Hot Toys - Inglourious Basterds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a longshot that they have Pitt's likeness rights...they might have pulled a coup like Rodriguez did with Bruce Willis for Sin City whereas he asked Willis as a favor to do it...the fact is the line won't be half as successful without his likeness.

Looks like DML is making one as well... looks a bit cheap. Be cool if DiD took a crack at this... as I think they'd push the likeness further and you'd get a better end product.

70744_2.jpg

It make sense. It blurs the lines of Movie Masterpeice & Military figures.
So the Military guys will be happy again, seeing how they almost
stopped making Military figures all together. Hopefully Brad will
let Hot Toys do him justice instead of a generic Brad head.
Time will tell...

A brad pitt figure from this film would be bad @ss!

I think they wont have the pitt likeness rights and will make a character that looks like him...à la Edward Scissorhand.
Well in my opinion, the only reason to get this license is to have a Brad Pitt figure. This isn't a film with super heroes, monsters, or aliens (I don't think! Haven't seen it yet), so the characters won't sell based on that. If it is a guy with Pitt's outfit but a generic head, and a bunch of much less recognizable actors are released with him (even if their likenesses are spot on), then I can't see these selling at all. But people would buy a nice Brad Pitt figure, and might buy other characters to pose with him (just like people bought the crappy Billy just to pose with Dutch and Pred, but probably wouldn't have bought him without a Dutch first).

Edward Scissorhands has an iconic and "sellable" enough design, that Depp's likeness wasn't a make-or-break issue. But I doubt seriously that many people here would buy the main character from Inglorious Basterds without a Pitt likeness. It isn't like he has a great, complex suit or awesome weapons that you couldn't find elsewhere.

If Pitt is tight with his likeness it's possible this is an "Asia-only" release too. A lot of actors will allow that.

I almost bought that DML figure, but the likeness wasn't good enough. Glad I didn't now.

as pumped as i am for the movie, i can't say that i feel the same way about toys from the movie...

Hopefully this works out and has the Pitt likeness. And if it does, ten to one it will have Aldoe's trade mark expression and hair making the Pitt head hard to use for anything other than the Basterd.

Hopefully this works out and has the Pitt likeness. And if it does, ten to one it will have Aldoe's trade mark expression and hair making the Pitt head hard to use for anything other than the Basterd.

Which is good with me... the character seems to ooze personality. Just fingers crossed the movie kicks as much ass as I'm hoping it will :rock

An off-topic question for those of you who have seen it. I remember years ago when QT was discussing writing this film. He said it would be a WWII spaghetti western, but I don't get that impression at all from the commercials and spoiler-free reviews I've seen. Did this movie have that vibe at all?

YRES!!! boyaa kashe!!
I mean
AWESOME
I feel like a little girl that just found out Robbie Williams is making a new album, this is how awesome this announcement is!
After Se7en finally a new Brad Pitt.

Brad Pitt's Aldo Raine would be the only figure I'd buy. Absolutely no interest in the others.

Awesome news!! :rock :rock :rock

Hopefully this will lead to figures from Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back