Hot Toys gets POTA!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Teased in the newest newsletter. Wow, I never saw THAT coming! Cool! I hope they make a few versions of Taylor since SS totally overlooked him!:rotfl

Very cool move, HT!!!!!!!!

Didn't see this one coming.

I know a bunch of POTA fans will be very pleased with this announcement. Hot Toys will do this line some justcice.

So, HT seems to be picking up Sideshow's old 12" lines...first Hellboy, now Planet of the Apes. How long do you think it will take the LOTR crowd to seize on this as proof positive that HT will come to their rescue and complete the Fellowship? :D (and how quickly will people be able to point out that the new HT apes are versions of characters SSC has already produced, so their chances of getting Gimli et al are still negligible?)

I just hope Sideshow abandons the Indy line as soon as possible so that HT can give me a well-painted Indy on a body with decent scaled shoulders and without looseness issues!

Or SW, so we'll have the possibility of seeing some good 1:6 Chewbacca and droids in the near future.

it's funny, i JUST got into the sideshow line of POTA - glad i didn't go nuts on getting everything - hot toys, here we come!

of all the licences to get, HT are gonna make a bunch a damn dirty apes?!?!

With Hot Toys picking up the POTA line I hope that they also can get the Universal Monster 12" line. I would love to see what they would do with the Wolf Man and Frankensteins Monster.

Perhaps it's time to move the Save The Planet of the Apes thread over to the Hot Toys forum, where, apparently, THEY'VE been listening!!
Thank you Hot Toys. Now, I only hope I can afford your offerings.

Not my favourite franchise but a very very cool move for all the fans, 3 cheers for HT!
And yes, I will be picking up the Heston headsculpt!

I just can't imagine what improvements Hot Toys will bring to the Apes because I felt that most of Sideshow's apes were solid. I look forward to seeing them, but I doubt I'll buy them, The Sideshow Apes suit me just fine.

I just can't imagine what improvements Hot Toys will bring to the Apes because I felt that most of Sideshow's apes were solid. I look forward to seeing them, but I doubt I'll buy them, The Sideshow Apes suit me just fine.

i feel the same way. I have no doubt that Taylor will look superb, but i'm very curious to see what they can do with the Apes. Knowing Hot Toys though, they will all look outstanding. There have been so many advancements since the original Apes were released.

My feeling as well... aside from really loose feet on Zira I really like what Sideshow produced. But, Taylor was kind of the weak link so I would love to see an updated version of him.

Back