1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine showed up yesterday... just fyi. im in FL

As did mine.

2eydor7.jpg

I'm also in Florida.

So here we are.
I checked my e-mail again today and guess what?
More "adverse weather" in the area is causing a delay!
Where the HELL is this weather?
I mean a simple rain shower is considered "adverse weather?
I got it during the winter when we had 108 inches of snow in my area of MA.
But a rain storm?
I tried the chat option on the UPS website and they're useless.
They couldn't even offer me an early arrival time.
Why can't Sideshow use Fed Ex or DHL?
I'm worried now that with Friday(the 4th of July is Saturday) most companies are off on Friday.
That Rocket & Groot won't make it here until next week!
:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

i know what you mean!... it pisses me off too w/ this shipping times and price...
i shipped a ghost rider a year or so back (which was larger than this by a little bit) and it ran me $17 or so. this thing was $22 from SS. i'm johnny no-body and my rate i pay is cheaper than SS who also gets bulk discounts??? please! so who knows what they pay, but it AIN'T no $22!! so point being... if you are paying MORE than what the shipping charges really are... your package should show up pristine and super fast... not beat up and taking forever.

Mine arrived today and was apparently harpooned by someone at UPS. There was a massive hole in the brown shipper that someone had taped up. The same whole was on the wrap around box cover and through the plastic window of the box itself, then through the hard plastic topper that covers both figures. There's a bunch of scratches and a small hole in between Groot's body and left arm. Looks like whatever went through missed hitting the figure by a centimeter.

Mine arrived today and was apparently harpooned by someone at UPS. There was a massive hole in the brown shipper that someone had taped up. The same whole was on the wrap around box cover and through the plastic window of the box itself, then through the hard plastic topper that covers both figures. There's a bunch of scratches and a small hole in between Groot's body and left arm. Looks like whatever went through missed hitting the figure by a centimeter.

EXXXXXXACTLY what i just was saying!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! way to go SS and UPS! sorry dude! that SUCKS!

Mine is no longer showing the Adverse Weather delay. It now shows as having arrived in Hartford today, but lists no scheduled delivery time. Had better be tomorrow...

I'd be furious ! :mad:
Are you sending it back or no?

Wow, that sucks so bad. Sorry man. Did you request a pack out?

Sorry to see what happened to your package Thrawn.

I don't believe we should have to "request" a packout from Sideshow and then pay more for it. BBTS, Alterego and just about every other company that sells HT puts them in an actual shipping box. It's standard practice in my opinion, I don't get why Sideshow doesn't do it. I'm sure they have lost and will continue to lose customers as a result.

My package is no longer delayed, scheduled for delivery tomorrow....hoping it does not arrive "harpooned". :lol

While those mailers are great and all,there is absolutely NO EXCUSE that Sideshow cannot put these EXPENSIVE collectibles into another box for protection knowing darn well that UPS is going to kick around the box during the trip.What is even worse is the extra charge and having to even request it just to have the stuff we buy from them protected better...

There's nothing a pack out could've done to protect that package. It would only result in another cardboard box with a hole and ten dollars less.

Back