Hot Toys Hicks & Hudson on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL WTF?!? since when does Hudson go for $160?? :rotflyou could get it for retail just last month.

I have noticed that Hudson is becoming alittle more scarce. $160 seems fairly reasonable nowdays bearing in mind that lot of Hudson figures have been parted out for parts on the bay and such, plus there is demand for him now to create Hicks conversions.

The HT Hudson a great figure and the only real fault with him is the poor headsculpt. I guess the demand for Hicks is greater because people tend to preffer his character in the movie. Hudson was always my favourite character though so to me his figure is worth just as much as my Hicks.

You'l have a great Xmas BadMoon, those two figures really are awesome :rock

hell, for $350 each, i better start selling my 3 Hicks figures.

Suply and demand boys, suply and demand!
But if Hudson goes up like that in a few weeks, get your Power Loaders NOW!...Hell, buy 5, keep em 6 months, sell, then sit back in the warm glow of having scalped some poor soul.:monkey2

$485 for the both of them.

Wow that is insane for a figure that cost $70-80 brand new when released and then needs a repaint and other fixings? truly mind boggling that they go for that much. And it's no wonder I never win on any of these??? if bidders are willing to pay that.

I guess i will never get any of these:confused::monkey2 because i will not pay that for them no way. And really all i want is Vasquez, Drake, Hicks.

My wife won them both! God I love her! Merry Christmas to me! Now I just have to wait to open them! :monkey2

OMG- and she bought the ones from the links- thanks Jamal for promoting these and making the prices skyrocket. You are a real pal!:D:monkey1

PS- You should tell your wife it's better to bid at the last second to save some money Badmoon.

OMG- and she bought the ones from the links- thanks Jamal for promoting these and making the prices skyrocket. You are a real pal!:D:monkey1

PS- You should tell your wife it's better to bid at the last second to save some money Badmoon.

She had to up it at the last second. It went straight up in the last minute.

She had to up it at the last second. It went straight up in the last minute.

Because she drove the price up earlier by bidding in the first place. When you put in a bid before the last second all you do is make people outbid you and get angry about it, essentially creating a bidding war. If you just let those early bidders think they are going to win and then snipe their asses it all works out better for you.

Because she drove the price up earlier by bidding in the first place. When you put in a bid before the last second all you do is make people outbid you and get angry about it. If you just let those early bidder think they are going to win and then snipe their asses it all works out better for you.

So your saying if no one bid it wouldn't have gone for that price in the first place? :confused: I have seen many of them go for even higher on evil bay before. I think this is why your really upset. https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26448 :rotfl

So your saying if no one bid it wouldn't have gone for that price in the first place? :confused: I have seen many of them go for even higher on evil bay before. I think this is why your really upset. https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26448 :rotfl

All I am saying is when people bid early they want to outbid each other. It's addicting and it becomes a competition and can result in a higher price. That is why you hear sellers on ebay telling you to bid early and bid often.

Last edited:
If you just let those early bidders think they are going to win and then snipe their asses it all works out better for you.

If it's not a "buy it now" I like and I actually do try to win an auction, this is the only way I ever really bid. I never get into the early "bidding war". Just my two cents.

And congrats Badmoon. I know you really wanted these.

Buy it now is the only way I really like to ebay. You know the price and you don't get frustrated by bidders paying way more than the item is worth just because they want to win. If I do have to bid though, I wait until the last couple of seconds and I usually win. I still can not figure out what the point of bidding on an item 4 days in advance- you are going to get outbid anyway and all you are doing is driving the price up. :google What's the first thing somebody does when they get that "You have been outbid" email? They go and place another bid because they are pissed they are losing. Mind games man.

Back