1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

To be fair, I think the Spiderman figure issue comes down to one main factor.. a 1/6 figure in a spandex suit, is never going to look anywhere near as good as the figure in the film, let alone the comics.. and I say that as a Spiderman fan, well the first film and original comics anyway.
I am slightly surprised we have not had a few more X Men figures, although I'm not convinced there are enough collectors to go deep into the line (films can be very successful without necessarily creating a large figure franchise).. disappointingly I still haven't liked a Wolverine release enough to pull the trigger.. but I would like to see a few more of the main figures.. although I am fairly certain Hot Toys would go with a rubber bodysuit for a Mystique figure.. making it a no go for me.
:(

I'm wondering if Rocket Raccoon might just take us a step closer to a Chewbacca figure. :dunno

That's definitely a possibility. The ASM Spidey doesn't look horrible though, and considering the massive global popularity of the character it's surprising the figures don't sell well. I fear XMen would have this same problem if anyone could ever wrestle the rights away to produce them.

I agree regarding Chewy! :goodpost:

So, wait, the exclusive head and hands come with the 2 pack? So, as long as I buy the two pack, I get the extras?

They let you do that? I had ordered that Robocop figure a long time ago and it keeps getting postponed and I no longer want it. I'll have to see if they'll let me put it towards another figure. I take it from your "get out of NRD free card" comment that you can only do it once?
They will let you transfer an NRD once, Ween. Just call 'em direct and ask.

Ordered this set. I'm not a huge GotG fan but this two-pack is to me a part of what I enjoyed about comics. I won't be buying the rest of the team or getting any of the villains (just like I'll be buying Ultron from AoU and none of the heroes). I'm going to be happy with a Rocket and Groot two-pack. Wonderful figures, IMO!

...I'm wondering if Rocket Raccoon might just take us a step closer to a Chewbacca figure. :dunno
You know, only a couple of days ago, I posted in the SW forums that high-end collectors would not accept a sculpted Chewie, and I was just thinking I should take that back. Granted Rocket's fur is much more cropped than Chewie's but I like Rocket's look and the joints, though noticeable, don't bug me.

This might have been already asked and answered and i missed it but is there something that holds Rocket on the back of Groot?

They will let you transfer an NRD once, Ween. Just call 'em direct and ask.

Ordered this set. I'm not a huge GotG fan but this two-pack is to me a part of what I enjoyed about comics. I won't be buying the rest of the team or getting any of the villains (just like I'll be buying Ultron from AoU and none of the heroes). I'm going to be happy with a Rocket and Groot two-pack. Wonderful figures, IMO!

You know, only a couple of days ago, I posted in the SW forums that high-end collectors would not accept a sculpted Chewie, and I was just thinking I should take that back. Granted Rocket's fur is much more cropped than Chewie's but I like Rocket's look and the joints, though noticeable, don't bug me.

Yup, I think Rocket shows the potential.. but Chewie would, as you say, take things to a whole new level.. its a shame they didn't give Rocket some boots, might have tipped me over the edge into getting this set, because I like the Groot figure.

This might have been already asked and answered and i missed it but is there something that holds Rocket on the back of Groot?

Doesn't look like it. Probably just really careful posing

So, wait, the exclusive head and hands come with the 2 pack? So, as long as I buy the two pack, I get the extras?

Exclusives are usually only from Sideshow, so if you get the two pack at Sideshow you'll get them but if you get two two pack elsewhere you may not.

Yup, I think Rocket shows the potential.. but Chewie would, as you say, take things to a whole new level.. its a shame they didn't give Rocket some boots, might have tipped me over the edge into getting this set, because I like the Groot figure.
Groot for me is definitely the main attraction -- he is going to look impressive on display. I get what you're saying about Rocket's feet, but regardless of the display stands (definitely I'm glad to be getting get both in the two pack), I only plan to display Rocket as an adjunct to Groot; firing his gun over Groot's shoulder. I just can't think of another two figure combo that will work that well together.

Exclusives are usually only from Sideshow, so if you get the two pack at Sideshow you'll get them but if you get two two pack elsewhere you may not.

that-is-why-you-fail-Yoda-Quote-Masters-in-Philosopy-650x415.jpg

:monkey3

Yes and no. Exclusives are from sideshow and some other retailers may not get them. But this is not an exclusive release or promo just exclusive to the 2 pack. Just like 2 pack Cap with civvie Steve, you get the "exclusive" helmet. The extra head and hands come with the pack. As long as you get the 2 pack you will get the extra stuff. It's to make you buy the 2 pack and not just 1 figure. Namely Groot. Hence the bonus stuff are Groots.

It's a strange and unclear situation this time, since OneSixthBruce is only offering the 2-pack, and is listing and showing the extra bits.

10559897_10152343450729585_3015958309189485002_n.jpg

Wait, so OneSixBruce is getting this as well?

Yet the SSC email today states 'available nowhere else'. :cuss

TM_HTRocketGroot_071814_01.jpg

Wait, so OneSixBruce is getting this as well?

Yet the SSC email today states 'available nowhere else'. :cuss

TM_HTRocketGroot_071814_01.jpg

Hmmm.. that could actually be interpreted either way depending on who sent you the promo material.. probably best to contact the retailer and confirm the details, if you are not ordering the set from Sideshow.

Hmmm.. that could actually be interpreted either way depending on who sent you the promo material.. probably best to contact the retailer and confirm the details, if you are not ordering from Sideshow.

That came directly from Sideshow.

That came directly from Sideshow.

Sent from Sideshow yes.. but there doesn't appear to be a Sideshow logo on the part which says 'available nowhere else'.. just Hot Toys and Marvel.. think Boylost99 may be correct.

Sent from Sideshow yes.. but there doesn't appear to be a Sideshow logo on the part which says 'available nowhere else'.. just Hot Toys and Marvel.

Trickery you say? :thud: :pfft:

Groot looks dead on but I think they are missing out by not having an ALT HS with Rocket. Needs a screaming sculpt.

Re: Hot Toys Screaming Tree Guy and Rodent.

At this price no thanks I'll stick with the happy meal toys

I have figures (WM MKII) that were not even in the movie ( IM3) i did see :lol

Back