Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much how I feel. I’m trying to be less of a ****, but I’m with you in spirit man. Lol

Love the entitlement of "should have given us that arm because we had to wait"... First they required a small deposit, then when they announced the delay they offered refunds and held the price, which if you know anything about money/production would have hit them pretty hard, then they add in the feature of placing a figure in the thing (useless and hampers articulation, a now chief complaint by everyone). Then its released and really good, the price almost instantly doubles and you bitches whine that theyre running the production again to make some money on their invesent... :lol

Hahaha, this made me chuckle. :lol

Good rant...although to be fair, I do understand both side's argument. In the end no one wins...except HT.

Hahaha, this made me chuckle. :lol

Good rant...although to be fair, I do understand both side's argument. In the end no one wins...except HT.

been on a breaking bad kick :cool:

and to your edit, yeah an option for v1 owners would be ideal, but then the v2 owners would want a regular arm too, HT needs to create incentive while maintaining the appeal of the V1, it a double edged sword, and im more specifically peeved by people feeling HT's owes them cause it was delayed a year+, if they took that $850 (Which they didnt have to put up in the first place) and invested it they may have made 6-20% on that money depending on all kinds of factors, they get billed when it ships and by the time they received it its worth 2x or more what they paid, investors dream of that kind of turn around.

Hot toys did buyers a huge favor, and those buyers are now complaining cause they wanted more for nothing. Had HT's included the arm and asked more it would have been a huge issue for people, lets be real

Last edited:
A re-release a year after the first one shipped is really a bit smarmy on HT's part. No doubt they did the R&D to add the jackhammer arm before the first one shipped. But instead of adding it as a bonus for the long wait, they hold it back knowing the second release was imminent. Provided there would be a relatively simple way to swap out the arm without damaging the figure, HT should at least offer it separately as an accessory. How hard would it be to increase the run. I'm sure this will be at least $100 more, if not $150. However they might just do a bust instead of a full second figure this time and keep the price the same. I don't mind a re-release for those who missed out on the first time (I almost did), but there should have been at least another year in between, and it really should not be a better package for the same price.

I would not lose any sleep over this. I am still waiting for stuff they showed in 2017 and some stuff in 2016 to go up for PO. Iron Man and Star Wars stuff that you would think they would have put up before Belle. None of this means anything but something shiny to look at until it actual goes up for PO.

I'm definitely not losing any sleep. I have two 1.0s, one of which I'll eventually have modded into a Warbuster. I just think the engineering was likely done on this before the original figures were shipped. Now it certainly may have come too late in the process to have included, or maybe it was too expensive to add (and going back to folks who preordered and asking if they want the arm for $XYZ upcharge would be a logistical nightmare), who knows. My only point is if HT is going to re-release so soon after the other figure, it would behoove them to at least offer the jackhammer arm as a separate accessory. That way original buyers have the option of picking it up. And HT may very well do that, provided it's possible to add it to the original figure. Personally, I would be perfectly fine buying the accessory arm even if it can't be easily attached because I would just display it beside the figure. It may cost $29, $49, whatever, it would just be nice to have the choice.

That said, sure it's possible it won't be put up for order. I remember a couple of months after the BTTF DeLorean shipped HT showed a BTTF2 prototype. So buyers were like "WTF?!" because given the choice a lot of buyers, myself included, would have gotten the second version, or would have preferred a solution that would have allowed multiple display options (I, II and maybe even III). However, the BTTF2 DeLorean was never solicited, and I think it was only displayed at one or two events. So wait and see.

Anyway, there's always something new.

Love to see reactions if they sell this at something like $600.
So much the better. I prefer to see figures get less expensive rather than more expensive. And if I did decide I could not live without the arm (not the case), $600 would be a lot easier to justify. Unfortunately, if it's a comparable package (HB 1.1 with full figure and jackhammer arm) I would amazed if it even they held to the original price. Prices have continued to creep up, plus HT sees what they are going for in a secondary. $1,200 is considered a bargain.

Last edited:
I still don't see the business case for re-releasing an entire figure for one attachment. Especially the biggest and most complex one they've done.

1) I'll be shocked if this is the same price as the original

2) Still be shocked if owners of 1.0 can't buy the jackhammer arm separately.

It's a case of diminishing returns if you figure how many originally wanted, could afford and had space for this. Those people already have the 1st and very few would buy a second (or 3rd) one. The ones that could not afford or missed the 1st most likely have already PO the IW version.

That leaves the small number that somehow (it was up for PO for 2 years) missed the 1st and can afford it. I doubt that is enough people to make it worth the trouble to make more as this has been out less than a year.

I could see some kind of rerelease in 5 years when you have a large number of new collectors who missed and want this.

Just my opinion i have no facts and this could go up for PO later tonight.

Business wise it offsets the tooling cost. Tooling is the most expensive production part of most these figures. Especially iron man ones. (Tooling is the term used to describe the mold itself and the casing used to attach the mold to the machinery and any inserts used inside the mold. Those inserts are how they can have a piece that looks identical on the outside but have different internals to accommodate unique wiring on a new figure or pins to line up in different places like mk3 diecast and the construction mk3 and so on, or have small changes to external features and the same internals..like masters of the universe figures)

So if they can reissue a piece reusing tooling it spreads that cost out further. Even if they only sell 50% of the original run it’s a win business wise because the tooling has already been paid for with the previous release. Reused tooling is the life blood of any retail mass market line. From Gi Joe to transformers to masters.

But what if the tooling was not paid for from the previous release due to the redesign and people cancelling orders?

It's a case of diminishing returns if you figure how many originally wanted, could afford and had space for this. Those people already have the 1st and very few would buy a second (or 3rd) one. The ones that could not afford or missed the 1st most likely have already PO the IW version.

That leaves the small number that somehow (it was up for PO for 2 years) missed the 1st and can afford it. I doubt that is enough people to make it worth the trouble to make more as this has been out less than a year.

I could see some kind of rerelease in 5 years when you have a large number of new collectors who missed and want this.

Just my opinion i have no facts and this could go up for PO later tonight.

Looking at ebay prices realized tells a different story. There are a LOT of people out there that would want this. If they check forums or 1/6 boards at all, they realize that this is the most talked about figure shown yet from this SDCC. As far as hard numbers go, it's always a crap shoot, but they have almost no preproduction costs here.

Hot Toys finally listened to what I said a year ago. The limited articulation due to the stupid idea of being able to insert an entire other figure which you cannot even see...just it's head--was the most asinine idea they ever had. Not only did we have to wait 2 years for that design to come out but we never got the jackhammer arm and Veronica.
So, now we have it.
Well, at least this new HB is not going to take 2 years to ship.

Business wise it offsets the tooling cost. Tooling is the most expensive production part of most these figures. Especially iron man ones. (Tooling is the term used to describe the mold itself and the casing used to attach the mold to the machinery and any inserts used inside the mold. Those inserts are how they can have a piece that looks identical on the outside but have different internals to accommodate unique wiring on a new figure or pins to line up in different places like mk3 diecast and the construction mk3 and so on, or have small changes to external features and the same internals..like masters of the universe figures)

So if they can reissue a piece reusing tooling it spreads that cost out further. Even if they only sell 50% of the original run it’s a win business wise because the tooling has already been paid for with the previous release. Reused tooling is the life blood of any retail mass market line. From Gi Joe to transformers to masters.
Well said. Capitalism at it's finest. I.e...You got to pimp that ho til she can't ho no mo.

I wonder how many people would jump on it if it turned out that it was based on the original design that had no space for a figure inside, but better articulation?

Even though we know price on this will be close to the original or more, if what you say comes to fruition I would seriously consider it. I hated the figure inside gimmick and always liked the look for the jackhammer arm.

But what if the tooling was not paid for from the previous release due to the redesign and people cancelling orders?

It was paid for. Even if they sold 0 figures, they still had to actually pay for the tooling to make it. If they made a profit on the figure or not is not the same thing. They do not now need to buy all new tooling because it was already done for the last figure.

It was paid for. Even if they sold 0 figures, they still had to actually pay for the tooling to make it. If they made a profit on the figure or not is not the same thing. They do not now need to buy all new tooling because it was already done for the last figure.

I did not ask the question correctly but it's not important. We will just have to wait and see if this is the real deal or if just something to take up space like the Falcon cockpit.

Back