1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine were scheduled to be delivered today (CT), but now UPS is giving me that "Delayed For Adverse Weather" thing.

5grumpy.gif

Mine too...(VT) with no update available.

Grrrrr.....was hoping to have for the long weekend to take some pics....enjoying the ones in here that folks are posting....Groot looks great!

Ouch Thrawn, that's inexcusable, yet honestly extremely lucky. Fortunately the figures are all okay, yeah? I'm interested to hear what you're going to decide to do.

There's nothing a pack out could've done to protect that package. It would only result in another cardboard box with a hole and ten dollars less.

You are implying it wasn't done on purpose. How do you know that? I have never received or known anybody who has received a box in that kind of shape from BBTS. IMO, somebody from UPS read the box, knew what it was, and had a little "fun" with it. In any case contact SS and give them hell Thrawn.

My wife's set arrived .Monday and had damage to both the brown shipper and to the box art. It looked like something smashed the top in. The figs were safe but its really annoying that ssc did not do better about protection such expensive valuables. She doesnt care about the boxes of her hot toys but I'm annoyed about it. No excuse.

You are implying it wasn't done on purpose. How do you know that? I have never received or known anybody who has received a box in that kind of shape from BBTS. IMO, somebody from UPS read the box, knew what it was, and had a little "fun" with it. In any case contact SS and give them hell Thrawn.

We have no idea what happened and not everyone who receives a damaged box from BBTS is on here. He is just saying whatever punctured the box would have done the same to another box around it.

While those mailers are great and all,there is absolutely NO EXCUSE that Sideshow cannot put these EXPENSIVE collectibles into another box for protection knowing darn well that UPS is going to kick around the box during the trip.What is even worse is the extra charge and having to even request it just to have the stuff we buy from them protected better...

Possibly. But typically if a HT is packed inside another box, there is some space between the HT package and the outer box. Thus any puncture would have less chance making it through the outer box, into the HT box and hitting the figure. It's another layer of protection and also security because the box is not listed as being a "Hot Toys" figure.

Mine arrived today and was apparently harpooned by someone at UPS. There was a massive hole in the brown shipper that someone had taped up. The same whole was on the wrap around box cover and through the plastic window of the box itself, then through the hard plastic topper that covers both figures. There's a bunch of scratches and a small hole in between Groot's body and left arm. Looks like whatever went through missed hitting the figure by a centimeter.

The same exact thing happened to my McFly a couple of weeks ago. Busted shipper that was patched with tape and it went thru to the art box. But something pierced yours all the way to the plastic. That's crazy but thankfully the figs are unscathed

Got my exclusive set in today and man is Groot IMPRESSIVE.

Can't remember the last time a figure 'wow'ed me the way Groot did once I saw him in person. Crazy amount of detail and an amazing overall sculpt from head to toe. Figure just looks incredible all around.

I'm not so sure of Rocket yet. He's way better in person but the sculpt could have really used a proper closed and screaming mouth one. They look awesome together though.

19156485019_7f57d2bfd9_b.jpg

19342645425_cf1fcd78d9_b.jpg

19145469018_68b6831e47_b.jpg

Mine arrived today and was apparently harpooned by someone at UPS. There was a massive hole in the brown shipper that someone had taped up. The same whole was on the wrap around box cover and through the plastic window of the box itself, then through the hard plastic topper that covers both figures. There's a bunch of scratches and a small hole in between Groot's body and left arm. Looks like whatever went through missed hitting the figure by a centimeter.

Ouch, that's really terrible. Sorry to hear about the damaged package. Fortunately the figures weren't damaged, though the packaging looks brutal. I'm also curious to see what you end up doing with Sideshow (and what they do). I seem to recall that they don't accept exchanges for damaged boxes, but yours is a bit extreme in the damage, so hopefully they'll make an exception.

Great photos, holo. Love the perfect black behind Groot. Really one of the best 1:6 figures of all time, IMO.

Last edited:
I love GROOT.

Easily one of the best figures around.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just can't decide which face sculpt I prefer. They're both great.

Got the chance to finally check these figures out and "Wow" Groot is amazing and Rocket was a lot better than I expected. However, when I was inspecting the figure, I noticed there was a red spot above the right eye of the Angry Groot sculpt. I think during the production the paint must had missed that spot. I already sent S.S. a message and see if they can do a replacement. Hopefully I'll hear back from them and they would do it. Otherwise, is a great set!

Hey, received it 2 days ago :

2lsiec3.jpg

They are really awesome.

Was afraid that Rocket would be too "plastic" but he is really nice.

Back