1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice quick review.

I can understand why people feel EG Cap is the definitive Cap figure, but I just can’t get into this figure at all. It may not bother others, but I really just think HT bungled the suit on this one, imo. That chest plate to me is just all sorts of wrong. While CW Cap has its flaws, I think it is a bit more striking on the shelf than this figure; mostly due to the suit I think looking more accurate than this one, and I think the regular CW Cap version has the nicest shield out of any of the Cap figures.

Nice quick review.

I can understand why people feel EG Cap is the definitive Cap figure, but I just can?t get into this figure at all. It may not bother others, but I really just think HT bungled the suit on this one, imo. That chest plate to me is just all sorts of wrong. While CW Cap has its flaws, I think it is a bit more striking on the shelf than this figure; mostly due to the suit I think looking more accurate than this one, and I think the regular CW Cap version has the nicest shield out of any of the Cap figures.

That is the unanimous opinion regarding the Endgame Cap figure. This is the definitive suit to a large amount of people, but Hot Toys dropped the ball with the figure itself. Not an unpopular opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found on insta. Not too thrilled..

70123552_669009333576250_3931557779620302375_n.jpg
67419968_588352355032033_6859600271762006367_n.jpg
67437895_127202248601413_6934085099367466091_n.jpg

Don't understand the retardation that went behind that shield.

You'd have to be blind. Watching the biggest movie of the decade. And be supported by an entire crew of equally blind QC executives to pull off such a monumental mistake.

Pisses me off.

After watching the review and seeing it next to IW...the neck is way to exposed. Caps outfit has a pretty high sitting collar but not on the figure. Giraffe neck imo. Think I?m just going to stick with my IW cap and cancel my EG one, there is now way they?re going to fix any of its problems. I?ll score a helmeted sculpt & shield and call it a day. It just looks like a figure Hot Toys would have released years ago.

Don't understand the retardation that went behind that shield.

You'd have to be blind. Watching the biggest movie of the decade. And be supported by an entire crew of equally blind QC executives to pull off such a monumental mistake.

Pisses me off.

Agreed. Just ridiculous from hot toys. It seemed accurate based on how he held it in promo shots, but no way he can hold it correctly based on these straps.

After watching the review and seeing it next to IW...the neck is way to exposed. Caps outfit has a pretty high sitting collar but not on the figure. Giraffe neck imo. Think I?m just going to stick with my IW cap and cancel my EG one, there is now way they?re going to fix any of its problems. I?ll score a helmeted sculpt & shield and call it a day. It just looks like a figure Hot Toys would have released years ago.

May be partly due to lack of traps. Really disappointed with the lack of effort they put into this.

God that chestplate is hideous. What were they thinking. They had the formula down with IW cap. All they had to do was build upon it. What a shame

Agreed. And with that big, blocky shape I can't see repainting it with more accurate colors making much of a difference either.

So looks like IW Cap may end up being my last Cap after all. It's definitely looking a whole lot better to me now compared to the EG.

Back