Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the WM neck does come out? I was flipping out try to remove it and was worried I was going to break the clear plastic...

LOL how did that come up in a conversation with your optometrist, that must have been a funny one lol...

I don't know how the neck piece would come out. Mine was in there so tight it wouldn't budge with as much force as I felt I could safely apply.

Yeh, it feels like you're going to break something when you try to pull the neck post straight out. Do try rotating and levering the neck post against the collar, it's much easier. The optometrist was great. He wasn't busy and seemed to enjoy the idea of using his screw drivers on a tricky screw. I just took the neck post in, I wasn't wandering around clutching the whole thing :lol

Yeh, it feels like you're going to break something when you try to pull the neck post straight out. Do try rotating and levering the neck post against the collar, it's much easier. The optometrist was great. He wasn't busy and seemed to enjoy the idea of using his screw drivers on a tricky screw. I just took the neck post in, I wasn't wandering around clutching the whole thing :lol
LOL - Funny!

Just opened my Mark IV box and found a surprise...

IMG_2994.JPG

glad I always take the batteries out!

Months ago I was trying to decide between the Mark VII and the Mark IV. Between the Pink Panty Danger and aftermarket prices I went with the VII...while I was initially happy with it the proportions (particularly the arms) started to bug me and I sold it off and broke even.

I waited for the Mark III Diecast but was disappointed in the final execution (looks beautiful but I don't like the engineering) and passed.

Probably because of the Mark III Diecast or due to luck, I snagged a Mark IV at a decent price.

Wow. I will never need another Iron Man. I love it. The proportions are good, the angular design, the clean lines...and it has just enough articulation for a good, subtle pose on the shelf.

No pink panties! But I'm prepared, having done my research and armed with some clear red and my airbrush.

I think eventually HT will produce a Mark IV Diecast but unless there are very significant improvements and the engineering is much, much better and more versatile than the Mark III Diecast...I'm good.

I hear AC/DC every time I look at it. :rock

I had a LCS owner offer me $280 for mine by I don't think I can part with it

what are these going for on average anyway?

I had a LCS owner offer me $280 for mine by I don't think I can part with it [...]

I don't blame you. It's a stunning armour and I really believe Hot Toys has made some dodgy design and engineering choices with some of their Iron Man armours for whatever reason...unless they could actually top this release in every way, I can't see why anyone would let it go unless the design itself wasn't to your personal taste.

it's definitely my favorite aesthetically

it has the most iconic "iron man" look to it, the designs of all the ones since have gotten way too "busy" if you know what I mean

the mark 45 is pretty bad ass though, probably my second favorite

it's definitely my favorite aesthetically

it has the most iconic "iron man" look to it, the designs of all the ones since have gotten way too "busy" if you know what I mean

the mark 45 is pretty bad ass though, probably my second favorite

Agreed. The first film is my favourite, but Mark IV is my favourite armour. Like the III it's a very clean look without what I feel is needless embellishment. Some of the subsequent armours remind me of ... I guess it would be late '90s, early '00s design where layers of greeblies and detail for detail's sake would cover anything sci-fi/technological looking to the point where nothing made sense. It's a trend that continues to the present day and it doesn't impress me.

But I can't blame Hot Toys for the design itself. Where I take issue with some of their choices is the way they chose to depict proportions, use of soft rubber, articulation schemes etc.

If I turn a critical eye on the Mark IV it is slightly underscaled for a man Tony's size (even taking into account what we saw on screen was CG), but I can give it a pass since the overall proportions hang together. The arms in particular on the VII broke the illusion for me.

Very glad to have picked up a good example of this without getting raped on the price, which is why I passed months ago.

Apologies for necroposting; but does anyone know if it's possible to remove the top section of the legs? I'm talking about the bit above the thigh swivel with the socket for the ball hips.

It will come apart..but I wouldn't do it. It's not designed to be taken apart after its assembled (the leg is actually like 9 pieces). But there's glue and clips and u risk doing a fair bit of damage if you've never done it. Why do you want to take it apart?

It's your figure. Go wild if you want. Lol it's not a easy process though. Maybe pick up a spare leg on eBay to play with. Any of the early figures have the same basic method of construction (obviously each Mk is different, but the way it's done is the same)

Anyone happen to have a chest plate they could part with? Sale or trade. Mine got damaged.

Back