1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Pumped! Just pre-ordered the exclusive set. Bring on the rest of the team!

ORDERED!!!! :slap Well I'm thinking about it because it softens the blow of Rocket's individual price. It'll sell out, too

I'm a sucker and plain addicted..I can always cancel................:gah:

I bit as well these two just look so cool. The extra head sculpt is pretty great as well. These were probably the only two I would have been interested in with the 5 pack anyway! The griot angry face rocks!

$300 would be a rip-off.
$360 is a mockery.

**** you, HT! And **** you, Disney!

Rockets price is ridiculous. This is the first set I really wanted and now I think I may pass on. Was really hoping for more accessories. Or at least don't put a NRD on it, maybe they know more is coming and that we'll cancel this for the other release. I dunno. Poopy.

That's why I won't buy him seperately- I'm reasoning the two pack being exclusive will be a good choice plus Groot is nice and hopefully won't fall apart....

I know..they have us by the B***s:slap

Got that right. I'm going to watch the quantity and if it gets low I'll order but as for now it looks like I'll be waiting until SDCC next week. I'm going to miffed though if the exclusive set turns out to be them in their prison uniforms

The thing is I think that Groot is reasonably priced. For a larger figure and a mold that Hot Toys will probably only ever be able use once it's not much at all if you think of it. I do tend to agree that Rocket though is pricey. Granted they probably had to make a new body for him too but it doesn't look like there's that much to him. The tailoring on his jumpsuit and that is nicely detailed but the actual figure I dunno. I really wanted this set but not sure I can justify it unless I decide to use some of my rewards points.

You know Hot Toys owns you when you think 160 bucks for Rocket is reasonable.

Even if the movie is good I'm not gonna pay this prices. The line has been crossed.

The thing is I think that Groot is reasonably priced. For a larger figure and a mold that Hot Toys will probably only ever be able use once it's not much at all if you think of it. I do tend to agree that Rocket though is pricey. Granted they probably had to make a new body for him too but it doesn't look like there's that much to him. The tailoring on his jumpsuit and that is nicely detailed but the actual figure I dunno. I really wanted this set but not sure I can justify it unless I decide to use some of my rewards points.

You know you're going to cave..it just is what it is. We are nuts y'know....:lol

..and ME TOO for being an idiot wanting this!
You and everyone else, yes :lol

It's not like I don't want these figures...
I'm just honest to my self and can't spend this much on something so shamelessly overpriced.

You know you're going to cave..it just is what it is. We are nuts y'know....:lol
Dammit :lol It's probably true. I think if I do I might use rewards points to ease the blow a bit. I've got like $50 or so saved currently which would make me feel a bit better about it. Plus if I flex it until next March it's not so bad..

I do too. I thought $200 for him was way to good to be true. I think rocket is way overpriced but I like this set a lot and will more than likely get it...unless there is a 5 pack that is reasonably priced

The ONLY thing that MIGHT SAVE US ALL is if the movie is a big let-down...
but I don't think that will be the case!:gah:

Preordered. **** it I want the set of five and this is the best way to start it.

Preordered. **** it I want the set of five and this is the best way to start it.
I really want Rocket and Groot the most. I wouldn't mind the other three if the film is really good but mostly those two and Star-Lord possibly. I dunno if we'll see a five pack personally. Hot Toys never did an Avengers pack which would have seemed pretty plausible given the film's popularity so I dunno if they'll do a five pack for the Guardians.

Does anyone think Groot appears to be made from anything that should suffer from early degradation?

The torso looks to bend so I think its rubber

I didn't realize both went up for order. I instantly ordered the 2 pack!

Back