Hot Toys Foray into SW 1/6 and unrelenting release schedule

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1

Super Freak
Reaction score
My opening gambit is to caveat the fact that I haven't started a thread before so please don't lambast me for taking up valuable forum space :slap This is a place for discussion rather than stroking each other's golden shiny balls.

I digress...

For all those naysayers who were stating implicitly that we wouldn't see 'FOR MANY YEARS IF AT ALL EVER' HT SW Figures such as TIE fighter pilot, Scout Trooper, R2D2 etc. Well the fact we now have Darth Vader, Obi One Ben and a freaking Black Hole variant trooper and possibly Booba Fett, its only a matter of a SHORT time.

Don't all rush at once.

The Pre-Cancel Crusader.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Versus Sideshow 1/6

So we have the Tie Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper and R2 D2 from Hot Toys? When did that happen : huh

So we have the Tie Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper and R2 D2 from Hot Toys? When did that happen : huh

erm.. the OP doesn't actually say that, he says it's just a matter of time.. although I agree its a little unclear ..and the tone is rather confrontational for the post starting a thread.
:dunno

Apologies for the confrontational nature.

What ck1 confrontational... no way :lol

I will freely admit I'm very surprised by how quickly HT is announcnig figures and getting some of the heavy hitters out there. I still think a number of the lower priortiy figures will take a long time or not be released; so still feel confident in my current pre-orders and in keeping aliens, non-Boba Fett Bounty Hunters, etc.

Apologies for the confrontational nature.

No worries :hi5:

What ck1 confrontational... no way :lol

I will freely admit I'm very surprised by how quickly HT is announcnig figures and getting some of the heavy hitters out there. I still think a number of the lower priortiy figures will take a long time or not be released; so still feel confident in my current pre-orders and in keeping aliens, non-Boba Fett Bounty Hunters, etc.

Yup.. 2014 has been the best of times (figure announcements) and the worst of times (working out how to pay) for Collectors. :lol

I think with the new Star Wars film being released next year, it makes a lot of sense for Hot Toys to kinda splurge classic product in the short term.. to help recoup some of what that license must have cost to obtain and make hay while the market is hot.. 1/4 Boba.. it will be mine.. oh yes...

There is no way they can keep up this pace and either financially make it work(there sales will take massive hits) or ship them for years.

Now the reality, some of these figures were likely to be the next SS/HT collaboration (see chewy) and were likely made for some time. Also it's very likely HT started to build up a some more prototypes in order to try and win the license. Now that they have won they are blowing the entire wad and will very soon return to more normal release schedule.

This is the fun part: seeing all this great merchandise but not having to pay for it for a year. Next year will be brutal when the cuts have to be made for marital bliss.

My opening gambit is to caveat the fact that I haven't started a thread before so please don't lambast me for taking up valuable forum space :slap This is a place for discussion rather than stroking each other's golden shiny balls.

I digress...

For all those naysayers who were stating implicitly that we wouldn't see 'FOR MANY YEARS IF AT ALL EVER' HT SW Figures such as TIE fighter pilot, Scout Trooper, R2D2 etc. Well the fact we now have Darth Vader, Obi One Ben and a freaking Black Hole variant trooper and possibly Booba Fett, its only a matter of a SHORT time.

Don't all rush at once.

The Pre-Cancel Crusader.

I'm really interested in seeing this Booba Fett and Obi One Ben...

Hot Toy...................VS................. Sideshow
20-kohlkojudsonip0.gif

We will find out soon enough...... When episode VII figures start to hit!

This is the fun part: seeing all this great merchandise but not having to pay for it for a year. Next year will be brutal when the cuts have to be made for marital bliss.

Isn't that the truth!!!

Okay - when HT Han Solo and SSC X-Wing Luke both ship - let's have this conversation again. But until then - it seems it's just Sideshow bashing.

Just have to hope that Hot Toys deliver on their first wave of SW figures. They've wanted the SW license for a long time so now it's time to deliver quality SW figures.

yup. they sure have announced alot in a short period of time.

Though "announced" and "released" are two very VERY different things.

There is no way they can keep up this pace and either financially make it work(there sales will take massive hits) or ship them for years.

Now the reality, some of these figures were likely to be the next SS/HT collaboration (see chewy) and were likely made for some time. Also it's very likely HT started to build up a some more prototypes in order to try and win the license. Now that they have won they are blowing the entire wad and will very soon return to more normal release schedule.

there is probably a GREAT DEAL of wisdom and hypothetical truth in that.

i concur. because if they keep this up, they're gonna loose ALOt of business, simply as people will be forced to pick and choose. the number of people who CAN keep up with that sort of release schedule.. well.. lets just say there are not many who could do so for an extended period of time.

Okay - when HT Han Solo and SSC X-Wing Luke both ship - let's have this conversation again. But until then - it seems it's just Sideshow bashing.

Hello Mr Dave, no SS bashing going on here, I'm going to change the thread title to HTs relentless release schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back