1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received them today they look great ! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

My Rocket and Groot set arrived today, and I've only had an hour to fiddle with it, but so far, it's pretty awesome. Everyone's been swooning over Groot, and it's really impressive (it matches the hype). I also nearly broke off all those blasted branches sticking out of his body, but I love how sturdy it is in a dynamic pose.

I was a bit worried about not liking Rocket (despite some of the comments from other people who have him in hand), but that's also a phenomenal figure too. The articulation isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but then again, my first moments with the figure were trying to see how far I could push his joints. :monkey3 I'm not sure I'd pay $160 for him on his own, but he's indispensable in the two-pack (internally, I knock down his price because of all the extra Groot stuff that comes with the set).

Right now, I've got angry Groot in a nice action pose and just need to figure out how to fit Rocket on him (preferably without that pesky stand). I do have a couple jokey poses in mind, but I want to try to get my main pose down first.

Edit:
Rocket's gun is really, really hard to get on and pose with (even when putting the hand on first). I feel like I'm breaking something when I try to put the hand (w/gun) on the arm, and it doesn't help that there isn't any solid part of the gun I can grab to use for leverage. :gah:

Mine were scheduled to be delivered today (CT), but now UPS is giving me that "Delayed For Adverse Weather" thing.

5grumpy.gif

Me ****ing too. I guess in Chicago or something. UPS can't tell me anymore tho. Have u guys heard anything. I live in PA

I have a feeling that an entire truck was lost.... very strange that MULTIPLE people on the east coast are all having the same issue.

Back