1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Call me crazy, but I think these are smaller than your typical HT figures.

HTgrootrocket_zpse5dc6f16.png

The 2 pack seems to be pulling Rocket Racoon's size. If you go to Groot's individual page figure it shows his proper height on the size comparison.

He's essentially the size of a regular NECA figure with the same amount of detailing and sculpting.

Those are $16 bucks.

I agree completely- a nicely painted Neca figure with clothes and detailed weapon. Sorry folks look closely at the pics- very nice but not jaw-dropping $160 museum piece! I'm truly apalled by this pricing- imagine in hand how small and light this will be.....$160, OK I'm waking up at last....:lol

He's essentially the size of a regular NECA figure with the same amount of detailing and sculpting. Those are $16 bucks.

When a raccoon figure has Hot Toys written all over it the world goes slightly crazy. :panic:

I'd hold out for the 5 pack personally just to see what bonus stuff that has, probably that mini nuke weapon, prison outfits or team outfits

OK I'm waking up at last....:lol

You're having your Hot Toys pricing epiphany, welcome!

99QlsMw.gif

Just beware of jeff12burq and his forked tongue!

Rocket is about $100 overpriced given his size and simplicity. Groot seems surprisingly affordable given his 15"+ height. $300 for the pair would have been reasonable.

When a raccoon figure has Hot Toys written all over it the world goes slightly crazy. :panic:

No certifiable but HT is laughing all the way to the Ferrari dealer...

I really want to order especially given the price is not as bad as I thought it would be but I am going to wait to see if we get 5 pack...and wait to see the movie too

I agree completely- a nicely painted Neca figure with clothes and detailed weapon. Sorry folks look closely at the pics- very nice but not jaw-dropping $160 museum piece! I'm truly apalled by this pricing- imagine in hand how small and light this will be.....$160, OK I'm waking up at last....:lol
Did you really think it would be less though? I figured Rocket would be under $200 but I figured within the $130-$160 range. Personally I don't know about this set. I'd like it but it's a bit more than I wanted it to be. I may wait for a coupon and consider ordering them but I'm not one hundred percent committed to the idea yet.

I'm just going to make my own from a dead Racoon I find on the road. Maybe I'll whittle my own Groot.

Did you really think it would be less though? I figured Rocket would be under $200 but I figured within the $130-$160 range. Personally I don't know about this set. I'd like it but it's a bit more than I wanted it to be. I may wait for a coupon and consider ordering them but I'm not one hundred percent committed to the idea yet.

No not really- even if it was 120 I would balk. The price is insane but we always say that with every release- but this is one where it is slap-in-the-face ridiculous

Rocket's head and weapon look great. Everything else, I agree with the NECA comments. It's unfortunate because no matter how you sculpt fur, it'll always look like a toy. I was thinking maybe a combination of fake fur rooted on top of the sculpted fure would look great and hide some of the joints. I can't see HT ever doing that, Rocket is male so they'll never do fur unless he was female. You know how it is with HT.

I'm just going to make my own from a dead Racoon I find on the road. Maybe I'll whittle my own Groot.

Brillliant....great out of the box thinking!:clap

Back