Hot Toys gets POTA!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using the board affiliate links is what gets money to run this board, even so there has been discussion about having to add a subscription fee. So use the links and support offsetting the running costs of this board.

I didn't know that. I will use the bpard affilate links from now on.

Wait for Sideshow (and then use the board affiliate links to order).

I've always assumed that if I click on any of the banner links (like the current Hellboy and Abe Hot Toys figure banner under General Collectibles) and ordered something from that new window (like say the Dr. Zaius PF) that the board gets credit for the purchase.

Am I correct? :confused:

I just want to make sure that this board gets credit for my impending purchase of a certain trio of gorillas.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope the SS HT links go up as soon as these go up for PO, so I can buy them asap and help the board out too.

I've always assumed that if I click on any of the banner links (like the current Hellboy and Abe Hot Toys figure banner under General Collectibles) and ordered something from that new window (like say the Dr. Zaius PF) that the board gets credit for the purchase.

Am I correct? :confused:

You are correct, as long as you haven't got cookies disabled or have visited the SSC site through someone else's affiliate link since.

And I'll do my damnedest to have the links up as soon as possible - SSC makes it difficult since they don't post new banners for preorder items until the day after they preorder, but using any of the banner links above will do it.

I just had a thought!! I hope that when Hot Toys makes Zira, they get her outfit more screen accurate. For instance, I would like to see her green jacket with the correct seam placement for the sleeves and her hieroglyphs to be the right side up. Also, the brown underdress with a more accurate color and correct inner sleeves (which are sewn on a bias). But, if they don't do it, it's still cool to see them come up with another version of Zira.

IMG_5041.jpg

I just had a thought!! I hope that when Hot Toys makes Zira, they get her outfit more screen accurate. For instance, I would like to see her green jacket with the correct seam placement for the sleeves and her hieroglyphs to be the right side up. Also, the brown underdress with a more accurate color and correct inner sleeves (which are sewn on a bias). But, if they don't do it, it's still cool to see them come up with another version of Zira.

IMG_5041.jpg

You need to email that to Hot Toys Jess. I emailed them some suggestions and was surprised that they actually took the time to email me back. No diss to Sideshow but the times I emailed them when they were still producing the Apes, they never responded to me.

I think the HT Apes will sell really well. I read on another post, where I can't remember, that the Apes have an even bigger following in Asia then in the US.

I e-mailed them the quick sketch but have heard no reply...I know I'm jumping the gun but wouldn't it be better to do it right the first time for them if they do go down this path?

Anyway, it should be addressed because I used the Sideshow Zira green outfit as a reference for my own 1/1 scale costume. I had to re-do the sleeves after double checking screen references. I can easily sew a new one for my Sideshow Zira, no biggie, but what about the other fans that want their apes costumes to be screen accurate?

Last edited:
Wow! I just got an e-mail back from Hot Toys, and they are going to forward the reference to their creative team. I hope they do a great job on Zira.

I couldn't help it, but I also mentioned horses. You can't have a menacing gorilla army without horses. How else would they get good aim when shooting down the humans from the cornfields, right?

Wow! I just got an e-mail back from Hot Toys, and they are going to forward the reference to their creative team. I hope they do a great job on Zira.

I couldn't help it, but I also mentioned horses. You can't have a menacing gorilla army without horses. How else would they get good aim when shooting down the humans from the cornfields, right?

Thank the Lawgiver you're on the case! And if they forwarded it to their creative team, maybe it's an early clue that a Zira is in the works. A friend of mine and I were talking about these the other day and we're really wanting Zaius, Zira and Cornelius to go with those gorillas.

At least your getting a response. I emailed them twice and haven't heard a thing. :banghead

Thats incredible Jessica. I love that they took the time to email you a response. That's Customer Service. I'm starting to really like HT. :)

Checking Ebay, I've found several (Hong Kong) retailers are already taking pre-orders for Ursus(and the soldiers,I assume), which is good. The price range is between $110-$120, which is better. Guess they got a break on licenseing fees(thank Gahd!)...PS

Don't know if it's been mention yet or not, but Toys2 has the soldier for $130. For some reason the have the description for Ursus under him.

Don't know if it's been mention yet or not, but Toys2 has the soldier for $130. For some reason the have the description for Ursus under him.

WOW, don't pay that much. You can get him for around $100 on ebay plus shipping.

Toys2 usually charges more than some other vendors. If you're in the US, I'd wait until some of the other companies start listing their prices (I'm sure you'll save $15-20). Otherwise I'd order from Ebay.

I'm very happy to see the MANY people chiming in on these new ape threads. There are certainly more than 6 people showing an interest in the apes’ line. Who was that who recently said there were only 4-6 people looking at the apes’ thread(s)??? :angelsmil

I'm guessing $130 will be the Sideshow price as well, which means Ursus and the Gorilla Soldier can be had for around $115 or so from other retailers. Now come on Sideshow, get those pre-orders up! :tap

Back