1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure it’ll be improved in many aspects. They probably just hastily cobbled something together for the sake of having something to show at SDCC.

that's what I'm thinking happened......or atleast I hope so. I am intrigued by the design but it needs to be improved from what I saw at the Con to PO.

The fact that so many loved the Wolf Predator design despite the gawd awful movie suggests that as long as they nail the paint and HS then it will still sell well.
Heck even I have Wolf on pre-order and that movie suuuuuuuuuucked!
It’s all about context and character portrayal. Looking forward to watching the film now as it will be a Shane Black romp and I really like the idea of them hunting to upgrade. It could open up a new direction or at the very least keep the film flowing long enough to be entertaining. Word is that the re-shoots have actually improved the test screen audience’s feedback so there is still hope. Maybe all the tech armour and stuff doesn’t help so the predator goes back to basics Arnie style to take on the uber-pred. That would be cool as f-.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you there, love the wolf predator, my favorite predator look, the idea behind his character was really cool too, movie was horrible though.

It’s ironic because even though the AvP films as a whole weren’t that good (first actually was decent for me, I liked the concept of the pyramid buried in the Antarctic to serve as a Predator hunting training ground), Scar and Wolf are two of my favorite Predators.

I enjoyed some parts of the film, i love the wolf design and I like see him in action, the plot doesnt matter

Pretty much my sentiments as well. The only good parts were Wolf vs the Xenomorphs. The side plots sucked.

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to see any of the good parts because they were so dark.

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to see any of the good parts because they were so dark.

Turning my TV's brightness level all the way up really helps. Once Wolf is on-screen, the whole movie takes place overnight so it's not like you have to keep adjusting back and forth.

But yeah, I look at AVP:R as a Wolf's Greatest Hits video and I don't exactly hate the movie as much as most seem to. I still rank it higher than the first AVP, personally.

Turning my TV's brightness level all the way up really helps. Once Wolf is on-screen, the whole movie takes place overnight so it's not like you have to keep adjusting back and forth.

But yeah, I look at AVP:R as a Wolf's Greatest Hits video and I don't exactly hate the movie as much as most seem to. I still rank it higher than the first AVP, personally.

That’s exactly how I view it as well.

I don’t utterly loathe the film. I can still watch it in its entirety, but that’s because I approach it as being a Wolf Predator solo film without really paying attention to any of the other stuff. As an overall film, I actually liked the first AvP better. I found the concept of the Predator pyramid buried beneath the Antarctic used as a training ground to christen newly blooded Predators to be pretty cool.

As I mentioned earlier, while the AvP films are generally regarded by most as being forgettable, ironically, Scar and Wolf are two of my favorite individual Predators.

61c51a234ab07012ed00c72cf8c91353.jpg
a8f8a39969ccaaaaa7308e7f6aa2ee7c.jpg

I’m saving a spot for this guy and Wolf 2.0!

Me three.

76DE5357-DC7F-4CA6-9DE2-A69B9C35CB58.jpg
D66B9EA8-AE62-47C2-B1F3-093879100701.jpg
E76AFA90-A140-4A7A-B8A8-E07A4FC10448.jpg

My Wolf 2.0, a The Predator figure (likely this one) are the other ones that will be coming. And then a JH 2.0 is on my wishlist. The first one (sans the sculpt) just doesn’t hold up well next to all the 2.0 figures. Machiko was an earlier figure (MMS 74) and I personally think she holds up better with the 2.0 Preds than the MMS 90 JH.

Me too.
fbe3b336312cfbc5af843cbeeb21c047.jpg
8a3f0cca04f1b4bca51213ff8d8b29ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That looks bad a** brotha!! I have just one empty shelf left in one detolf for Wolf and this guy (Fugitive I guess is his name) when he comes out. I try to keep them in threes since that’s how the Predators seem to roll lol (AVP & Predators)

Me three.

View attachment 420391
View attachment 420392
View attachment 420393

My Wolf 2.0, a The Predator figure (likely this one) are the other ones that will be coming. And then a JH 2.0 is on my wishlist. The first one (sans the sculpt) just doesn’t hold up well next to all the 2.0 figures. Machiko was an earlier figure (MMS 74) and I personally think she holds up better with the 2.0 Preds than the MMS 90 JH.

Yeah I still have her and yes she does hold up well with the AVP 2.0 Predators. Nice figure by the way. As far as a 3rd Predator to add I’m debating on maybe a kitbash or custom to add. If not maybe they’ll make another Predator figure after the movie comes out and we see if there going to have other Predators in the movie besides the 2 so far in the trailers.

She is a nice figure indeed. Good quality and a striking sculpt for an earlier MMS release. To date she’s actually probably been the most time consuming figure for me to set up, with all the little intricate parts. Lex in AvP was loosely based on her so as far as my personal display goes, I like to think of her as essentially Scar’s protege, since she has the same scar on her cheek to denote she’s blooded and because Scar’s the one who crudely fashioned that Xenomorph skull shield for her.

I think I’m going to be unloading my original JH in the near future, so that’ll make more room for Wolf 2.0 and a Fugitive Predator. If I got a third (of what already exists), it’d either be a Celtic 2.0 or Ancient 2.0. Most seemed to despise them, but I liked the AvP designs.

She is a nice figure indeed. Good quality and a striking sculpt for an earlier MMS release. To date she’s actually probably been the most time consuming figure for me to set up, with all the little intricate parts. Lex in AvP was loosely based on her so as far as my personal display goes, I like to think of her as essentially Scar’s protege, since she has the same scar on her cheek to denote she’s blooded and because Scar’s the one who crudely fashioned that Xenomorph skull shield for her.

I think I’m going to be unloading my original JH in the near future, so that’ll make more room for Wolf 2.0 and a Fugitive Predator. If I got a third (of what already exists), it’d either be a Celtic 2.0 or Ancient 2.0. Most seemed to despise them, but I liked the AvP designs.

I agree, she fits the AVP world (essentially that clan with them having the same marking), Wolf is from the AVP world but not the same clan, so that's why I'd put him with the Fugitive and maybe a 2nd one if they unveil another one from the new movie.

Back