Hot Toys Foray into SW 1/6 and unrelenting release schedule

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
even with this onslaught, i feel little pressure to buy anything other than chewie.

Becuase if their other lines are ANY indication, hot toys will do SEVERAL rehashes of the same character.

How many jokers and batmans did they do? :lol

wonder if we will get a rubber suit vader, like they did with arkham batman

As a Fett and clone collector, I'll be happy with my ARC echo, fives, Rex, and Fett PF. the ONLY thing I am excited for from hot toys is the 1/4 scale ROTJ Fett, so unless hot toys puts out Jedi Luke or some republic commandos, it will be sideshow> hot toys for me

Yay LeeAnna Vamp! :p Back OT, I don't feel like there is any kind of crush of POs with this line. Seems pretty reasonable to me, I guess because I don't feel much pressure to get anything beyond Solo and Chewie. I may get 1/4 Boba and Stormtroopers down the road, but not sure yet.

Re: Hot Toys Versus Sideshow 1/6

How's this BOOBa Fett?

normal_sdcc-female-fett.jpg

And I'm pre-unsubscribing this thread ck1. :pfft:

Oh yes, I'd collect the hell out of that!

there is plenty of room for both SST and Hot Toys within the Star Wars realm... it isn't an "either / or"... it is an "in addition to"...

if anything, Medicom is going to feel the pinch.

even with this onslaught, i feel little pressure to buy anything other than chewie.

Becuase if their other lines are ANY indication, hot toys will do SEVERAL rehashes of the same character.

How many jokers and batmans did they do? :lol

wonder if we will get a rubber suit vader, like they did with arkham batman

Hot toys NEEDS to make iron men. There is so much untapped potential. :lecture. I bet they could do a simple repaint, charge double and the sheep would line up.

Hot toys NEEDS to make iron men. There is so much untapped potential. :lecture. I bet they could do a simple repaint, charge double and the sheep would line up.

Companies need to make money from the populist releases you dislike so much.. so they can release the niche figures that few people actually buy, including the fanboys who demanded them, and then nitpick about the release.. there is no benefit to catering for novelty junkies either.

Companies need to make money from the populist releases you dislike so much.. so they can release the niche figures that few people actually buy, including the fanboys who demanded them, and then nitpick about the release.. there is no benefit to catering for novelty junkies either.

I don't dislike iron man at all, quite the opposite. I have some of the ht figures. I just enjoy reading the comments with ht entering the ht market. They are amusing to say the least.

Still can't wait for HT Jedi Luke. Boba Fett, and Yoda.

I don't dislike iron man at all, quite the opposite. I have some of the ht figures. I just enjoy reading the comments with ht entering the ht market. They are amusing to say the least.

Fair enough, using the term 'sheep' as a pejorative about other Collectors however, is confrontational.

Fair enough, using the term 'sheep' as a pejorative about other Collectors however, is confrontational.

It seemed appropriate when the same people who mocked sideshow for doing a shadow stormy are gobbling up the ht version.

It seemed appropriate when the same people who mocked sideshow for doing a shadow stormy are gobbling up the ht version.

Again a fair point, albeit rather more specific than the original sweeping generalisation..not sure how many Collectors that would apply to anyway.. how long ago was the Sideshow figure released?.. I know I bought mine on the secondary market.. also the HT figure's armor looks glossy in the publicity pics, whereas Sideshow's has a fairly matt finish.

Again a fair point, albeit rather more specific than the original sweeping generalisation..not sure how many Collectors that would apply to anyway.. how long ago was the Sideshow figure released?.. I know I bought mine on the secondary market.. also the HT figure's armor looks glossy in the publicity pics, whereas Sideshow's has a fairly matt finish.

I think it came out a year ago.

Plus the argument wasn't about the sheen of the armor. It was about ss milking the standard stormy figure for more money. When ss does it it's bad, when got toys does it it's innovative and ground breaking. Just like repainting iron man armor 35 times. Or selling half the armor as an exclusive.

If ht fans ever hit a carnival, those carnies would be happy people.

I think it came out a year ago.

Plus the argument wasn't about the sheen of the armor. It was about ss milking the standard stormy figure for more money. When ss does it it's bad, when got toys does it it's innovative and ground breaking. Just like repainting iron man armor 35 times. Or selling half the armor as an exclusive.

If ht fans ever hit a carnival, those carnies would be happy people.

To be fair, HT have not repainted the same armor 35 times and they didn't design the armor variants in the first place.. they are simply marketing figures that people want and buy.. I have no brand prejudice, I am happy to buy figures from both companies.. and both companies do churn their most successful licenses, I do not have a problem with that either.
The genuinely profitable licenses are few and far between.. and only Iron Man and Star Wars have a reasonable number of figures I would collect.. most other licenses are limited to one or two iconic figures, which is not much of a business model for suppliers to focus on... but that is personal taste.

I managed to find the release date for Sideshow's Militaries of Star Wars Blackhole Stormtrooper - 2011.

To be fair, HT have not repainted the same armor 35 times and they didn't design the armor variants in the first place.. they are simply marketing figures that people want and buy.. I have no brand prejudice, I am happy to buy figures from both companies.. and both companies do churn their most successful licenses, I do not have a problem with that either.
The genuinely profitable licenses are few and far between.. and only Iron Man and Star Wars have a reasonable number of figures I would collect.. most other licenses are limited to one or two iconic figures, which is not much of a business model for suppliers to focus on... but that is personal taste.

I managed to find the release date for Sideshow's Militaries of Star Wars Blackhole Stormtrooper - 2011.

Seemed more recent than that. I apologize.

This is clearly an agree to disagree situation. It does baffle me why one would join a forum called " sideshow freaks" and do nothing but bash said company while proclaiming that hot toys can do no wrong. Guess I'm showing my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back