1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 253 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

If that $280.00 is true I might be tempted. I love Groot and Rocket looks great when you put them together. I want to see Star Lord though, that's the deal breaker. I really hope that this movie does well. It could really bode well for a whole boat load of other properties.

I'm assuming the rights to Gladiator and the Shi'ar are with Fox, right?

@greygoose
Holo posted this for pricing in HK

The prices are:

Groot+Rocket, HKD$2200 = $280 USD
Groot only, HKD$1230 = $160 USD
Rocket only, HKD$930 = $120 USD

Don't believe they'll be that cheap until I see it.

A '1' hasn't been the first digit the retail price for a ht Marvel figure in awhile :lol

The luxury that Hot Toys has with this line is the fact that collectors will want to get all five characters to display together. They could easily price them lower to encourage people to buy more than they were planning too but Hot Toys knows that collectors are willing to pay the high prices regardless. :gah:

I really like the bases that come with these figures. They're going to look great together.

Oh absolutely! :hi5:

OK, I tried to fix the mess of what happened with these threads a bit. The Groot and Rocket threads were merged, while the Groot + Rocket thread (which was first a joke, but was then merged into another, more legit thread for both) was deleted. Now, all have been merged, and the first handful of posts contain pics and specs.

OK, I tried to fix the mess of what happened with these threads a bit. The Groot and Rocket threads were merged, while the Groot + Rocket thread (which was first a joke, but was then merged into another, more legit thread for both) was deleted. Now, all have been merged, and the first handful of posts contain pics and specs.

Yikes.....
but you the man K :hi5:

The only thing that might help keep the prices down are no actor likeness fees for these two. Actually, $120.00 would be about what I would expect for Rocket.
I thought Groot would be around $250.00. He's big but there are no actor license issues and the very minimal amount of accessories. Painting should not be that hard either.

Don't believe they'll be that cheap until I see it.

A '1' hasn't been the first digit the retail price for a ht Marvel figure in awhile :lol
I honestly don't see how Rocket by himself could be too high though. I would have to guess he'll be under $200 but who knows. Groot though I wouldn't be at all surprised to see for like $230ish or more. So I could see a tad over $300 being about right for the two pack but I guess we'll just have to see.

I definitely want Rocket Raccoon. If the 2 pack isn't too high I'll probably get that instead. Groot looks really good too.

Yeah in my opinion the two characters really work best together. I'd take Rocket by himself if it's too much for the two pack but I'd really like Groot to go alongside him.

if the 2-pack is MMS254 then I'll have to get Rocket, Groot and then Rocket&Groot, :gah:

The only thing that might help keep the prices down are no actor likeness fees for these two. Actually, $120.00 would be about what I would expect for Rocket.
I thought Groot would be around $250.00. He's big but there are no actor license issues and the very minimal amount of accessories. Painting should not be that hard either.

Ahh very good point :hi5: I'd be happy with those prices too

Back