Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

Just picked up Falconer. Like most I was not hugely impressed after initial pics of this guy, but with the announcement of tracker, decided it was better to pick up Falconer sooner better then later.

Guess what?

It is now my new favorite Predator. The paint work is especially beautiful. The Flash killed it in allot of the earlier posted pics and IMO really gives a false impression of this awesome predator. My pics are a little darker, but hopefully show him off in a way that is more appealing.

IMG_0206.jpg
I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way. :)
Seeing this guy in-hand removes all the skepticism.

Thanks for sharing the pics and :welcome:.

Here's something I did to display the falcon in a way I thought looked nicer. I just took the little plug piece, drilled a hole in it, and put a plastic peg thru it that fits in the spot on the falcon. So now he just sits nice and snug on the shoulder, much better! At least I think so.

falconerht01.jpg

I also added this bit of leather strap on the right leg, since hot toys didn't bother putting it there. Ugh...

falconerht02.jpg

Here's something I did to display the falcon in a way I thought looked nicer. I just took the little plug piece, drilled a hole in it, and put a plastic peg thru it that fits in the spot on the falcon. So now he just sits nice and snug on the shoulder, much better! At least I think so.

I also added this bit of leather strap on the right leg, since hot toys didn't bother putting it there. Ugh...

That looks awesome, especially the Falcon peg :) .

Amazing work once again my man. Great job! :clap

They didn't decide to make the falcon until after the prototype was made so they wouldn't have had time I suppose.

Eh..i refuse to believe this was the case, i think they had planned to give us the falcon all along and that this was just a ploy to make them look good.

HOT TOYS
"Yes we know he is spensive figure and we have many sadness we could not give you real like face, but look we listen to our fan's and now we include much request falcon accessory"

All just a ploy if you ask me.

Eh..i refuse to believe this was the case, i think they had planned to give us the falcon all along and that this was just a ploy to make them look good.

HOT TOYS
"Yes we know he is spensive figure and we have many sadness we could not give you real like face, but look we listen to our fan's and now we include much request falcon accessory"

Why not just include it in the first place then to counter the no face problem?
No falcon pi$$ed alot of Hot Toys fans off last year.

Why not just include it in the first place then to counter the no face problem?
No falcon pi$$ed alot of Hot Toys fans off last year.

Your missing the point:dunno

If it were there in the first place it would not have been viewed as a counter to the no face...do you get what i'm saying?

Blade3327 will agree with me on this:)

Your missing the point:dunno

If it were there in the first place it would not have been viewed as a counter to the no face...do you get what i'm saying?

Blade3327 will agree with me on this:)

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Watch out for the guy on the grass knoll.

My falconer fits in the detolf with the falcon, you just have to pose him in a more aggressive stance with his knees bent a bit.

HOT TOYS

That's a good possibility, but the implementation of the falcon suggests otherwise:

- Why not have the wings fold back? HT could have used a simple hinge to have the wings of the falcon articulate and fold back.

- Why isn't there a way to allow docking of the falcon on Falconer's shoulder? Both figures may be using the same left shoulder armor but HT was able to create a mount for Berserker's plasma caster.

- Why does the packaging have the falcon sitting right on top in its own tray, stickered to the main tray, instead of inside the package with everything else? If the falcon's tray wasn't there, you wouldn't even notice.

All three questions have the same answer...there wasn't enough time.

I don't sculpt or paint. But in the hands of an experienced artist and for those doing it as a full-time job, I'd imagine the falcon we currently have could be created in less than a week.

Back