Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Mine is quite tight, with the exception of the ankles, but numerous elements seem to be either improperly assembled or in the process of falling apart.

To wit:

- Velcro tabs on the front of the body armour are pulling off (adhesive failing),

- Pistol won't really stay in the holster because one of the tabs holding it together is loose

- Loose threads that appear to be the result of fraying running underneath the zippered sections of the trousers

- One of the vambraces has unfinished stitching on the wrist-strap

- Stitching on the right-sleeve of the "arming shirt" is unfinished

- One of the elastic cords on the front of the shirt is sewn on crookedly

- Right-side shoulder-guard is partially detached from the strap holding it to the body armour (adhesive again, apparently)

- Bottom left-side strap of the back-pack seems to have worked itself free of its grommet.

My dealer informs me he's contacted Sideshow over it, but I've yet to hear back from them.

Inexcusable at that pricepoint.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Mine is quite tight, with the exception of the ankles, but numerous elements seem to be either improperly assembled or in the process of falling apart.

To wit:

- Velcro tabs on the front of the body armour are pulling off (adhesive failing),

- Pistol won't really stay in the holster because one of the tabs holding it together is loose

- Loose threads that appear to be the result of fraying running underneath the zippered sections of the trousers

- One of the vambraces has unfinished stitching on the wrist-strap

- Stitching on the right-sleeve of the "arming shirt" is unfinished

- One of the elastic cords on the front of the shirt is sewn on crookedly

- Right-side shoulder-guard is partially detached from the strap holding it to the body armour (adhesive again, apparently)

- Bottom left-side strap of the back-pack seems to have worked itself free of its grommet.

My dealer informs me he's contacted Sideshow over it, but I've yet to hear back from them.

That sucks man. I noticed the next day the adhesive on mine was coming off on the chest and shoulder too. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm working out a return with Sideshow now. I'm not going to bother with a replacement.

Inexcusable at that pricepoint.
I hope Sideshow agrees...

Heck, I think I've had fewer QC issues with most of my SSC Joes, come to think of it.

That sucks man. I noticed the next day the adhesive on mine was coming off on the chest and shoulder too. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm working out a return with Sideshow now. I'm not going to bother with a replacement.
Understandable. I really like this design, though, so I'm just hoping to get some replacement parts.

Heck, I think I've had fewer QC issues with most of my SSC Joes, come to think of it.

Not saying Sideshow doesn't have QC issues (their first SE needed a bodyswap and their latest, Timber is a big waste of articulation), they do, but it's just a shame that the best company in 1:6 has issues like that. Hopefully Sideshow won't be ***holes and pull the whole, "Refund or discount," BS. They should replace it with a better one... assuming there is a better one. :(

Not saying Sideshow doesn't have QC issues (their first SE needed a bodyswap and their latest, Timber is a big waste of articulation), they do, but it's just a shame that the best company in 1:6 has issues like that. Hopefully Sideshow won't be ***holes and pull the whole, "Refund or discount," BS. They should replace it with a better one... assuming there is a better one. :(

I was dusting my shelves earlier and that's what I thought too. My SSC Joes were geared up and displayed straight from the box to the detolf, save for SE v1 that I gave a body upgrade and sculpted head (that I consider a design flaw instead of a QC issue). I never had to glue anything before displaying, even the tiny magnets on Zartan's belt pouches -- one thing I almost always had to deal with HT with magnets/buckles such as DX07 Luke, Barney Ross, and Retaliation Snake Eyes.

I was dusting my shelves earlier and that's what I thought too. My SSC Joes were geared up and displayed straight from the box to the detolf, save for SE v1 that I gave a body upgrade and sculpted head (that I consider a design flaw instead of a QC issue). I never had to glue anything before displaying, even the tiny magnets on Zartan's belt pouches -- one thing I almost always had to deal with HT with magnets/buckles such as DX07 Luke, Barney Ross, and Retaliation Snake Eyes.

Since you mentioned SSC joes, how do they compare to these HT ones?

I plan on getting the new SSC Storm Shadow, but I'm not sure about SSC GI Joe quality.
I mean the proto looks nice, I'm just not sure how the production figure will be. :D

I plan on getting the new SSC Storm Shadow, but I'm not sure about SSC GI Joe quality.
I mean the proto looks nice, I'm just not sure how the production figure will be. :D

If Storm Shadow comes out as good as he looks, you've absolutely nothing to worry about. Sideshow's figures aren't near as fragile as HT figures.

If Storm Shadow comes out as good as he looks, you've absolutely nothing to worry about. Sideshow's figures aren't near as fragile as HT figures.

Good to hear :hi5: Can't wait for my very first Sideshow Joe!
I guess one thing remains the same, the waiting game.

In my experience Joes are as hardy as they come. I've never had the problems like I do with other figs where you open a pouch and it suddenly rips away from the material needing reglued. :lol

I've also never broke a spider-peg, I mean a peg. *ahem*

In my experience Joes are as hardy as they come. I've never had the problems like I do with other figs where you open a pouch and it suddenly rips away from the material needing reglued. :lol

I've also never broke a spider-peg, I mean a peg. *ahem*

piggg.jpg

:lol

Hopefully SSC won't pull a Boba Fett with Storm Shadow from proto to production.

piggg.jpg

:lol

Hopefully SSC won't pull a Boba Fett with Storm Shadow from proto to production.

Ey bud, I see that some of our fellow boardies have alreayd answered your question; but yeah, SSC Joes are of good quality as far as base bodies and tailoring are concerned. Bodies are sturdy, I'm just not a fan of how the knees work. Accessories are also well-made.

I'm hoping that SSC pulls off a Firefly scenario with Storm Shadow -- I hope they would include a second headsculpt with the camo pattern, or at least print a camo pattern on the sculpt that would come attached on the figure :)

Cool! Last non-clone SSC fig I bought was the ROTS ani! :lol
It seems I don't have to worry about anything.

wow 148 pages in and this thread is ice cold.

Seems like this storm shadow and snake eyes set has come and gone with hardly a whimper.

Movie suckage must really be hurting these....

Just got mine today and notice that the ankles are excessively loose. I can't even stand him up without the figure stand. Is this how it is for those of you who own him? Or did I just get one with loose ankles?

Just got mine today and notice that the ankles are excessively loose. I can't even stand him up without the figure stand. Is this how it is for those of you who own him? Or did I just get one with loose ankles?

I have 2 sets and both of then have loose ankles and they keep falling down without the figure stand.

Sorry to hear that, man. I think it's the first time I read about loose ankles on SE. I had my SE's pants tucked in so I saw the ankle joints and they're intact and tight. Can stand on its own, too.

got mine a while back, such a sick looking figure.
T5cBg1x.jpg

not too sure about getting storm shadow. I feel like all that white will turn yellow eventually.

These two look very good together. Loving the multiple options with both
I am finding though that both can have very wide and dynamic poses. Makes putting them together tough at times if the poses get too crazy

1E75CFA1-7C13-48E0-B0DB-388E6AD2F659-5178-0000039FE8C38806_zps07f6f840.jpg

591998D7-39DA-45CE-805A-66ED74554782-5178-000003A00B650613_zps2e153475.jpg

I finally had some time to open this guy up... I'm so happy. I had to wait until I got Storm Shadow before I could open Snake Eyes.

Just a couple thoughts, I'm wondering if you all are feeling the same way??

1) Can't stand the holster for the gun. It' doesn't seem secure and one kick from Snake eyes and it would go flying. I'm shocked they went the extent to put foam into the holster to retain it's shape when it really doesn't even fit the gun :slap:slap:slap

2) Is this body wearing those hip muscle attachments? I put this next to my T-800 and Snake Eyes thighs dwarf Arnie's!!!

3) What I did notice was the mix media in the pants being elastic, means he can still kick even though the pants are not loose fitting. Neat.

4) Daggers are junk

5) Love having the figure in my collection!!!

snakeeyes_zps10f301f9.jpg

Hi,i'd appreciate it if you could tell me which shot you like best if any. i want to post the best of the 3 on my photo page.

Last edited:
Back