Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I regret canceling my order for this now.
This was the very first ordered I cancelled when I told myself I need to start limiting my collection to just must haves.
Now that I'm dedicating a shelf for the avengers, now I'm gonna end up spending way more.
I dont know, maybe I'll wait to see if I can luck out and get a good deal somewhere. Or hopefully HT announces an Avenger version.
This is what sucks when you take a pass on HT. When you finally decide to get it, you end up paying almost or more than double for it.

I'd wait, there's a strong chance that they'll make an Avengers version.

But then if there isn't, the demand for this version will increase and so will its price most likely. I'd rather be safe than sorry myself.

Besides, from that Avengers poster, from what I saw Black Widow didn't look very different, if at all.

With all the figures coming next year, I doubt there will be room for a new Black Widow figure. Specially if it has the same look in The Avengers movie.

They might make a BW figure if they pick up the Avengers license, but I would imagine she wouldn't be among the first few figures made. In addition, I'm concerned that by the time those figures come out, Hot Toys MSRP will be noticeably higher than it is now.

With all the figures coming next year, I doubt there will be room for a new Black Widow figure. Specially if it has the same look in The Avengers movie.

Exactly why I think those who are still on the fence should bite on Thor before it's too late. Based on the Avengers promo poster, it doesn't look like either of these characters has much in the way of a wardrobe evolution.

You know HT's priorities will lay with the new Iron Man (they're probably chomping at the bit to get a new Mark out there) and Cap's new threads. Not to mention Hawkeye...

I think we'll see an Avengers Black Widow for sure. Never Under estimate the power of profit.

Exactly. Her costume is different enough for them to warrant tweaking an existing headsculpt up just a bit and maybe adding sculpted hair to release her with. Plus, she'd come with a nifty 'The Avengers' stand instead of Iron Man 2... (probably reason enough for HT) :lol

I hope for BW in the Avengers they will go with sculpted hair.
Me, too. I never seriously considered this figure because I can't deal with the rooted hair, but I would be glad to have one in my Marvel display with sculpted hair.

Unfortunately, I don't know if the suits are different enough to warrant it (based on that early poster released), and preliminary sales weren't all that great for this figure. I remember seeing it in stock at various places for awhile. So that may scare HT off from releasing another one.

Yeah, I thought I would buy one after seeing it at Comic-Con last year but I just can't get past the rooted hair.

Its a long shot to get a second one I agree. Hopefully, they will think if they do one with sculpted hair it will sell better.

Mine arrived last friday. Awesome.
Just dont know how to do with the hair yet.
5898932683_7d7a397e26_z.jpg

I wish I had started collecting sooner. Rooted hair or not, I still like the way she looks. I just can't justify $200 or more for her. I would love a chance to get an Avengers one.

:wink1:

Hi peeps, WOW thanks for all the compliments on the those pics I took of the 3/6 avengers. Cant wait to have CA in my hands. Im not going nuts over having the different versions of the figures if HT makes them in "Avengers" getup. If anything I'll simply buy the costumes or head sculpts on ebay as they come out (no biggie).

As far a the posing goes... what typically helps me nail a cool pose is creating an action story in my head. "Ultron just landed in times square; AVENGERS assemble !!!" .... Ive been a marvel fan for a looooooong time so I know the characters very well, that also helps.

That being said, I have always pictured BW with heavy machine guns or sniper riffles. For now I have her posed with the Barney Ross machine gun until I get this puppy. See the image below.

zy-toys-1-6-8014-m82a1m-black-barrett-sniper-rifle-fb42c.jpg

Again thats for the compliments! Will share some more photos soon !

TM79

Widow arrive today :yess:

I purchased from ebay seller claiming mint / unopened etc. A question for those who purchased directly at retail. How did the hair feel? Mine feels stiff, brittle almost like product is in the hair.

Back