last one is not HT's fault, but the others make me realize I am highly unlikely to invest time in turning on the lights in these figures. Maybe I'm just lazy...

Yup, those switches and compartments are finicky. I tested the lights on mine on opening and immediately removed the batteries to prevent leaking - I've never put them back in. Light up features are an essential part of these figures that are almost never used :lol

The War Machine neck post does come off relatively easily - the trick is to rotate it slightly around its vertical axis and use the body's collar as a lever. I got my local optometrist to remove the screw after I'd nearly rounded it altogether.

So the WM neck does come out? I was flipping out try to remove it and was worried I was going to break the clear plastic...

LOL how did that come up in a conversation with your optometrist, that must have been a funny one lol...

I don't know how the neck piece would come out. Mine was in there so tight it wouldn't budge with as much force as I felt I could safely apply.

Back