Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean at a 'decent price' meaning flipping for a profit?

If you don't need the money..I would just wait. Unlike the old Mk III which has proportional issues and just looks bad, the Mk IV looks almost perfect imo, except for the fading issue. So the improvement of a Die-Cast Mk IV would probably not be as drastic.

Once you got hold of a diecast IM figure, you wouldn't want to go back to plastic imo...the plastic IM figure just looks and feels cheap compared to the diecast. Not to mention, the paint apps on the diecast fig seems shinier for some reason, thereby just making it that much more eye-catching.

Until you held one diecast IM fig in your hands, you wouldn't be able to appreciate the improvements it brings over a plastic version. The patriot armor is especially nice in diecast.

Hi guys. Question and please go easy if this has bend asked already or whatever. I searched and only found this thread. I own MMS123 Mark IV like many of you. I also own Mark III. Do you guys think Hot toys will come out with IV die cast? What's your gut check on that? I have opportunity to sell it at decent price. I just might and would love to pick it up again down the road. As an owner of mark III who paid a huge secondary market price (of my choosing) kinda speculating same thing might happen to our MMS123.

HT will almost certainly do a die-cast Mk IV. But it'll be a good while away, you'll have a stack of time to decide whether you'd want to offload your current version to make way for it. Keep the MK IV is my advice, its price won't be coming down anytime soon.

I prefer plastic. I feel plastic holds paint better and is not as prone to falling. Even so Ill take a DC IM2 WM.

HT will almost certainly do a die-cast Mk IV. But it'll be a good while away.

Yep, since the Mk III is still a year away, that puts a Mk IV, what, maybe 18 months out? That's a long time for a lot of things to go wrong as far as being able to replace your current Mk IV. "A bird in hand.." and all that stuff, ya know.

Hi guys. Question and please go easy if this has bend asked already or whatever. I searched and only found this thread. I own MMS123 Mark IV like many of you. I also own Mark III. Do you guys think Hot toys will come out with IV die cast? What's your gut check on that? I have opportunity to sell it at decent price. I just might and would love to pick it up again down the road. As an owner of mark III who paid a huge secondary market price (of my choosing) kinda speculating same thing might happen to our MMS123.

Like others stated, a Diecast version of the Mk 4 is likely imminent, so you might as well unload it now because it's value peaked already on the secondary market. The longer you wait, the greater the risk you take in an HT DC Mk 4 announcement, and when that hits you'll be lucky to sell it for retail when the rest of the community floods eBay with these.

Like others stated, a Diecast version of the Mk 4 is likely imminent, so you might as well unload it now because it's value peaked already on the secondary market. The longer you wait, the greater the risk you take in an HT DC Mk 4 announcement, and when that hits you'll be lucky to sell it for retail when the rest of the community floods eBay with these.

D'ya think? The thing about the MK IV is that it's a really good armour. The MK III crashed on the aftermarket 'cause it had so many shortcomings in the first place. Retail on the Mk IV was around $180, that's a long way to fall.

D'ya think? The thing about the MK IV is that it's a really good armour. The MK III crashed on the aftermarket 'cause it had so many shortcomings in the first place. Retail on the Mk IV was around $180, that's a long way to fall.

Mk 3 still held it's value despite it's shortcomings though, regularly netting over $400 for both versions. It's still fetching $300+ last i checked and that's with DC Mk 3 confirmed. I agree the Mk 4 is excellent, my favorite of the 1-7. You're right though, it will never go below $180 lol. I'm curious how many collectors got him at that price.

I prefer plastic. I feel plastic holds paint better and is not as prone to falling. Even so Ill take a DC IM2 WM.

Not sure abt the durability of paint apps with DC vs plastic, but I presume DC's paint apps should be just as good if not better.

If you were to get a DC fig though, HT's recommendation is probably to use the stand provided (they even go as far as telling us not to use other stands for the diecast IM fig). Although the figure can stand well on its own, that stand itself weighs a ton and balances the DC fig weight well.

Mk 3 still held it's value despite it's shortcomings though, regularly netting over $400 for both versions. It's still fetching $300+ last i checked and that's with DC Mk 3 confirmed. I agree the Mk 4 is excellent, my favorite of the 1-7. You're right though, it will never go below $180 lol. I'm curious how many collectors got him at that price.

:wave :yess:

MK III still getting that much, even now? The completists are keeping the market buoyant :lol

Finally got my very first HT back in the collection. :yess: This fig will be hard to top.

10637656_10153035245688362_2082324727_n.jpg

10622183_10153035245673362_702803294_n.jpg

10634346_10153035245683362_448233762_n.jpg

10621927_10153035245678362_121755480_n.jpg

Back