1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the JH from the original was the real “ Fugitive “

Didn’t they say he was sent to Earth as punishment in Predator lore :dunno

it was not Predator lore. it was stupid jajuja fans lore.

I always thought the JH from the original was the real “ Fugitive “

Didn’t they say he was sent to Earth as punishment in Predator lore :dunno

Wait, where was this stated?

This predator is actually starting to really grow on me too after looking at all the pics. I still like the tribal look of the older preds more but this guy definitely stand out visually.

My sentiments as well.

the shape of that left elbow is odd, looks like it could be a double joint, or has a very bulbous sculpt that will look off when the arm is at rest
yeah I thought so too, probably cause its a prototype slapped together quickly to showcase at the con. Hopefully they improve on the elbowjoints from what we are seeing here.

The new look is growing on to me, I wonder if after the movie they’re gonna make a Ultimate Predator figure. That be huge!!

I was just thinking that too. If they did it would have to be like Hulk buster size almost to be of proper scale.

But I agree, the look is growing on me, not my favorite design by far but it is growing on me as a stark contrast to the other preds on the shelf.

This one looks much more like the Predator version of special forces or something. All that tactical looking armor and such.

How does the helmet look sloppy. Paint job or something, I'm not seeing it?

Partially due to the paintjob, but mostly the sculpt. Film helmet has sharper details with deeper crevices between all the different panels. Figure helmet appears to be a bit softer. Not as much of a relief. Gold also pops more on the film helmet, feels more reflective.

Maybe it's a shortcoming of the medium, but I would think Hot Toys can pull off a shinier finish on the armor.

The joints look terrible, and the figure looks cheap, I mean, like the early preds from hot toys with those horrible bodies and joints that look like toys...
Dont like it at all, and prototypes usually ended better than the final product...

I’m sure it’ll be improved in many aspects. They probably just hastily cobbled something together for the sake of having something to show at SDCC.

The fact that so many loved the Wolf Predator design despite the gawd awful movie suggests that as long as they nail the paint and HS then it will still sell well.
Heck even I have Wolf on pre-order and that movie suuuuuuuuuucked!
It’s all about context and character portrayal. Looking forward to watching the film now as it will be a Shane Black romp and I really like the idea of them hunting to upgrade. It could open up a new direction or at the very least keep the film flowing long enough to be entertaining. Word is that the re-shoots have actually improved the test screen audience’s feedback so there is still hope. Maybe all the tech armour and stuff doesn’t help so the predator goes back to basics Arnie style to take on the uber-pred. That would be cool as f-.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Fugitive is a female Pred? Or are there two wearing this kind of armor because the figure looks no different than a Male Pred, so I’m not seeing the point of making her a female just for the sake of equality.

So Fugitive is a female Pred? Or are there two wearing this kind of armor because the figure looks no different than a Male Pred, so I’m not seeing the point of making her a female just for the sake of equality.

I was reading articles about this last night, which is the first I’ve heard that it was revealed at SDCC that a female Predator is being introduced in this film.

Seemed like they were insinuating that this particular Fugitive Predator is a female Predator (or at least she wears similar armor to this one). Some of those articles were even stating that since Hillary Clinton didn’t win, that this is the consolation prize and the next best thing. Based on hyperbolic statements like that, I’d be willing to bet that some of the authors of these articles weren’t even privy that a Predator film was even coming out, or if they were, couldn’t care less until it was revealed that one of them would be female so that way they can now politicize it.

Ah ok. If there was one I think it would have been pretty interesting myself. However, just the way they were reportedly allegedly going about it by essentially saying, oh this one is a female by the way, was a bit odd.

Back