1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Here's my take on these guys, or any other of the GOTG characters. I never heard of GOTG until I heard about the film about a year or so ago. I more into the core Marvel characters, Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers etc. I haven't accepted GOTG as Marvel yet. Have to see the film and would have to blow me away and feel like they blend in with the Avengers. The characters have to captivate me.
I will admit that these are nice looking figures. The likenesses and detail are stunningly dead on. Why can't human figures be this perfect? Also I think Rocket Raccoon is over priced. Show this to a non collector they'd probably guess maybe $50. Even at $159.99, he's the retail price of the Captain America: The First Avenger figure. How can a 6" figure cost the same as a 12" figure with plenty of accessories and more detailed costume?
I will probably order these and cancel later from my normal place, but they don't have 2 pack, but they do sell out early. Then again I can just wait to see film and order from SS since they have the 2 pack and sell out later.

Plus the trailers look great, and the cast is pretty top-notch.

But I wonder if Hot Toys is allowed to see an early cut of Marvel movies before they're released to the public, so they can gauge potential audience interest? Or maybe not, and Hot Toys was just wowed by the character designs?

no I dont think they do but all Marvel movies are popular right now, they're pure Box Office Gold

The only nitpick would be the eyes on both figures. They both have more animal eyes in the trailers than the human eyes Hot Toys painted on them. I think it would be perfect if they just paint the eyes all black.

I'll probably order once the Hot Toys SDCC booth doesn't show the Arkham videogame Batman & Joker + when Starlord is as great as Rocket & Groot. Hopefully my retailer doesn't sell out by then.

The only nitpick would be the eyes on both figures. They both have more animal eyes in the trailers than the human eyes Hot Toys painted on them. I think it would be perfect if they just paint the eyes all black.

I'll probably order once the Hot Toys SDCC booth doesn't show the Arkham videogame Batman & Joker + when Starlord is as great as Rocket & Groot. Hopefully my retailer doesn't sell out by then.

I dont think they're eyes are all black, certainly not rockets which seem at least some part brown
Now Nebula, her eyes are black as night :lol.........hmmmm sexy:yess:
Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_FT-18581_R.jpg

Yeah ok, you're probably right. Maybe if they use a darker brown colour or something. Something about the eyes but nothing too dramatic to pass up on these figures.

So about the rumoured 5-pack; is that already confirmed? Would be cool if they included an exclusive bonus with that pack; e.g. the yellow prison outfits.

Groot for me is definitely the main attraction -- he is going to look impressive on display. I get what you're saying about Rocket's feet, but regardless of the display stands (definitely I'm glad to be getting get both in the two pack), I only plan to display Rocket as an adjunct to Groot; firing his gun over Groot's shoulder. I just can't think of another two figure combo that will work that well together.

That's what I'll do ... An epic pose!

I think Rocket looks great and Groot too, but I can't justify $160 for a 6.3" action figure with switch-out hands and a gun...really HT??? Really........ a easy pass.

You have no idea what a cosmic rip-off that price is..but hordes of guys here eagerly have the cash in hand ready to pay..HT knows their customers!

I got the pair. I think they look great and they offer a different visual appeal to the collection. The movie will determine whether I get The rest. Star Lord is a maybe but Drax and Gamora will need to blow me away to consider buying their figs.

I'm glad they started out with Rocket and Groot. Those two were probably the ones I was most excited to see and buy. Hoping Star Lord/Peter Quill is next.

I dont think Groot is tall enough or Rockets not short enough :dunno
902239-rocket-and-groot-008.jpg
guardiansofthegalaxy530410a7b86b5.jpg

Always a slippery slope! :lol

When you mentioned that I had a quick Google and found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/1ye9ty/i_calculated_the_heights_and_weights_of_the/

That would make Groot over 24" in 1/6 and Rocket just over 5.5". (Though Rocket's height and weight was a guestimate, rather than a calculation).

Wow so IF thats right Groot is wayyy smaller than he should be :dunno
Well he puts Drax smaller than Gamora so thats wrong, anyway Bautista is 1.94m and Zoe is 1.69
See here, they are standing close to one another
guardiansofthegalaxy53486f619ae3f.jpg

and Groot doesnt seem to be twice the height of Starlord but he is taller, certainly not 3.79m, thats crazy
Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_KLP0435_comp_v257_grade.1052.jpg

As far as I can tell form the movie stills I've seen, Groot is tall but not incredibly tall. Maybe a little bit taller than Hulk but that's it. I think HT has his height pretty much dead on.

Yeah but Groot grows different sizes anyway, he can grow and regrow at will
So when Rocket is on his shoulder he could be huge, then later he could be smaller

Back