1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

10559897_10152343450729585_3015958309189485002_n.jpg

guardiansofthegalaxyfirstlook.jpg

That is the exact picture I was looking at when the proportions seemed spot on - when he is riding on Groot however it seems off in a lot of images. Probably just has to do with film editing and what not.

I am stoked for this set! I really like the stands quite a bit. And thankfully they don't look like they take up much space.

Groot looks dead on but I think they are missing out by not having an ALT HS with Rocket. Needs a screaming sculpt.

I think an alternate headsculpt is being saved for a "prison break" variant.

If you look at the initial WIP reveal of the Guardians you'll see his yellow attire has already been made and the two reference images for his face have an expression like the first sculpt and the other one is when he's saying "Oh.....Yeahhh".

A new headsculpt, attire and gun and BOOM! one easy variant that gets more use out of the body mold.

Lots of complaining will inevitably ensue but Rocket fans get another cool option.

And this is complicated by the fact that being an Asian company, they are also looking at what's popular in Asia--which may not be popular in the States or Western Europe.

HT does seem to produce the occasional oddball figure from out of nowhere once in awhile that gives one hope for their own particular grails though. I mean, The Crow? Sure, I guess it's popular, but can it really be definitively said that The Crow would be more popular than, say, a Jennifer Lawrence Mystique figure, or The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow? Or a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman?

I actually would love to see HT tackle Sin City, myself. And Buffy. And Farscape.

The Crow is a half Asian guy so maybe that it why that got made.

I am stoked for this set! I really like the stands quite a bit. And thankfully they don't look like they take up much space.

Exactly! Now a major concern I have when buying a figure is the size of the stand because lately they have been pretty big so you can only get 2 on a shelf at best. I am happy these have a cool design and are small so I can fit them on a shelf together :yess:

I need to see the movie before putting up the NRD on the set or just getting the raccoon.

From the tease it looks like there will be another rocket with yellow suit and screaming sculpt.

That is the exact picture I was looking at when the proportions seemed spot on - when he is riding on Groot however it seems off in a lot of images. Probably just has to do with film editing and what not.

Groot must be leaning quite a bit in the still, since Rocket's ear is level with his wrist. Yet Rocket seems to be at the right height against Groot's legs.

you guys do know groot can change his size right...?

actually its not the height that bothers me about these guys its the width, Rocket looks like he's too wide and Groot as well

I don't read comics but I did not take it as a spoiler - I seriously meant thanks as that explained it for me.

I didnt take it any other way :D

I guess this team is more of a fringe team, I just thought most knew. But yeah he can shrink down to a potted planet and up to an Ent

actually its not the height that bothers me about these guys its the width, Rocket looks like he's too wide and Groot as well

Groots legs are too think in comparison to his torso

Back