Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2641.jpg

A classis display. Nicely done.... :clap

Man...those are great poses! You make me tempted to buy her now!!

Indeed some great pics. I just bought her from evilbay for less than $190 shipped. A bit higher than it should have been if I kept my retail order but I consider it a win seeing the prices she goes for today. I was waiting (hoping) for an Avengers version but this came along. I hope to have it by the 7th or 8th of July.....

Indeed some great pics. I just bought her from evilbay for less than $190 shipped. A bit higher than it should have been if I kept my retail order but I consider it a win seeing the prices she goes for today. I was waiting (hoping) for an Avengers version but this came along. I hope to have it by the 7th or 8th of July.....

Yeah just looking at the prices on ebay, more than I want to spend. I think Ill hold out and hope for an Avengers version, unless I find her for cheap (not likely it looks like lol).

Pfft, hair is the best part about this fig.

IMG_3259.jpg

But I don't think many figures are worth $250... let alone crazy DX02 prices of $500+.

depends on where you live. Living in Georgia, mine looks less like scarjo, and more like Carrot top. She's got a widow fro.
REALLY hoping the avengers Version has sculpted hair.

I like the rooted hair. It's humid over here, but she looks fine to me.

95-100 degrees with 90% humidity. YAY.

someone on another forum suggested i get some japanese saran hair and re-do her hair. apparently it's not as prone to frizzing.

I think i';ll just deal with widow-top and HOPE HT does a sculpted hair version for avengers.

Having seen the pictures of Thor, Iron Man and Black Widow together, I'm becoming very tempted to get myself a Black Widow and re-create that display. However, is this a good figure to have even if you don't have many from the Iron Man series (I only have Mark III Non-BD), or is it more suited for those who are specific Iron Man collectors?

Also, I just realised. With the Scarlett Johannson, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman sculpts...someone could easily make a pretty decent set of 'The Prestige' custom figs.

Having seen the pictures of Thor, Iron Man and Black Widow together, I'm becoming very tempted to get myself a Black Widow and re-create that display. However, is this a good figure to have even if you don't have many from the Iron Man series (I only have Mark III Non-BD), or is it more suited for those who are specific Iron Man collectors?

Also, I just realised. With the Scarlett Johannson, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman sculpts...someone could easily make a pretty decent set of 'The Prestige' custom figs.

I have Mark I and Mark VI, I just purchased BW. IMO Widow is a stand alone figure rounding out the Marvel collection not just IM collection. :dunno

I'm guessing that anyone who pulled the trigger on BW is very happy with it. I don't recall hearing many complaints other than the suit she wears limiting the pose ability of the figure, but you can see some creative poses that have been done in this thread. I passed on her personally, if she goes for under 150 shipped I might reconsider.

I might just save up for a Black Widow then. Personally I don't want to have a massive collection, just the things I enjoy so I wouldn't want to start buying more IM characters just so the figure doesn't look odd amongst who I have. Very happy to hear that it looks good as a stand alone figure.

Thanks guys :duff

I don't see this fig going for less than $200 anymore. The demand among femme fig collectors and dealers who see profit in parting her out for head and body is too strong. The time for $150 or less has passed.

Damn, I regret canceling my order for this now.
This was the very first ordered I cancelled when I told myself I need to start limiting my collection to just must haves.
Now that I'm dedicating a shelf for the avengers, now I'm gonna end up spending way more.
I dont know, maybe I'll wait to see if I can luck out and get a good deal somewhere. Or hopefully HT announces an Avenger version.
This is what sucks when you take a pass on HT. When you finally decide to get it, you end up paying almost or more than double for it.

There is a BW head currently on Ebay up to $120.00...can you believe that???
This is now a $250 PLUS figure...wow.

Damn, wish I'd have realised I wanted one of these earlier. Oh well, she's next on the list for me. So long as I can find her for around £150 or under I'd be happy.

Back