1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

...and therein lies the problem, for us this is a hobby, but for the companies making the figures, it is a business.. yes, many of the employees may also be fans but bottom line is, the figures that are made, are mainly the ones that Toy companies think will attract the most customers.

And this is complicated by the fact that being an Asian company, they are also looking at what's popular in Asia--which may not be popular in the States or Western Europe.

HT does seem to produce the occasional oddball figure from out of nowhere once in awhile that gives one hope for their own particular grails though. I mean, The Crow? Sure, I guess it's popular, but can it really be definitively said that The Crow would be more popular than, say, a Jennifer Lawrence Mystique figure, or The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow? Or a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman?

I actually would love to see HT tackle Sin City, myself. And Buffy. And Farscape.

X-men sinkhole I think a hot toys night crawler would sell better than hulk but I'm getting off track this is an argument. Because this is an argument I will believe what I say and you will believe what you say we will not agree with one another so let's stop, this page is about Groot and rocket.

Sorry dude, but there's no universe where X-movie Nightcrawler is more popular than Avengers movie Hulk.

And this is complicated by the fact that being an Asian company, they are also looking at what's popular in Asia--which may not be popular in the States or Western Europe.

HT does seem to produce the occasional oddball figure from out of nowhere once in awhile that gives one hope for their own particular grails though. I mean, The Crow? Sure, I guess it's popular, but can it really be definitively said that The Crow would be more popular than, say, a Jennifer Lawrence Mystique figure, or The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow? Or a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman?

I actually would love to see HT tackle Sin City, myself. And Buffy. And Farscape.

That's a huge want of mine. They could do a black and white version as a Con exclusive.

Seriously, How can people pay almost $400 for a set of figures from a movie no one has seen!!

Makes me wonder, how can Hot Toys schedule the entire team without sales figures to know if they'll warrant making the whole team.

People often say "the first didn't sell so they didn't make more" but with this they're doing all right away without knowing if the first sold well or not

Seriously, How can people pay almost $400 for a set of figures from a movie no one has seen!!

Well good news because no one has actually done that, seeing as they won't actually charge and ship these figures for at least eight months. At most right now anyone is out a deposit, and the movie will be playing in a few weeks and there will be ample time to enjoy it and desire the figures or not and not. And there is such a thing as being a fan of the already existing source material too, no?

Sorry dude, but there's no universe where X-movie Nightcrawler is more popular than Avengers movie Hulk.

:lol

While I would like figures from some of the more obscure licenses mentioned, I think it's a bit unfair that people expect Hot Toys to tackle everything. Besides, if they were they would have less time to focus on Iron Man figures and we can't be having that. :nono

Hot Toys aren't the only 1/6 business in town, so why aren't these complaints lodged against Enterbay, Sideshow, Threezero, etc as well? Those companies are plenty capable right? :huh

Sorry. But again 160 bucks. ??? No way is rocket worth that. I like the figure but it has virtually nothing with it yet is so much. Yet it's so much more expensive than yoda etc and it's more than artoo!!

I wish Rocket had more accessories, like maybe that bomb in the trailer

Rocket-bomb.jpg~original

Easy, they love the characters from the comics where they originally came from.

Can someone please photoshop Rocket with the correct proportions in the head? Either that and make him a little leaner? That's the ONLY thing that's bugging me about Rocket and actually makes me kinda not wanna get him.

10525803_671338986273971_1515402772356694835_n.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-screenshot-rocket-raccoon-3.jpg

maybe its because of structural integrity, they couldn't make him any smaller. Kind of like him chubby tho, he's been stealing snacks :lol

Re: Hot Toys Screaming Tree Guy and Rodent.

I think we are looking at the prototype so I would stress yet. I like him.

I think Rocket looks great and Groot too, but I can't justify $160 for a 6.3" action figure with switch-out hands and a gun...really HT??? Really........ a easy pass.

the 1/6 clones would be a great source for extra weapons for this guy, just a repaint and maybe extra bits

Well for me its always been not about the movies per say but the love of the Marvel characters period. Design/Aesthetics of certain characters influence my purchasing decisions too. Even if GOTG sucks(wont happen),Groot and Starlord are two characters I find visually stunning so Ill more than likely grab em. Cant bring myself to drop $160 on a lil raccoon tho.

Everyone should just bombard Hot Toys facebook page with demands for more accessories and another head sculpt. It sometimes works.

I'd be down for that

and Rocket needs to be good since he's the best thing about this movie:

I think he says: "I was divinely engineered to be the best" :lol

They let you do that? I had ordered that Robocop figure a long time ago and it keeps getting postponed and I no longer want it. I'll have to see if they'll let me put it towards another figure. I take it from your "get out of NRD free card" comment that you can only do it once?

Yessir. They told me you get one time to do it. If it were $25, I probably would've just ate it, but it's basically a payment for Groot/Rocket set if you do 5 payment flex. I don't think the 3 pack armory is gonna move that fast so I'll pick it up at some point, but if this exclusive sells out and I hafta pay for angry Groot sculpt while paying same price for both figures, I'd be a little miffed about it.

Again, I love the comics so much that even if I hate the movie, this is a starting point for custom comic accurate team. If I love the movie(which I think I will as from all accounts this seems special), then I have my team from my favorite short lived Marvel run.

They will let you transfer an NRD once, Ween. Just call 'em direct and ask.

Ordered this set. I'm not a huge GotG fan but this two-pack is to me a part of what I enjoyed about comics. I won't be buying the rest of the team or getting any of the villains (just like I'll be buying Ultron from AoU and none of the heroes). I'm going to be happy with a Rocket and Groot two-pack. Wonderful figures, IMO!

You know, only a couple of days ago, I posted in the SW forums that high-end collectors would not accept a sculpted Chewie, and I was just thinking I should take that back. Granted Rocket's fur is much more cropped than Chewie's but I like Rocket's look and the joints, though noticeable, don't bug me.

No way! Rocket you can get away with, but Chewie HAS to have some real fur! Yea we might pay a ton for it , but it'll be SOOOOOOOOOO worth it. And a stand that grrrraaahhhhhhhhhhs would be nice :)

Well good news because no one has actually done that, seeing as they won't actually charge and ship these figures for at least eight months. At most right now anyone is out a deposit, and the movie will be playing in a few weeks and there will be ample time to enjoy it and desire the figures or not and not. And there is such a thing as being a fan of the already existing source material too, no?

Plus the trailers look great, and the cast is pretty top-notch.

But I wonder if Hot Toys is allowed to see an early cut of Marvel movies before they're released to the public, so they can gauge potential audience interest? Or maybe not, and Hot Toys was just wowed by the character designs?

Back