Hot Toys Foray into SW 1/6 and unrelenting release schedule

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Versus Sideshow 1/6

Looking at what is potentially scheduled for next year I honestly do not know where to start! I am certainly wanting the Han/Chewbacca and Stormtrooper from Hot Toys. But I must have a biker scout and Fives too.
I have all the clone commanders in phase 2 so i would like Rex, but then i feel Echo would be required too.
I love the new R2D2 too, but the best new item hitting early next year is the Tauntaun. That looks amazing but i would then need a Hoth Luke or Han for with it!

I am also in the process of trying to move to a bigger house! I will need one and a MASSIVE pay rise too.

It makes me sad to know how relatively little I make a month to not be able to afford this. :lol

Are you guys really gonna buy all these? o_O

Just have to hope that Hot Toys deliver on their first wave of SW figures. They've wanted the SW license for a long time so now it's time to deliver quality SW figures.

They delivered on Bespin Luke, reg head could have been better... but the rest of him is badass. And he was loaded with extras, makes me confident they will continue to deliver on SW.

I'm a bit sad to see my Sideshow figures becoming obsolete, but **** it, that's the nature of collecting. But, I can't see any company topping Hot Toys when it comes to 1/6 figures in the foreseeable future; so I can at least be content in my purchases until HT does a v2 of all the Star Wars figures I've bought from them :lol

So many in one year my head is spinning I foresee delays on these at this rate.let's just see how han and chewie fair as far as being on time.

they delivered on bespin luke, reg head could have been better... But the rest of him is badass. And he was loaded with extras, makes me confident they will continue to deliver on sw.

I'm a bit sad to see my sideshow figures becoming obsolete, but **** it, that's the nature of collecting. But, i can't see any company topping hot toys when it comes to 1/6 figures in the foreseeable future; so i can at least be content in my purchases until ht does a v2 of all the star wars figures i've bought from them :lol
Stop Sideshow bashing!

They delivered on Bespin Luke, reg head could have been better... but the rest of him is badass. And he was loaded with extras, makes me confident they will continue to deliver on SW.

I'm a bit sad to see my Sideshow figures becoming obsolete, but **** it, that's the nature of collecting. But, I can't see any company topping Hot Toys when it comes to 1/6 figures in the foreseeable future; so I can at least be content in my purchases until HT does a v2 of all the Star Wars figures I've bought from them :lol

Interesting point regarding v2 of figures. If Disney are looking to churn out movies every couple of years i would imagine they will want merchandise to be current. I would expect more Hans and Lukes, but they have several other outfits to attempt for each. I would like to think we will not see a Joker situation. Star Wars has a far richer and diverse character pool for them to make money from.

Wish I had picked Luke up at the time. :(

A great figure, and really 2 great figures :lol

Stop Sideshow bashing!

Never... #Sideshowhater4lilfe

Interesting point regarding v2 of figures. If Disney are looking to churn out movies every couple of years i would imagine they will want merchandise to be current. I would expect more Hans and Lukes, but they have several other outfits to attempt for each. I would like to think we will not see a Joker situation. Star Wars has a far richer and diverse character pool for them to make money from.

I'm mostly joking... mostly. But bear in mind I just placed and order for the v2 Elder Predator; so :huh

I do hope that HT doesn't see the need to redo any of these figures... the original Joker needed it as the head sucked, they took care of it with the Bank Robber since most of us used that head on the OG Joker. But hey, no fault in making a DX right... that should do it. Oh, a 2nd DX of the Joker you say... hmm :lol Well I guess then we at least need one more Bank Robber, why not :lecture

well you can get luke and leia when there released

Bring em on!

There's no way I'll buy all the Hot Toys figures, but I do love seeing them released regardless

I can see there being a resurgence in interest in the 'earlier' Sideshow releases. I would love them next to my 'V2' HT ones and those sitting next to my 12 inch Kenners and then 6 in. Kenner... The evolution of each figure.

Leia is conspicuously missing from SS and HT's schedules. Seems due to change soon.

I'd love to see her in a Hoth outfit but her ANH dress and hair or slave gear are more iconic.

Re: Hot Toys Versus Sideshow 1/6

I'm really interested in seeing this Booba Fett and Obi One Ben...

I'd like to see a BOOBa Fett and Obi ONE too.

How's this BOOBa Fett?

normal_sdcc-female-fett.jpg

And I'm pre-unsubscribing this thread ck1. :pfft:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back