1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great set, but it would be great to get Rocket with that screaming sculpt. Can't wait for these guys

Awesome pics, thanks Yankees! Agreed, Niltusk -- Screaming Rocket sculpt would've put this over the top. Weathering on him looks fantastic, though. Groot's definitely the star of the show, but loving Rocket, also.

Wait, did you guys notice how much uglier the joints on both of these look now? Look at rockets shoulders now, they have circle holes. And now his elbow joints are less camouflaged, you can see the hinge. The same goes for Groot. On the front of his elbow joint you can see the hinge. And the back of his knees are the same. It cuts down on the overall look and quality of these guys. Why did they change them? With this and Drax looking like crap I might have to give up on owning the team. Maybe I'll just settle for Star-Lord and call it a day.

Looks similar to me, just lighting difference. You guys crack me up. These are figures and unless done with rubber overlays they are going to have joints. You wanna pose, you need joints. If you don't wanna see joints/pose buy a statue.

Yeah I did but I dunno, something looks off about the head or the eyes to me. Like, maybe the head should be a LITTLE bigger. Just a little and maybe the angles of the head could have been slightly more sculpted, if that even makes sense. I'm really trying to put my finger on it.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-character-poster-groot.jpg

attachment.php

I get that they need joints, I like articulation too. But, the joints were better hidden before and blended in a lot better. That big circle peg hole on Rocket's shoulder belongs on a hasbro figure not a hundred and sixty dollar high end figure from Hot Toys. I don't think that's too much to ask for given the price, do you?

I get that they need joints, I like articulation too. But, the joints were better hidden before and blended in a lot better. That big circle peg hole on Rocket's shoulder belongs on a hasbro figure not a hundred and sixty dollar high end figure from Hot Toys. I don't think that's too much to ask for given the price, do you?

Those holes are just downright ugly. I really do hope these are just placeholder prototypes for these shows and that they are still working on them. Notice they keep using the Star-Lord helmet sculpt too, and not the new Pratt one. It's a possibility..

Okay, this here is where I think the figure looks absolutely fantastic. Maybe it's just the angle of the con pics as well as the lighting but the head looks perfect to me here. The size and sculpt of it.

10343664_10152192280912344_3757396815187141779_n.jpg

I think groot's eyes are a little lighter. I mean, his eyes are almost black in the promos and movie but they are somewhat hazel-brown in the HT. also wish they would have added a little more cover for the wrist joints. I'd sacrifice some articulation to not have to look at ugly joints. And rocket.....yeah I'll wait for next spooktacular.

I think groot's eyes are a little lighter. I mean, his eyes are almost black in the promos and movie but they are somewhat hazel-brown in the HT. also wish they would have added a little more cover for the wrist joints. I'd sacrifice some articulation to not have to look at ugly joints. And rocket.....yeah I'll wait for next spooktacular.

Man, I just wish the final product looks just like the proto in the pic I posted. XD I'm not a fan of all of how Groot is looking at cons. Rocket actually looks somewhat better, but yeah, not impressed with Groot at all. I either skip this one or wait for GOTG 2. As of right now, i'm only getting Peter.

And about the wrist joints, I think that the hands just aren't pushed in all the way. I thought I had the same problem with my IM3 Tony Stark but turns out I just didn't push in the hands all the way in and the joints look pretty damn great.

Back