Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure

Undetachable face mask? Well, I'm going to say what we're all thinking. Pu**ies... would it kill them to improvise a little? Certainly hasn't stopped them from doing so on every other release. All I can take solace in is that nifty 1/6 Predator skull... that and the possibility of getting a Falcon SSC Exclusive, even though WE REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

Wait a tic... why don't we just complain to HT? Falconer's still in the prototype phase. Remember how many changes they made to Berserker since the first spec shots? For what it's worth, we should all just send e-mails to HT begging them to at least make the mask removable... and possibly, to give us a Falcon.

I doubt it would work man. The prototype berserker pictures were never on the offical Hottoys page, but this is offical now. No changes can be done. I hope i'm wrong though.

Like someone mentioned in the Royce thread, most likely the reason for it not being removable is because the movie studios want it kept that way.

Licensing is a very complicated area to go into and most of the time, when HT make some decisions that might seem really strange to us, it might actually be out of their control.

One popular example is ETB Mr Bean. That figure was delayed because Rowan Atkinson wasn't happy with the first sculpt which in his opinion looks a little too old and fat. Hence ETB had to redo the sculpt with the artist requested modification, i.e younger, thinner.

You will be surprised at how often an actor will want their figure to actually look more flattering than their real life counterpart.

The prototype Berserker pics (the spec ones, I mean) were on the HT page from the very beginning, I think. Anyhow, I sent them an e-mail through their contact form. It's a long shot, but they've set things right in the past. I'd recommend to anyone who wanted this guy to do the same. Strength in numbers and all that good stuff.

...and they will most definitely be doing Tracker. Doesn't make any difference to me, if they handle him the same way they did here. And I care more about Falconer than him. Sigh... :gah:

I understand your logic/opinion. However, if we use that logic, than none of the armor should be removable either since we never see the skin on his thighs/chest under the thigh/chest armor, right? The same can be said for any HT 12" scale figure with clothing/armor accessory. Why are Dutch's pants removable and not sculpted? (Please no wise cracks :) ) Why are all layers of HT Bank Robber Joker's clothes removable? The reason: because the more realistic/life-like and the more detailed the product is, the more high-end it is. Even if the skin/clothes under a specific piece of armor/clothing is not seen on-screen, it doesn't mean HT shouldn't reproduce it in their figures. (After all, they've done a good job of it so far.)

Having said that, certain non-removable pieces of armor/clothing do not concern me. Such as boots/shoes/predator sandals or hand gloves. A mask is entirely different story.

As far as what the Falconer's face would look like. I think its safe to imagine that could be the same sculpt as berserker with a paint job that matches the colors on falconer's body.

Apples and oranges. Removing a piece of armour on his leg will reveal a leg which looks like, well, a leg. Same goes for an arm or whatever. You're talking about a face that has unique characteristics (sp?). In this case, the face was never shown. For all we know it could be exactly the same as the rest or something else. They never showed it.

I see the FIASCO is off to a good start....:lol

I bet the Bio re-casters are really pissed...

I swear, if this guy costs $195 I'm gonna be so pissed... either that, or I'll order off Alter or Razor's Edge -- just like I did with Berserker :D. But they had better fix this thing.

This one looks mighty fine.
Damn, looks like I'm going to be ordering more than one pred...

Personally, I don't mind the fact that the mask in non-removable.

I still think that the removeable bios were really awesome. They were some of the biggest selling points for me on the AVP Predators.

I say the odds are good, but if it is released it will probably be the last figure in the "Predators" set. I think they would upgrade the body (i.e. better joints on the arms/legs and a torso like the berserker/falconer). The mask would also be the battle-damaged version seen in the movie.

How soon do you roughly think they will release that classic pred? I was just wondering since I'm planning to space out my finances to make the appropriate purchases in the meantime :)

Also, what was wrong with the body from the original predator that they'd upgrade it to begin with? Will it ONLY be a battle damaged mask and no odds of a clean/non-battle damaged one?

PS : Sorry for posting an unrelated question in this thread but I'd rather get this question answered here rather than start a whole new thread about it.

Last edited:

Falcon may be an SS Exclusive accessory...no?

Out of curiosity. How many of you would actually display it with the mask off? Or is this some sort of entitlement thing? :dunno

I like to pose them without the bios. I have 14 HT Preds on display, and only 3 of them are wearing their bios.

How soon do you roughly think they will release that classic pred? I was just wondering since I'm planning to space out my finances to make the appropriate purchases in the meantime :)

Also, what was wrong with the body from the original predator that they'd upgrade it to begin with? Will it ONLY be a battle damaged mask and no odds of a clean/non-battle damaged one?

PS : Sorry for posting an unrelated question in this thread but I'd rather get this question answered here rather than start a whole new thread about it.

No idea really. HT's announcements and release dates are hard to pin down. And we're not even sure they will release another Classic pred. If they were to release one I'd say it probably be some time summer next year. But again that's just a "shot in the dark" estimate as there's no guarantee they will make another one.

Nothing's "wrong" with the original P1 pred. I love that figure. But nothing's perfect and it can always be improved upon. For one, I prefer the elbow joints on the Berserker/Falconer pred than the ones used on the P1 pred.

Maybe im crazy but i prefer a non removable mask instead of a Berserker repaint face.

Makes Berserker even more unique.

I think it looks great, but come on! GIVE US THE FALCON!

:lecture.................the price better be less than Berserker and i hope the Ex will be the Falcon, but otherwise i am happy with what they did. You guys all complain about not having a removable mask, but how many were gonna display it that way? Its a fail to not have the Falcon, but the stupd AVP Preds with the same stupid face was..........well stupid when they never removed their masks to begin with.

Back