1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Is this 2 pack exclusive to Sideshow?

Rocket's head and weapon look great. Everything else, I agree with the NECA comments. It's unfortunate because no matter how you sculpt fur, it'll always look like a toy. I was thinking maybe a combination of fake fur rooted on top of the sculpted fure would look great and hide some of the joints. I can't see HT ever doing that, Rocket is male so they'll never do fur unless he was female. You know how it is with HT.

Very true- "real"fur might have made the price alittle less outrageous but it would have to be very very good fur....

Rocket is about $100 overpriced given his size and simplicity. Groot seems surprisingly affordable given his 15"+ height. $300 for the pair would have been reasonable.

You'd think economies of scale would kick in given how many figures Hot Toys produces.

I think Rocket would be more appealing if he were like $100 personally. Similar in size to the Sideshow Yoda and not crazily detailed or anything. I don't really agree with the NECA comments since I tend to not like their stuff much but I will agree that the individual price on Rocket is a bit much.

Does anyone think Groot appears to be made from anything that should suffer from early degradation?

ORDERED!!!! :slap Well I'm thinking about it because it softens the blow of Rocket's individual price. It'll sell out, too

I'm a sucker and plain addicted..I can always cancel................:gah:

I'm just going to make my own from a dead Racoon I find on the road. Maybe I'll whittle my own Groot.

raccoon-and-cat-are-bff-001.gif

Has Neca release their version of Rocket? I tend to dislike Neca figures do to their poor paint apps.

Rockets price is ridiculous. This is the first set I really wanted and now I think I may pass on. Was really hoping for more accessories. Or at least don't put a NRD on it, maybe they know more is coming and that we'll cancel this for the other release. I dunno. Poopy.

The thing is I don't want Gamora but I like the team uniforms a lot so I'd get it for that reason alone. Plus if it comes with an exclusive piece...but I do like Starlord's normal outfit

I know..they have us by the B***s:slap

Back