Hot Toys First Blood Rambo, Rocky, Mr. T

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edinho Maga`s Rocky Balboa Statue is now available for sale,limited to 30 pieces and only available through him,not through Hollywood Collectibles.

he will send me some pics later...

Edinho Maga`s Rocky Balboa Statue is now available for sale,limited to 30 pieces and only available through him,not through Hollywood Collectibles.

he will send me some pics later...

Pricing? Where to go to buy it from him? Details Rock, c'mon man :lol

I was just breaking balls, but when you know the details it would be appreciated, if I miss out it'll be ok but it would be cool to get that piece as a companion to his Rambo.

Somebody give me some new rocky news!!!

I think it's over buddy. There hasn't been a new Rocky figure released in two years and HT just released information on future figs and nothing was mentioned about Rocky or Rambo. Hope am wrong but even if i wasn't were looking at a long wait for future Rocky figs. I guess HT believes there just isn't enough interest in Rocky to continue the line. A really bad sign is that HT Rambo figs were hot sellers and sold out and HT hasn't released a Rambo fig in over two years:horror

I think I mentioned that I received the Rocky Balboa figure but it arrived with a broken arm. Well, Edhino made good on his word and replaced it. And I can honestly say that I believe the paint job on this on is better than the one on his site. I believe he is using a another artist. And it is really interesting how two artist can paint the same statue and have such different results. I will post some pictures this weekend when I have some free time.

Balboa_close_up.jpg
]
Here is my Balboa staute. Sorry about the quality of the image. I guess I had too much coffee today.

From a straight forward view the likeness looks good but from the side it falls apart for me. Also the body proportions look really weird. Especially the torso/midsection but really the entire body looks too elongated.

From a straight forward view the likeness looks good but from the side it falls apart for me. Also the body proportions look really weird. Especially the torso/midsection but really the entire body looks too elongated.

It's the body of an old man! Really, the proportions of the body change with age, even on a worked out body. It's just that we are not used to seeing many aged bodies exposed since people at that age rarely show it off.

It's the body of an old man! Really, the proportions of the body change with age, even on a worked out body. It's just that we are not used to seeing many aged bodies exposed since people at that age rarely show it off.

:confused: I have no idea what you're talking about!?

1. Our bodies shrink with age. We don't magically become taller.

2. It has nothing to do with being "used to seeing many aged bodies" because this is specifically based on someone who's SEEN in the exact same outfit. So we all know what he's supposed to look like. There's numerous source pics + the film. So that statement is irrelevant.

rockybalboat.jpg

I'm with Devil on this. He's a talented sculptor, the portrait's nice, the detailing of the body is nice, but the overall body shape and proportions don't seem like Stallone at any age. The statue looks like the body of someone like 6'6" and Stallone's nowhere near that.

I love Edinho's Rambo statue, and especially for the price it's a great buy, but as pricey as the Rocky Balboa one is, there's just enough wrong with it I can't bring myself to buy it, even though I would love a companion to the Rambo statue.

I hope his 1/4 scale Rambo 2 turns out well, that'd be awesome.

The human form should be 8.5 heads tall. And that is exactly what the statue is. It is based on an older man's body. But even at Stallones' age then, he was in much better shape then men half his age. I like the realism of it. I opted for this, rather than the HT ones that I thought were slick, but didn't have the Stallone's likeness. If HT ever comes out with a Rocky 1 then I'm there!

I would wager then that the head is probably oversized. The body on the statue, even if scaled for head to body, just doesn't look like Stallone's body to me. Even Hot Toys figures look slimmer and taller than Stallone though, but that's more acceptable for the price difference and the fact those never use unique bodies, but a statue sculpted entirely should be closer in scale.

I thought the overall body size on the RAMBO statue came out much closer to Sly, looks like a shorter, bulkier mass guy and really, the Rocky Balboa should be about identical.

10.jpg

Oh yea? Kidding. I showed the pics to some of my students, I teach college level art, and someone said that they thought the head looked like it was too small. Eye of the beholder I guess.

That is the best image I have seen of the Rambo statue. That rocks!

Back