Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does not bother me at all. I was never intrested in the Jackhammer arm, I am happy with the one i have and if they make more i'll look forward to seeing pictures when folks get it in hand.

So how do people feel about this, considering they had to wait so long for the released version and are barely getting it now. I feel for you guys having to shell out the money for the current version, only for HT to turn around and release another version :slap

Does anyone know if the Jackhammer arm is replaceable ? I.e does this new version come with standard and jackhammer left arms ?

Does anyone know if the Jackhammer arm is replaceable ? I.e does this new version come with standard and jackhammer left arms ?

Nope, no idea. Though it does not have the regular arm in the display

Someone on facebook pointed out (with pics) that this has been displayed at various shows since 2015. Maybe it's just a display piece?

So how do people feel about this, considering they had to wait so long for the released version and are barely getting it now. I feel for you guys having to shell out the money for the current version, only for HT to turn around and release another version :slap

Doesn't bother me a bit. IF this gets released, the positives are, people who want a HB and can't pay double retail, now have another chance. Those who have HB, can choose to get this also. The only negatives are self imposed, ego related. IMO.

Personally I think this one of those display only items and won't be released. Just my opinion.

This figure ( or its twin ) was displayed a few times over the last few years. This is from 2015.

hbjh.jpg

Does not bother me at all. I was never intrested in the Jackhammer arm, I am happy with the one i have and if they make more i'll look forward to seeing pictures when folks get it in hand.

I guess for the price, most will have to take your approach considering if this does exist we could be looking at another $200 tacked on making the JH version a ridiculous amount up to $700-$800 possibly

Doesn't bother me a bit. IF this gets released, the positives are, people who want a HB and can't pay double retail, now have another chance. Those who have HB, can choose to get this also. The only negatives are self imposed, ego related. IMO.

This figure ( or its twin ) was displayed a few times over the last few years. This is from 2015.

View attachment 418642

We’ll see if people’s theories are correct through the upcoming days if SSC puts it up for preorder. If this is a display from an old concept , then why label it JH version.

HT will not change a thing on this piece; articulation-wise or inside mechanism. Why should they? The existing design is there and easily produced now. The only change is that Jackhammer arm and I am not even sure if they will include the original arm. I am also certain that they will increase the price on this piece; probably in the $995.00 range in the U.S.
This was supposed to be my last Ironman HT figure but my order got cancelled by the store I ordered from. I did regret not pursuing the figure again when they announced the added structural changes at the same price but I am now having a hard time justifying the purchase of such a costly figure. I just pre-ordered a 28 inch transforming Optimus Prime for $340.00 and I thought that was a really good price range.

For this figure, if we were getting the HK price, it would be great. I just cannot stomach Sideshow's almost 30% addition to the HK price. I'll just have to wait and think on this some more.

Re: Hot Toys - Infinity War - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer)

That’s not kool ... shoulda been with the original

If they re-engineered the figure to have full articulation instead of pointlessly accommodating a full Mk42 inside, I'd forgive them.

Otherwise, F them if this is a re-release.

I don't think the arm in the original HB is removable so I wouldn't hope for them selling just the arm as an upgrade.

There is no way they release this one and its no less than $1200. I paid about $725 for my 1.0

They would have to include a swap out arm feature and improve articulation for me to get this one.

too bad for me. i was going to sell mine to save somme space. will probably have a harder time now.

Hot Toys finally listened to what I said a year ago. The limited articulation due to the stupid idea of being able to insert an entire other figure which you cannot even see...just it's head--was the most asinine idea they ever had. Not only did we have to wait 2 years for that design to come out but we never got the jackhammer arm and Veronica.
So, now we have it.
Well, at least this new HB is not going to take 2 years to ship.

Congratulations on your personal relationship with Hot Toys. You've got their ear!

So if it took them a years to release the first one how soon can they make the second one

It's more how long will it take for them to put it up for PO (if they make it and it's not just a marvel 10 year display piece) or is it going to be another figure stuck in the very long SSC list of "coming soon" for years.

So if it took them a years to release the first one how soon can they make the second one

The long delay on the first one was them figureing out how to make it. Then after doing the design and engineering figuring out it needed to be redone with beefier joints. None of that is an issue this time.

Back